Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Everyone going on about Mitchel Freil being ugly. I played footy with his dad backin the day, now he was a good looking bloke, but his missus was a knockout.So I don't know what happened there. Funny thing about his dad Harry. He never said anything to any of us, then we see him opening the bowling for Qld in the shield, top bloke ,although a Victorian, really took me under his wing as a young player. In fact he gave me my football nickname..

Last edited:
The extra day off will do the boys the world of good. Looks tired tonight. I'm sure they'll be much improved next week. There were some good individual moments. We got the win, confidence will remain high. It's all we needed against the Roosters tonight. Finals are a different ball game, but they'll be ready.

On the positive side, Wallace was absolutely superb off the bench. It's nothing compared to losing Parker, but I think we are going to miss him next year too.

I honestly think tonight is what we needed. A bit of a reality check after the high of last week. To win the premiership we need to win 9 in a row, which is a massive ask. Tonight is our de facto loss. We need to regroup now and string together 4 quality games.

On the positive side, Wallace was absolutely superb off the bench. It's nothing compared to losing Parker, but I think we are going to miss him next year too.

I missed Wallace's input into the game tonight. I'm glad to hear it though.

Sloppy game, but a lot to like imo...

Hunt trying to go through the line several times, throwing adventurous passes etc... Showing he has some confidence back which is key to the finals.

Roberts getting more involved even if he was a bit hit and miss; Kahu looking fit and engaged; Glenn showing some real spark off the bench; McCullough looking sharp and scheming away.

What wasn't good was loose carries, soft penalties, forwards getting dominated early and lack of energy in first half.

But second half we can build on...

Down 14 nil. The difference between now an 8 weeks ago.
we won . Good signs. Moving forward.

That effort against the Storm would of taken a bit out of them, so not super surprised we had an effort like that. Going back to last year, didnt we lose our last game going into the finals?

Technically, we were terrible tonight, but we showed a bit ticker to claw our way back into it. Plenty to work on but I think if Milf and Hunt can click, we're a big chance.

I have to hope that Bennett has them better prepared next week, whoever we face. Good to see they had the fortitude to come back from fourteen down and score twenty-four unanswered, even if some of them were flukey. In a game where the calls and the bounce seemed to be going against us more often than not, it would have been easy enough to just give up, and a month or two ago they would have.

Bad execution, lacking a little energy (understandable after last week's game), but still showed enough creativity to get enough points on the board.

This is pretty much my assessment. They were certainly very flat and their fatigue showed with letting the ball bounce on the 5th multiple times. At certain times during the first 30, most of the team didn't want a bar of it. Oates was on his own with the effort at that point, then Thaiday started leading from the front again with a huge hitup, and everyone followed him. 24 nil later...

Plenty to work on, but the boys are in a pretty good place, 5 straight wins, sitting in the top 4 if not temporarily, and the lowest we can fall is 5th. Get ready for finals footy.

Hunt is going good. Milford is a worry. Some of his decisions were just deplorable. Crazy crazy stuff on last tackle

We will be right. I'm pretty sure this is just a game we had to have before we go into the finals. We cut out the errors we had tonight we beat the next team we play by 20 or 30.

We will be right. I'm pretty sure this is just a game we had to have before we go into the finals. We cut out the errors we had tonight we beat the next team we play by 20 or 30.

If that team is the Titans, I wouldn't be too confident there.

We made some poor efforts in defence tonight. We allowed them to make easy metres and weren't wrapping up the ball enough, allowing them to run.

Give Hayne that kind of room to move in, we've all seen what he can do.

If that team is the Titans, I wouldn't be too confident there.

We made some poor efforts in defence tonight. We allowed them to make easy metres and weren't wrapping up the ball enough, allowing them to run.

Give Hayne that kind of room to move in, we've all seen what he can do.

I agree to some extent. I just feel as though tonight we went in with out a game plan or plan of attack like we had last week. I am pretty confident that this was just one of those nights that you can't seem to stop making errors and that we will see a much more dominate display no matter who we play.

Call me over confident, but I just have a feeling that we are going into the finals in the right spirits and good enough form.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.