Morning
10:00

Team Lists

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Saturday 22nd. Allianz Stadium.

This is shaping up to the game that decides the minor premiers for this season.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Rd: 24 - Broncos vs Roosters

I'm looking forward to Sammy making JWH his little bitch again :takdir:

I think one very big change could happen..

If Milford is charged. This is what I think the side will be.

1. Boyd
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Nikorima/Taylor
7. Hunt
8. Thaiday
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Wallace
15. Dodds
16. Oates
17. Ofahengaue/Nikorima

Hopefully, the MRC don't think much of it and decide to let him off. But considering their crack down on shoulder charges, I doubt they will.

Last edited:

Go with Nikorima... No point giving Taylor the experience for the Titans to take advantage of...

If Milford is charged I suspect we will see Hodges or Kahu at 5/8th. Not sure you really want to blood someone against the Roosters edge runners.

Milford will be fine. Has he even been sighted?

After watching the game last night, I absolutely think we can beat them.

After watching the game last night, I absolutely think we can beat them.

I agree. The Roosters had so much ball and yet they struggled to score points.

I reckon our left side attack will have a field day because their right defence is rubbish.

ps how the **** the refs missed that tackle (I think by Evans) which cleaned up Ryan Morgan (and then when the replay showed that the tackler hit him with a shoulder to the chin) I have not idea.

Reality is that this game will almost decide the minor premiership (particularly if we win and we go two games clear of the roosters).

Roosters will have learned from our last game. They wanted to assert dominance and just ran hard & straight. It meant we could line them up and sit them on their arse. I expect they'll use a bit more footwork at the line this time.

[MENTION=1899]Big Pete[/MENTION] plz fix thread title. I know this bothers you as much as it does me. :)

Knowing our luck (and the Roosters') Milford will get two weeks for a shoulder charge while Kane Evans will receive a royal pardon for his shoulder charge and elbow to the face. The match review comittee will deem not getting penalised to be sufficient and instead throw him a ticker tape parade through the streets of Bondi attended by all 27 Roosters fans.

Think milf will be fine, from what I remember from the incident there was no contact made with the head nor did it at any stage look careless or dangerous. If he does get sighted the NRL has truly lost it...

I can't even remember it (must have been pretty pissed) When did it happen and who did he do it to ? Did they get a penalty for it ?

Win this and we win the minor premiership and avoid having to play either the Cows or Roosters in FW1.

That's the reward, how bad do they want it?

I believe he was spotted somewhere in Brisbane today :winky:

Last edited:

Any word on Gilletts injury ?

Any word on Gilletts injury ?

Bennett said all the players that were injured will be playing next week.

I'm guessing it's not as bad as it looked.

After watching the Roosters game I thought they were no better than last year . Highly dangerous side and hard to beat but with an even spread of luck and good reffing we are even money. Stopping JWH is again the focus or at least nullifying him to a big extent will go a long way. Nothing changes for the Broncos though, we must establish our credentials over the next three games or else we truly will be just making up the numbers. We are a forward or two short so we are vulnerable to any injuries especially should we lose Blair or Thaiday. We need good luck to win the gf this year

I think we've got a good chance of winning this game. The Roosters are a great side (the team to beat atm) but they've been rattled in their last 2 games and haven't really been at their best. If we turn up and perform there is no reason why we can't beat them. Blair will need to put in a performance like Friday night in again though, JWH was outstanding last night. His try to put the Roosters in the lead was a superb effort from a front rower.

Active Now

• Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.