Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Which goes a long way to seeing why we look so disorganised. IMO...he is shit at it or,
as noted the other week, he is too stuffed from so much tackling to be thinking straight. Either way, if A.Mc is left to be "the" organiser....we're in for a long couple of seasons.

I guess it's 2009 or 2010 again and we still think he'll be the next Smith clone.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I liked WB's presser after the match. As he said......it's not like the players don't have a game plan they're working towards, but when the ball gets dropped on the first tackle 4 or 5 times and you find yourself 0-10 on the scoreboard. The game plan kinda goes out the window and you're forcing everything you do, trying to play catch up footy.

In other words this team shits the bed once they get the fumbles or fall behind on the score board. Heads drop lower than an old mans sack and there's no leader to lift them up.

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
FWIW to me the forwards (and probably the team to be fair) are trying to play too cute. We don't have that one forward just putting in a hard run or leading the defensive line speed and putting in a strong tackle. The closest is probably TPJ which is ridiculous considering he's one of the young guys.

They're just going out there taking their hit ups but not really feeling the game and taking a strong hit up or looking for a quick play the ball. Getting between guys to find your front and creating a bit of speed through the ruck for the halves to play off.

I watch every game and it becomes so frustrating watching other teams just generally being quicker than us through the ruck and that being the norm for them... it might be the whole team is just thinking too much... those forward runs two passes wide are just telegraphed and the defence picks them off and usually hard.

Their game should be just run hard hit them on the advantage line, find your front and fight for a quick play the ball. That's basically the storm prop game plan for the last 10yrs... it's a simple game plan but helps build them into the game and when that is perfected THEN put some variations into the mix. Don't need to start with two passes wide from the get go

With this crackdown by the refs winning the ruck is going to become even more important, unfortunately it is probably one of our weakest points. I have no idea why but our forwards seem to have been coached to start in closer to the ruck then skip out past the a and b defenders to get a quick play the ball. I can’t say I’ve taken much notice of a storm game recently but I’d be willing to bet that’s the exact opposite of what their forwards are taught to do.

If our forwards were to start their hit ups wider of the ruck that would create all the space they need to get there nose through the line then get down to there front and get a quick play the ball. Another way we could improve our chances of getting a quick play the ball is by sending our forwards at the gap between the 2nd marker and the a defender, the aim here would be to get at the 2nd marker to exploit the fact that they’re retreating so it makes it harder to make good contact on the runner.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Which goes a long way to seeing why we look so disorganised. IMO...he is shit at it or,
as noted the other week, he is too stuffed from so much tackling to be thinking straight. Either way, if A.Mc is left to be "the" organiser....we're in for a long couple of seasons.
If we’re left with Nikorima who is the halfback as our organiser we’re in for a much worse time.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Spot on.

I’ve been saying it for a few years now. It wouldn’t matter if we had Lockyer and Joey in the halves, if we get utterly dominated like we have been, and make silly errors consistently, our halves aren’t going to do much.

Give them some momentum and space to run, and they will do some real damage as they did against Cowboys.

Facts are that these two are not organisers or game managers but ball runners. Much of our organising falls back on Macca. Milf needs to be a little more vocal, and push the guys around a bit better, no doubt.

I think our real problem is the pack to be honest. Attitude and application hasn’t been there except for 45 good mins against the Cowboys. Enthusiasm is down, and confidence is starting to go with it.
Seems like there's a few issues then.

1) Our pack sucks, whether it's being out-enthused or just not good enough and we're not being ruthless enough

2) We're putting square pegs in round holes wrt our halves - we caught lightning in a bottle in 2015 but it's extremely unlikely it will happen again, not to mention that Hunt despite all his faults is a much better half than Nikorima

3) Part of point 2, but if our hooker is making 23432 tackles a game is also organising a team WTF is going on

4) if we lost Corvo and Hooper - who are their replacements? Did we drop the ball in off the field recruitment as well?

5) Boyd. He isn't a captain and he is regressing at a frightening (for us) rate. He can't even run the sweep play anymore without stopping, propping, and getting tackled as our backs have overran the play (because of the aforementioned nonsense jinking)

6) part of 3 and 5, no leadership, no one stepping upto the plate. everyone waiting for someone else to do it. I don't know what goes on at training, you might, but is it a game day thing or is it just a run through the motions at training which is translating on the field?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Hooper too, look how the Tigers are going.

So who replaced them ? If those sort of people leave your system you replace them with similar quality or better.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I was at this game live, and it was made worse by the fucking family sitting next to me that didn't control their kids.

I was sitting up in 534 and the seats I was sitting in had a railing in front of me. It was one of those seats that had the cup holders.

I was sitting there with my brother, and the kids next to us were constantly up and down, running around the railing and climbing up on it blocking our view. Each time they ran around the railing, my brother and I had to get up so they could get through.. This happened over a dozen times in the first 15 minutes. A lot of the time my view was blocked because they were climbing on the railing.

I looked over at the parents and they were smiling at me probably thinking that I was finding it funny.. I wasn't.

I shook my head at them.. They didn't like what I said after that. Eventually they moved after they also received complaints from other people.

If you're going take kids to a game, control them. We pay money to watch the footy.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Has there been much said about Josh McGuire's grubbiness? I wasn't a fan of him attacking the head bandages of Wallace and Ryan James.

Very Paul Gallen-esc for mine......:awwwman:

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
Has there been much said about Josh McGuire's grubbiness? I wasn't a fan of him attacking the head bandages of Wallace and Ryan James.

I think you'll find that Wallace and McGuire are mates from playing together at the broncos and QLD, it was more for shits and giggles and giving it to your mate who left to join the tits. As far as Ryan James goes, most Broncos players have had run ins with that knuckle head over the years

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

Well Wallace is just ear taping isn't it. So no injury,Not sure about James though. Didn't see that

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013

There is a lot of Gallen style play in Josh. Hit up on the 4th play from anywhere on the field is the biggest comparison.... Often gets in the way of the halves. Haven’t seen it brought up here too often, if ever, but he gets in the way - a lot. Stifles momentum with one out plays, and sometimes cuts off the halves and takes a hit up rather than allowing the ball to go to the ball players.

Example scenario. Break is made, quick play the ball, line set for a shift - Moose cuts in front of the first receiver and has a simple one out hit up. Painful to watch. Can only imagine what the halves feel when he does it. He isn’t a big fan of constructive criticism either.....

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
There is a lot of Gallen style play in Josh. Hit up on the 4th play from anywhere on the field is the biggest comparison.... Often gets in the way of the halves. Haven’t seen it brought up here too often, if ever, but he gets in the way - a lot. Stifles momentum with one out plays, and sometimes cuts off the halves and takes a hit up rather than allowing the ball to go to the ball players.

There were quite a lot of posts about McGuire being like this last year. It's why people didn't want him at lock.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014

Example scenario. Break is made, quick play the ball, line set for a shift - Moose cuts in front of the first receiver and has a simple one out hit up. Painful to watch. Can only imagine what the halves feel when he does it. He isn’t a big fan of constructive criticism either.....
Is this because there isn't a dominant playmaker barking at him to get the **** out of the way?

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Come on Joe, have you been in a parallel universe? This has been brought up so many times as the reason people want him out of the lock jersey, and back into prop.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Come on Joe, have you been in a parallel universe? This has been brought up so many times as the reason people want him out of the lock jersey, and back into prop.

I don't think it will change though, it's obviously his thought process. He thinks he is doing the right thing by taking the hit up. I thought he played well in the cowboys game because he was shifting it on to the next man.

Active Now

• Browny
  • bazza
  • kat00
  • Huge
  • Alec
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jeza23
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.