Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Well...that was depressing BUT time for a new team list!

1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Lee
4. Cobbo
5. Pereira
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Paix
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Robati
13. Hetherington

14. Walters
15. Palasia
16. Flegler
17. Piakura

I would go with this.

If the same broncos show up as today, it’ll be another mauling by another low ranked side.

Ugh it's gonna be a tense week over here in Auckland 😑

1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Lee
4. Cobbo
5. Pereira
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Paix
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Robati
13. Hetherington

14. Walters
15. Palasia
16. Flegler
17. Piakura

I would go with this.
I fear that Niu will never be dropped in the short run as the club will look like clowns for letting go isaako only to drop his replacement a week later.

Despite the obvious issues, I’d actually avoid making too many changes. The musical chairs doesn’t actually help unless the guys coming in are banging the door down - which they aren’t. It’s mostly sideward moves which will just disrupt combinations further for little gain.

The biggest issue is that Reynolds is getting terrible service. He’s either getting a dodgey slow Turpin pass or an even worse Patty pass. Pretty huge drop in quality from Cook and Cam Murray. He gets the ball under so much pressure.

Walters and Paix to take over the hooking from Turpin and Hetherington to start. His passing is slightly better than Patty’s. I’d be strongly considering moving Capewell to 13 at some point in the season because he is the best ball player of our forwards and hasn’t been providing much so far.

I’d give Staggs one more game, just to avoid making changes but you’d tell him if he doesn’t have 10-15 runs by full time then he’ll be dropped

1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Lee
4. Cobbo
5. Pereira
9. Paix
Maybe too many changes for week four, but I think Herbie to fullback needs to be tried sooner than later. I could live with his selfish tendencies in exchange for a big bodied fullback who's solid in defence, solid under the highball and can run 80 minutes at 100%. He's never going to share the ball with anyone else but he wouldn't be the first successful fullback guilty of that.

Also if that works out maybe the Broncos can justify spending $500K+ to retain him.

I think it's too soon to drop Kotoni, but **** he's on thin ice. He looks like he has the yips.

I'm out of ideas on Selwyn. I think he might be better off in the QCup for a few weeks.

Rather than dump Tesi, I'd play him at centre first. Otherwise we might as well flick him from the club.

The warriors will be up for this.
Walsh & Knik will each score. Walsh to stick it right up us and will run rings around Tesi.
KW won’t change anything unless forced, unfortunately ie Riki & Turpin (fingers crossed he is suspended)
I expect a similar result next week.

I'd be surprised if we see many changes that arent forced. Flegler you would think will be back. Maybe a replacement for Riki. I dont think Kevvie has it in him to make many touch decisions.

Maybe too many changes for week four, but I think Herbie to fullback needs to be tried sooner than later. I could live with his selfish tendencies in exchange for a big bodied fullback who's solid in defence, solid under the highball and can run 80 minutes at 100%. He's never going to share the ball with anyone else but he wouldn't be the first successful fullback guilty of that.

Also if that works out maybe the Broncos can justify spending $500K+ to retain him.

I think it's too soon to drop Kotoni, but **** he's on thin ice. He looks like he has the yips.

I'm out of ideas on Selwyn. I think he might be better off in the QCup for a few weeks.

Rather than dump Tesi, I'd play him at centre first. Otherwise we might as well flick him from the club.
I was with you until the Tesi at centre part. He’s a terrible centre. Makes Staggs defence look like Josh Morris

Despite the obvious issues, I’d actually avoid making too many changes. The musical chairs doesn’t actually help unless the guys coming in are banging the door down - which they aren’t. It’s mostly sideward moves which will just disrupt combinations further for little gain.

The biggest issue is that Reynolds is getting terrible service. He’s either getting a dodgey slow Turpin pass or an even worse Patty pass. Pretty huge drop in quality from Cook and Cam Murray. He gets the ball under so much pressure.

Walters and Paix to take over the hooking from Turpin and Hetherington to start. His passing is slightly better than Patty’s. I’d be strongly considering moving Capewell to 13 at some point in the season because he is the best ball player of our forwards and hasn’t been providing much so far.

I’d give Staggs one more game, just to avoid making changes but you’d tell him if he doesn’t have 10-15 runs by full time then he’ll be dropped
yeah replace Turpin and give cobbo a break and bring in Pereira . Cobbo can spend time in cup for the foreseeable future which i think will do him the world of good.

I am in two minds about a lot of things with this team. I feel like there is a real benefit in getting Cobbo, Mam, Paix to all develop some combos in Q Cup to be honest. The problem is, Turpin is just such a plodder, the first grade team won't go anywhere while he continues to be the 9.

Swap Herbie and Niu, drop Turpin for a Walters/Paix combo. That would be the only changes I make. Staggs on reaaal thin ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • eggstar10
  • Foordy
  • lynx000
  • HarryAllan7
  • Cavalo
  • sooticus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Gaz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.