Round 26 vs the Cowboys (2017)

Wild Horse

Wild Horse

NRL Player
Jan 26, 2017
I know it's half a year away but this game (and where it is situated) just pisses right off.. I think the NRL are milking this Broncos vs Cowboys rivalry for everything it's worth and to the determent of the 2 teams in this situation. We all know that the NRL draw is not random and rather is selected for ratings and what not.

We don't know where these 2 teams will be on the ladder by round 26 but I'd suggest that they do not pull their usual energy sapping vintage Broncos vs Cowboys thriller just a week out from the finals. We all saw what happened last year to the Cowboys after their epic clash with the Broncos - the Cowboys were spent the next week against the sharks and their season was over.

What do you guys think?

Have you thought about it? Are you happy that these 2 teams are playing in round 26?

Lets say both the Broncos and Cowboys will make the top 4 regardless of the result in this game. If you were coach would you say to the boys - (go all out and play your hearts out) or would you sorta tell em to back off a bit to basically save the season?

Unfortunatly, I think it will be more the case that one or maybe both teams will be playing to win the game for a top 4 berth, or home final, or perhaps to even make the 8.

Oh well, what is done is done.

NRL you suck... lol

Maybe the rivalry between the 2 clubs might turn into land slide victories next year. Who knows.

of course they are milking the rivalry, it's good for business, good for code interest.

dunno if the draw is rigged, could be, who really cares though, i never thought the fixture list was that important.

It's a total non-factor as far as premiership credentials.

Melbourne met Cronulla in Rd26 of last year, smoked them and look how far that got them when it was all said and done.

The same can be said about 2013 and 2014.

In fact, Broncos fans should be able to remember the last regular season game of 2000 where the Roosters completely shut the Broncos out and won emphatically.

Now that isn't to say I agree with the scheduling. I think it's a lousy move from the NRL since neither side is going to commit to the contest as they would have in say Round 24 and I think they put too many eggs into the one basket.

In saying that, I much prefer it over the 2014-16 schedule where both matches would be over and done with before the Origin season commenced. That was ridiculous for a number of reasons, but especially last year where the only high profile games Brisbane had left were against Melbourne.

Even then, having one during the Origin period was ugly and produced a total mismatch which was a shame because it drew a really good crowd.

There's a big chance both teams would be fighting for positions in and around the top 4.

A win for either team could also guarantee a home final in the first week and could also be a home final against one another (i.e. broncs v cows wk 1) and there is a hell of a difference between playing in Suncorp or Townsville.... NRL knows this

I just think it's fucked we have to travel to nqld at a difficult time of the year

I see this fixture as a problem as I don't think neither coach will half ass it.

Bennett is all about the good of the game and I can see him taking this game seriously. A win over the Cowboys would be a great boost going into the finals.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Griffo
  • Allo
  • Pablo
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Organix
  • Rookie Alan
  • BroncoFan94
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.