Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The teams collective attitude is a real worry for mine. The seem to just be going through the motions expecting to be there in September. Agree with BP above, the tip backs and Gilletts lazy Dave Taylor effort close to the try line really pissed me off and has me worried.

I would have thought that after what happened in the GF they would have stopped the ridiculous shutting down, it is disappointing and concerning that nothing has changed.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
By that logic, we put 22 on them in just under 40 minutes. They were totally outplayed in the first half. I'm not excusing it, but we lost by a single point, and in the previous two games, we've had one try per game scored against us. It's not the end of the world, we fell out of it for a game, they were exhausted, and couldn't get the two points in the end.

So every time we come out with a great attitude, are people going to be posting and crediting Parker for getting the team in the right mindset? Every team in the competition has off weeks, that's not the captains fault. There's nothing to suggest he's been a problem so far. It's far too early to make calls like that.

And I think we can both agree on the Griffin part but at least it looks like he might've learned from past mistakes. Shame he couldn't do that here. I wish him all the best, he's a good man by all accounts.

I agree with all of this. Plus it is my recollection (I have not had a chance to look at a replay yet) that during the period that Penrith got a real roll on in the second half that Parker was actually off the field. If this is correct and he came on when the momentum was already completely against us it is a bit of a harsh call to put it on his captaincy.

Also agree about Griffin, I might be one of the few around that still think he has the makings of a good coach, I hope he does well down there. The reality is that 3 out of the 4 years he was here we made the 8. He also had to deal with the post Lockyer phase where once again the Club had not done any future planning for.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
P.S. It really ****ed me off to see Griffin do something at the Panthers he would never do with us. Take a gamble on a youngster and play the right players in the right positions. Bringing Te Maire in, allowing Peachey and Cartwright to go back to second row, while putting Wallace at hooker was half the win. The ranga was brilliant in the way he constantly fed his forwards and halves properly, getting them over the advantage line and us back peddling continuously.

Perhaps this might be the first indication that he has learnt his lessons from the Broncos period. He needs to do something about the fullback position and quickly, hopefully he will slot Moylan back in straight away when he returns from injury.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I was expecting those questions to be asked in the presser, but neither was... weird.

It would be great if they had a fan session on line each week where we were able to ask questions like this. I know Wayne would not do it, but perhaps some of the assistant coaches could do it for 30 minutes or an hour one night during the week. I would be really keen to know what the tactical thinking was behind the interchange usage for this game.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Bennett will have them ready for Friday night. Should be a good one.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Also agree about Griffin, I might be one of the few around that still think he has the makings of a good coach, I hope he does well down there. The reality is that 3 out of the 4 years he was here we made the 8. He also had to deal with the post Lockyer phase where once again the Club had not done any future planning for.

He had some things going for him. His worst assets were fattening up the players and bench use. I'm sure he's learnt from each of those. At the very least players trimming down for the new interchange rule is the talk of the town. e.g. Des Hasler "is a genius"- to quote a certain Ch9 commentator - for slimming down his oversized team.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
BRONCOS captain Corey Parker has taken the blame for Brisbane’s shock loss to Penrith on Saturday night because he did not lead the side as he should have.

Parker said the players “weren’t mentally there” in Brisbane’s second-half fade-out against the Panthers at Pepper Stadium.Brisbane must regroup quickly for Good Friday’s grand final rematch against premiers North Queensland.

A crowd of 51,000 is predicted for the Suncorp Stadium clash but for revenge to be taken, Parker said the team needed an attitude adjustment.

“We have standards and we didn’t live up to them in the second half and I have to take responsibility for that,” he said.

“I have to take responsibility for that as I am the skipper of this team.

‘‘Mentally we weren’t there or we switched off or whatever you want to put on it.‘‘It doesn’t matter who you play, they can score points.”

It was Parker’s first loss as captain this season and he showed why Wayne Bennett appointed him when he *refused to blame anyone but himself.

Parker was adamant the 23-22 defeat was not indicative of poor training and would be an aberration.

That belief will be tested in Brisbane on Friday night.

“Next week (Friday) will be a big crowd, you guys (media) will pump it up and that’s great but at the end of the day there’s going to be two points on offer,” Parker said.

“This is Round 4 of 24 games.

This is one game in a marathon race.
“They are the games you want to play in.

“We know what happened in that game and why we are in the position we are, and the challenge for us is to make sure we are not in it again.

“We won’t win every game, that’s a given. ‘For us it is about getting back to our standards.”

Parker was one of Brisbane’s better players against the Panthers, although his kick-off that went out on the full in the dying minutes ended the Broncos’ hopes of a fightback.

Bennett criticised the players, questioning their mental strength post-game.

“He’s 100 per cent right,” Parker said of Bennett’s comments.

“You give any team quality ball, and enough of it, you will be chasing your tail.

“You can handle losing a game if you have done the things you want to do right.

“A fair assessment of the game was we were very good for 30 minutes. We took our foot off the pedal and invited them back into the game.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/565fc6383b59997a3b417542ab6f37c8

Last edited:
B

bingale16

NYC Player
May 11, 2015
Second half was dreadful. We looked so good th first 40. Dont know where it went all wrong.
I worry for us when we are behind in the later stages of the game. We change our gameplan. If we leading we rely on defense (which is good) but its just 5 hitups and a kick. Like the GF which cost us. Really wish we trusted our instinct and played like we did inthe first 40 in the end. We were struggling for metres and the panthers just rushed us and we were caught all the time. No offloads at all.
Milf is really becoming the dominant half. Hope this is not effecting Hunt, just want both to play to their potential.
Milf McGuire and Gillett the best 3 on field. Happy for Kodi to play longer minutes. He def adds another dimension, speed and gives us good uptempo game from ruck. But yes needs to work on D. Macca is too slow to play 13.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I think the Joffa omission can only be explained by the phone systems getting mixed up and Hook ended up in charge somehow.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
****, he was close.

12646671_10153596043493074_7910770630773100370_o.jpg

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
So....has there been any clarification anywhere, on any show or in any medium as to why Offa was not used ? Has the question actually been asked anywhere?

S

sus

QCup Player
Aug 20, 2013
I just watched the post match press conference and from the way Wayne Bennett was talking, I really feel like he was teaching the team a lesson, He said:

"We gave that soft try away just before half time and they (The Broncos) thought they could just turn up in the second half and get away with the win"

I think not bringing on Offa was maybe Wayne's way of making them stay out there and go through the attrition and bring them back down to Earth a little bit.

i really hope so, sure looks like they havent just picked up where they left off from lasy October which is fair enough, and bennett is surely smart enough to know he'll have to try a few things to challenge the guys mentally whilst stalling the momentum for a realistic run kike after origin.. knowing the 6 & 7 arent going anywhere this year at least

S

sus

QCup Player
Aug 20, 2013
carrying them this year aint he!

btw just realised in bhq mobile view all the while ive been thinking "why the **** am i getting all these random quotes in the reply box" im actually hitting add quote button instead of 'like'.. so yeah ive tried to hit 'like' for 100 posts since ive been on the mobile but doubt it wouldve worked lol

fml

..umm this was supposed to be quoting SFs milf clip.. lol cheers

Last edited:

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Fitzy
  • eggstar10
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.