Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
We haven't had a sold out game for awhile.

S

Spoon

QCup Player
May 24, 2015
Nrl live pass on my android tv box, hotspots from my telstra mobile. Will it work I wonder..
I can watch full match replays currently using it

Lozza

Lozza

Jul 7, 2011
Thanks guys! Apparently there was an issue with buying tickets over the last couple of days but is all good now.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Nrl live pass on my android tv box, hotspots from my telstra mobile. Will it work I wonder..
I can watch full match replays currently using it
I have Telstra mobile how does that pass thing work?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I have Telstra mobile how does that pass thing work?

Turn off your wi-fi and go through the steps and as said above, it will automatically detect your account and give you a free pass.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
We haven't had a sold out game for awhile.

Not since that preliminary final against the Roosters.

They said Round 4 2016 was sold out but I don't buy it..

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Preview pics broncos v titans r4 1

Broncos v Titans: Sims to start, Cartwright benched

March 27, 2018

Maybe they had a bit of luck in golden point, but the Brisbane Broncos made it two from three with last week's 9-7 defeat of the Tigers. Belted by the Dragons in round one, Brisbane now have their defence in order. There are concerns for their side, however, with both Corey Oates (hip) and Tevita Pangai Jr. (hamstring) facing at least a week on the sidelines.

The Gold Coast Titans were abysmal in last Sunday's 54-8 trouncing from the Dragons but, aside from a 54-0 drubbing in round 22 last year, have a knack for rising to the occasion against their Queensland rivals.

Brisbane Broncos v Gold Coast Titans, 6.30pm (7.30pm AEDT) Sunday at Suncorp Stadium

The key match-up: The battle in the centres between Broncos flyer James Roberts and Titans powerhouse Konrad Hurrell is a classic contrast of speed versus strength. If the Titans re-produce the same sloppy defensive effort that led to the thrashing from the Dragons, Roberts could have a day out.

For the Broncos to win: First and foremost they can't just show up expecting the Titans to roll over. If Brisbanedefend as strongly as they have in their past two wins, they should have toomuch attacking firepower.

For the Titans to win: It all starts with attitude and self-belief that they aren't as bad as last week's horror show suggests. Atonement will be a strong motivating factor but will only get them so far if they don't put in a serious 80-minute effort against their big-city rivals.

Broncos stat attack: In 25 meetings with the Titans, the Broncos have won 18, lost five and drawn twice. They have out-scored Gold Coast 606 to 351 in those clashes.

Titans stat attack: The Titans have scored 46 points in three games to Brisbane's 45 in 2018, but their 102 points conceded is the worst in the competition.

And another thing: Look for Titans halfback Ash Taylor to have a big game against his former club after his ineffectual performance against the Dragons.

Broncos: 1 Darius Boyd (c), 2 Jonus Pearson, 3 James Roberts, 4 Jack Bird, 5 Jamayne Isaako, 6 Anthony Milford, 7 Kodi Nikorima, 8 Matthew Lodge, 9 Andrew McCullough, 10 Korbin Sims, 11 Alex Glenn, 12 Matt Gillett, 13 Josh McGuire

Interchange: 14 Sam Thaiday, 15 Joe Ofahengaue, 16 Tom Opacic, 17 Jaydn Su'A.

Reserves: 18 Todd Murphy, 19 Sam Tagataese

Corey Oates (hip) and Tevita Pangai Jnr (hamstring) are out, with Jonus Pearson and Korbin Sims starting in their place and Jaydn Su'A joining the bench. Gehamat Shibasaki and Patrick Mogo drop off the extended bench.

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Dale Copley, 4 Konrad Hurrell, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 Kane Elgey, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Nathan Peats, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Will Matthews 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14 Mitch Rein, 15 Max King, 16 Bryce Cartwright, 17 Leilani Latu

Reserves: 18 Morgan Boyle, 19 Ryan Simpkins

Bryce Cartwright has been dropped to the bench, with Will Matthews starting in the back row, Jai Arrow shifting to lock and Ryan James moving to prop. Keegan Hipgrave is suspended for one match, replaced on the bench by Max King, while Morgan Boyle drops out of the 17. AJ Brimson and Tyronne Roberts-Davis have dropped off the extended bench.

Head-to-head: 25 matches, Broncos 18 wins, Titans 5 wins, 2 draws.

Matches at venue: 13 matches, Broncos 12 wins, Titans 1 win.

Last five head-to-head: Broncos 5 wins, Titans 0 wins.

2017 results: Broncos won 24-22 in round 7, Broncos win 54-0 in round 22.

Points per game: Broncos 15, Titans 15.3.

Points conceded per game: Broncos 20.3, Titans 34

Televised: Live on Nine, Fox League

Source: NRL.com

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
This game will be a good barometer of where we are at after one good win and two dodgy away performances: A home game that we should on paper win.

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
I do have faith in our boys but I've just got a bad feeling about this one

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Is this game not on Channel 9 ffs?

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
There’s still no way to stream my iPad or iPhone to the TV is there?

Purple Pills

Purple Pills

NRL Player
Jul 13, 2017
I don't think anyone is saying that they would have not taken up the Titans' offer, but I get the analogy that it's a shortcut.

He definitely hasn't had to "earn" his $1 million a season like most other big-dollar players have. He hasn't spent years in first grade honing his craft, developing, maturing, and proving he can play to an elite standard, at the highest level, consistently (true, neither has Milford, at least on that latter part). His contract was the product of hype, coupled with the Titans' determination to sign him on a whatever-it-takes basis in order to keep him away from the Broncos.

Shortcut or not, he's achieved his goal. Assuming his goal was to get a big fat contract. Considering how arrogant he's coming across, that may well be the case. Because if he thinks he's "made it" in any other way, he's deluded.

Maybe Ash is Moses Suli MK 2?

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Man the Live Pass footage is terrible. It’s in a tiny box inside a black square. It’s like 5” even on the iPad. Sigh.

S

Spoon

QCup Player
May 24, 2015
Yep the live pass screen box is terrible. Makes my 50" tv look like a 27" when zoomed in to make the image larger

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
There’s still no way to stream my iPad or iPhone to the TV is there?

I heard that the NRL or Fox or whoever blocked sharing between devices, but I can't confirm. Live Pass is so fucking terrible either way.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • john1420
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • mitch222
  • Bucking Beads
  • azza.79
  • Gaz
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.