Round 24 - Broncos vs Knights - Post Match Discussion

Quality finish.

Still sloppy in certain areas but some positive signs and Hodges gave the Broncos an edge they've been missing.

Big game next week against the Dragons. Let's shut le Gaz up.

randy_4b32ea_1152423.jpg

This thread will inevitably be filled with "the knights were horrible", "Bennet stinks", "hook is an idiot for not choosing this line up earlier" etc etc.

All I'll say is I really enjoyed that game and it was probably the most I've enjoyed a game of footy this year.

Think of this...

2006 we lost our fullback (Hunt) and Hodges played there to fill in...

2014 we lose Hoffman and Hodges plays there to fill in...

Probably not quite our best performance of the year all things considered, but certainly was the most fun to watch.

Unlike a lot of our wins this year, I think tonight there are a lot more positives to take from it. Barba looks back to his best and a really timely performance given WB was watching on. Hodges was magnificent and I thought the whole team did well. Maranta looked the most dangerous he's ever been and despite a shit effort for the Sims try, I thought Kennedy did a lot of good things tonight.

I'd just like to say, Welcome back Benny Barba, where the bloody hell have you been.

despite the players the Knights were missing, i still think there is plenty to take out of this match ... but also still some stuff that we need to work really hard on for the remainder of the year.

3. Hodges
2. Barba
1. Reed

Glenn, Parker, Vidot, McGuire also very unlucky to miss out

I can't remember the last time Broncos have scored a try from the kick off...

I can't even remember the last time we even tried to do something from the kick off. Hodges started it off by throwing the long pass but gotta give a lot of props to Kennedy. As a front rower would have been so easy to just take a hit up but he saw the chance that was on and threw a good pass to Barba who did the rest.

Also thought Gillett was a lot better in defence tonight. He made a key one on one tackle on Mason to save a try mid way through that 2nd half.

Man I loved seeing my mate Hodges at fullback, gee he's a quality player. Actually amazes me that he wasn't put to fullback after Khunt left. His ability to lay on a try is just incredible, his vision is second to none. I wish he wasn't as old as he is :(

Hodges - played awesome at fullback what we've needed from the back all season. Abit nervous under the high ball.
Maranta - the kid played some good football.. Faster than I thought he was.
Copley - surprising really quiet as we saw the ball was all on the left side tonight. So didn't see much from him.
Reed - played with confidence, what a difference when he has a 5/8 beside him
Vidot - solid as ****!
Barba - this is what we wanted from the start him in the 6. **** Boyd when we have Barba.
Hunt - played mature playmaking football. Nothing flash but solid!
McGuire - he's a beast the next Parker for Brisbane and Queensland
McCullough - nice service and some good little kicks. To take momentum away from knights when we were tired.
Parker - he's been playing all season like this. He's irreplaceable
Glenn - played well with Barba inside him, good touches
Gillett - Thankgod he pulled his finger out.
Thaiday - one of the best games of the year for him! Solid and solid!

The bench - came on and kept momentum rolling our way. Kennedy was a beast just hope he can back it up. Hannant with silly errors here and there. Oates was awesome when came on. Wallace was nothing special.

All in all a great game. We took advantage of less than full squad without mercy.... Oh and Barba!

I think that was easily Kennedys best game for us ... good start to playing more like we need him to ... has to continue to improve though

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.