GIO Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:35

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey bag the team, but Canberra is awesome! Should be a nice 5 degrees Saturday night (no need for a jumper)!
I'm a massive fan of Canberra - have been here since 2020. Definitely prefer it over Melbourne, but I still miss Brisbane every day!

The football experience is putrid though, while the stadium isn't thatttttttt bad. Compared to Suncorp + the location and lack of pubs/ restaurants nearby it's pretty depressing. A brand new stadium in Civic would be incredible, shame that it won't happen.

I can see Reece eclipsing Kaylin by the end of their careers .
I believe he is with a team that will play more finals than Newcastle . Thus getting to show case more times on the big stage .
His growth and improvement this season has been stunning . We were talking a battle for the #1 end of last season . I knew he was good but not this good .

Better decision making should come with experience .
I can see Reece eclipsing them all.

How dare you! Monstrosity of an NRL club but the city itself is great.
I love Melbourne! So far superior to Sydney and Canberra it’s not funny. I even like it compared to Brisbane as a cosmopolitan destination. Pity it’s so fecking cold!

Kevvie:

“I reckon Reyno is doubtful for the Storm game I would say. If he can play next week we won’t hold him back, but it just depends on how his recovery goes. We won’t risk him. If he is fit to play, he plays and if he’s not, we won’t pick him. Reyno will be the best judge of it all. He will know whether he can play or not. If he can’t play we’re OK with that, the most important thing is to make sure he is there in good shape through the finals. He wants to get back and play, no player likes missing games, but given it’s a short turnaround - we are back on Thursday week against the Storm - that makes it a bit tighter, too, but we’ll see how it goes.”​
“Calf injuries can be tricky, but we have good trust in our medical staff and Reyno is a pretty good healer, he doesn’t miss many games. We had an opposed training session on the Friday and 10 minutes in, it gave him a bit of grief. I didn’t think it was too much at the time but we got the scans and there is a little bit of trouble there so we’ll get the medical staff to sort him out and get him back on the field.”​
“Jock can step up. We want to win even if Adam’s not there. We have Jock Madden who is very capable. If Reyno is not available for however many games, I have faith in Jock to strap on the boots and get out there. It’s a good opportunity for Jock to play some big end-of-season games as well.”​

Yep. I couldn’t see myself living anywhere other than Brisbane but if I did it would be Melbourne.

Yep. I couldn’t see myself living anywhere other than Brisbane but if I did it would be Melbourne.
I love Melbourne! So far superior to Sydney and Canberra it’s not funny. I even like it compared to Brisbane as a cosmopolitan destination. Pity it’s so fecking cold!

Melbourne is incredible for a weekend and I still head down there a fair bit, but living there and working in the city is a whole other beast. Some of the shit I saw on the trains boggles the mind.

Routinely had to avoid sloppy heroin shits, syringes, vomit, and those overdosing just on my stroll from Flinders street to the PARIS END of Collins street! Not even via Elizabeth St. Elizabeth street is an experience in itself. The city air smells like a fart in a bath.

I'd never seen any of that (other than the odd spew) from King George Square to 111 Eagle.

Keep Melbourne for your long weekend destination of course.

I'd often raise this with my colleagues and they'd agree wholeheartedly. Because I'm a Queenslander, and they LOVE NOOSA. But if a Sydney based colleague said it, they'd threaten the death penalty.

Melbourne is incredible for a weekend and I still head down there a fair bit, but living there and working in the city is a whole other beast. Some of the shit I saw on the trains boggles the mind.

Routinely had to avoid sloppy heroin shits, syringes, vomit, and those overdosing just on my stroll from Flinders street to the PARIS END of Collins street! Not even via Elizabeth St. Elizabeth street is an experience in itself. The city air smells like a fart in a bath.

I'd never seen any of that (other than the odd spew) from King George Square to 111 Eagle.

Keep Melbourne for your long weekend destination of course.

I'd often raise this with my colleagues and they'd agree wholeheartedly. Because I'm a Queenslander, and they LOVE NOOSA. But if a Sydney based colleague said it, they'd threaten the death penalty.

Come on, that only happens on Friday nights.

I'm a massive fan of Canberra - have been here since 2020. Definitely prefer it over Melbourne, but I still miss Brisbane every day!

The football experience is putrid though, while the stadium isn't thatttttttt bad. Compared to Suncorp + the location and lack of pubs/ restaurants nearby it's pretty depressing. A brand new stadium in Civic would be incredible, shame that it won't happen.
Meh its Canberra, everything is a 20min drive away ;)

I’m going to the game, first time at this stadium.

Melbourne is filled with a bunch of emo, whining, protesting buch of hippies/Nazis, with ugly trams filled with smelly people.

Sydney is too crowded and angry. Brisbane (the city) sucks too (People go to qld for everything else but the capital).

Canberra all the way!!

Note: I now feel confused backing Canberra in a Broncos v Raiders forum...

I flew down last year too and it was Frikkin freezing.
Luckily this game wasn't in July. This is what we had to deal with in Canberra:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.