PRE-GAME Round 4 - Broncos vs Titans

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

With the rate of penalties blown this weekend it is becoming obvious that the first team to adapt to the play the ball (i.e. When defending, timing their line speed to remain onside and when attacking playing the ball correctly) will have quite a substantial advantage in any game they take part in. It's round 3 and players and coaches are still not getting the message. Whoever wises up first will be grabbing a big march on their rivals. I'm sure Greenberg, Sutton et.al. are desperate to hold a team up as an example of how it should be done. Cameron Smith's sin binning is further proof that they're running a 'zero tolerance' policy until such times as teams adjust. The first team to do so will reap the rewards. WB is pretty astute when it comes to this and is a keen advocate of cleaner play the balls and less nonsense in and around the ruck so I think we're a chance of being that team.

If Greenturd maintains this and doesn't let the refs regress, I will forgive every single moronic thing he has ever done and said

Consistency in refereeing is the holy grail of sport. On the radio, some callers to the station were blaming players for complaining, but i've always thought it was one of those things the media use to sell themselves. Lots of penalties called "the ref is not letting the game flow", low penalties "whatever happened to the play-the-ball/scrum/10 metres". They just jump from one to the other to make news out of nothing, whilst the lovers of the sport get tied into the merry-go-round.
For me personally, I want strong, consistent, calling of penalties when refereeing, and "to hell" with game quality. Players will adjust and it really is them, not the referees for whom the penalties are to blame. So long as the calling is consistent.

Consistency in refereeing is the holy grail of sport. On the radio, some callers to the station were blaming players for complaining, but i've always thought it was one of those things the media use to sell themselves. Lots of penalties called "the ref is not letting the game flow", low penalties "whatever happened to the play-the-ball/scrum/10 metres". They just jump from one to the other to make news out of nothing, whilst the lovers of the sport get tied into the merry-go-round.
For me personally, I want strong, consistent, calling of penalties when refereeing, and "to hell" with game quality. Players will adjust and it really is them, not the referees for whom the penalties are to blame. So long as the calling is consistent.
Couldn't agree more with this. You've summed it up perfectly

Could you please supply a few references or quotes which exemplifies this arrogance claimed please ? I'm not saying he isn't, I just haven't heard it in his interviews. Mundine on the other hand.....

There was that interview where they asked him if he considered going back to the Broncos and Taylor grabbed his crotch, said “Who are the Broncos”? and spat at the reporter’s feet.

There was that interview where they asked him if he considered going back to the Broncos and Taylor grabbed his crotch, said “Who are the Broncos”? and spat at the reporter’s feet.

I think you're mistaken, I think you will find that was Paul Kent (at any and all given opportunity).

Oh, I didn't see that interview. Doesn't sound good but he may have been sick to death of the same question, over and over. Don't know, just guessing. Of course he may have turned into a prize prick too.

We win tomorrow we jump up to 4th thanks to the warriors. So just win ffs!!

Kodi has not improved, all of last year he struggled and this year he has been even quieter.

Saying that he was halfback for the winning side is one of the worst arguments that i constantly see written around here. Just like the 12 wins last year when he started. Did he have a major influence on either game we have won so far this year? The answer is barely.

I disagree but more importantly Wayne does. If Kodi doesn’t improve as a starting half Wayne may indeed look to replace him but saying so after 4 games is ludicrous, someone who has allegedly played high level rugby league would know this...

Other than his position, you know nothing about his role in the team, you know nothing about what his coach expects of him, you know nothing about his physical state, whether he is carrying an injury or whether he is playing under instructions.

In short...

Anyone have an idea of what kind of crowd is expected tomorrow night? Family friendly time on a long weekend for a local dearby surely get close to 40,000 people?

Someone grab the Darius Boyd courier mail story plz ?

Will probably be a close game. Hard to see the Titans being as bad as they were last week.

I disagree but more importantly Wayne does. If Kodi doesn’t improve as a starting half Wayne may indeed look to replace him but saying so after 4 games is ludicrous, someone who has allegedly played high level rugby league would know this...

Other than his position, you know nothing about his role in the team, you know nothing about what his coach expects of him, you know nothing about his physical state, whether he is carrying an injury or whether he is playing under instructions.

In short...

giphy.gif

In short...

What i do know is that he has got 7 on his back....so unless there some new strategy of Kodi playing undercover as a winger, in the position of halfback, yet not acting like a winger or half back, because he has some unique role in the team? Maybe Wayne has decided modern Rugby league only needs one half and the other can be a full time on the field utility to make up the numbers?

Seriously?? Are you arguing the point because you have something against me, or because you want to say that i'm wrong?

Its got nothing to do with 4 games. Hes come into this season with reserve grade form so far. Last year was highs and lows - but could be excused due to chopping and changing. If hes got the ability he would have started to settle into the role by now - especially seeing as hes had a whole off season under his belt. Wayne announced mid last year Kodi was to be 7.... If hes carrying an injury this early in the season it would be stupid not to rest him, niggling injuries will become a headache later in the year.

I will stick by my opinion, if he cannot deliver this week, then he has some serious issues and he is not fit for full time half.

Hey guys, Happy Easter! I've been trying to get tickets for this game on ticketek but keep getting a message saying it's unavailable. Should I just rock up at the game or does this mean the game is sold out?

Hey guys, Happy Easter! I've been trying to get tickets for this game on ticketek but keep getting a message saying it's unavailable. Should I just rock up at the game or does this mean the game is sold out?
Are you sure? I just jumped on the ticketek site and every section is available bar "throwback", whatever that means?

Still plenty of seats available. Try again.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • thenry
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.