11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Walters
15. Baker
15. Hetherington
17. Hunt
18.Oates

18th man has to be Oates as we can move our wingers to Centre if Forward issues, Hunt comes in as backrow bench option because we can't afford Baker being on edge again.

Assuming no more bullshit I think we can beat Cowboys with Sailor, he is better than you think he is, he is basically 85% Walsh, with same edge play style.

The team I would go with assuming Walsh and Reyno is out:
1. Sailor
2. Arthars
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Oates
6. Mam
7. Madden
8. Jensen
9. Smoothy
10. Willison
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Walters
15. Baker
15. Hetherington
17. Hunt
18.Oates

18th man has to be Oates as we can move our wingers to Centre if Forward issues, Hunt comes in as backrow bench option because we can't afford Baker being on edge again.

Assuming no more bullshit I think we can beat Cowboys with Sailor, he is better than you think he is, he is basically 85% Walsh, with same edge play style.
I'm guessing Cobbo is an unintentional omission?

Very highly doubtful Walsh is playing in 8 days even with no fracture.

Sailor in.

I'm guessing Cobbo is an unintentional omission?
I'm not going to say I copied someone's team selection but forgot Cobbo being put back at centre after he was put in fullback but yeah that is what happened lmao(oates is winger and 18th man lmao)

There is no team selection that doesn't have Selwyn in it, for me he is in our top 5 players(Walsh, Haas, Reyno, Carrigan, Cobbo IMO our entire cap should be based on those 5 the rest be damned).

Very highly doubtful Walsh is playing in 8 days even with no fracture.

Sailor in.
Sailor in for Walsh is the least disruptive to the rest of the team as well. He isn't as dynamic as Walsh, but he is safe, and still has speed, playmaking ability, and a sneaky kicking game. He will set up a few tries for Mariner off a nice cutout pass or a short banana kick behind the opposition winger.

I'm dropping Madden, and giving Tristan a shot in the halves. Jock is fine for a bandaid, but we've seen enough now to know he's like a safer version of Brodie Croft. He might improve but he's not our long term solution.

Maybe Tristan isn't either, but has more upside and is a fuckload more exciting to watch. If he genuinely can't defend for shit - as widely feared - then he goes to fullback, Billy goes to the halves and we never need speak of this again. Cobbo gets another week at fullback, Jesse returns to centre and Oates gets to cameo back on his old wing.

I have Ezra at 7, because he says he wants a shot at it. Tristan is more of a 6. But whatever.

I want to see how we look with Smoothy starting and Billy playing fewer minutes.

1. Cobbo (continuity)
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Arthars (experience)
5. Mariner (continuity - would prefer him at centre)
6. Sailor (cover backs if injury. Billy to cover half)
7. Mam
8. Jensen
9. Smoothy (60 minutes)
10. Baker (not much option)
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Billy (20 minutes at dummy half, plus halves cover if injury or Sailor doesn't cut it)
15. Hetherington
16. Willison
17. Taupau

Baker should be dropped but the cupboard is otherwise bare. Would love to call up Te Kura but IMO he's too green.

Does anyone know if Piakura passed his HIA at the end of the game?

If Reyno is still out Madden probably deserves another shot at 7. He was steady with no mistakes but has a poor long kicking game. That or move Walters to 7 because lets face it he is a half trying to be a hooker.

For the sake of not upsetting the team too much I believe Kevvy will if Reyno is out leave everything the way it is and hopefully swap Willison for Baker as a starter and if Walsh is out bring Sailor in. Cobbo is killing it at centre and should be moved back there asap.

Mozer and Te Kura are both still pretty green but if Baker and Walters don't lift their games Kevvy may have no choice but to give one or both some game time.

Hunt was terrible for Wynnum round one and missed nine tackles, you can't reward that- his spacing was horrid and it wasn't even just big Hunters that went through him it was everyone. Then with the ball ran into touch on an overs line.

I don't think we change the side to be frank. Madden was pretty shit but I think he's the most viable option. Baker was horrendous for us. A total fucking let down after being gifted the starting jersey. I would almost start tapau and tell him to belt himself for 15 minutes and bring willison on. We need more from walters, im hoping he finds some form soon or yes smoothy could start. Mam was ordinary for 60 minutes but found his form at the end of the game, I really think he will get some confidence out of that. He also kicked really well, better than madden, his bomb floated in the air and seemed to stay up there for several seconds longer than madden. Boy this start to the season stinks but we are a good footy side. It will come good eventually and we will have some injury luck. Our outside backs have been so good.

I'm dropping Madden, and giving Tristan a shot in the halves. Jock is fine for a bandaid, but we've seen enough now to know he's like a safer version of Brodie Croft. He might improve but he's not our long term solution.

Maybe Tristan isn't either, but has more upside and is a fuckload more exciting to watch. If he genuinely can't defend for shit - as widely feared - then he goes to fullback, Billy goes to the halves and we never need speak of this again. Cobbo gets another week at fullback, Jesse returns to centre and Oates gets to cameo back on his old wing.

I have Ezra at 7, because he says he wants a shot at it. Tristan is more of a 6. But whatever.

I want to see how we look with Smoothy starting and Billy playing fewer minutes.

1. Cobbo (continuity)
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Arthars (experience)
5. Mariner (continuity - would prefer him at centre)
6. Sailor (cover backs if injury. Billy to cover half)
7. Mam
8. Jensen
9. Smoothy (60 minutes)
10. Baker (not much option)
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Billy (20 minutes at dummy half, plus halves cover if injury or Sailor doesn't cut it)
15. Hetherington
16. Willison
17. Taupau

Baker should be dropped but the cupboard is otherwise bare. Would love to call up Te Kura but IMO he's too green.

Taupau will likely be suspended.

Madden had a suspected facial fracture round one and Walsh round three- two in a month who would have thought.

Walsh being driven home.
Is there any talk of him being any chance to being right next week? Given that they are saying that there is no fracture and they are still avoiding the pressure changes and subsequent swelling from flying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.