Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

M

morganmorgan

NYC Player
Mar 9, 2015
Well Warriors are playing well and we did too.

So what are the keys to beating the warriors at home? Who will take the game by the horns? What are you most excited about?

Discuss!!

I would only make one change to the team ...

If Copley is fit banish Reed to the ISC

Tomkins possibly injured. That could be significant.

Warriors have rookie centres in Kata and Lolohea. That's the area to target IMO.

Should we be targeting manu's side? Good for a few misreads and knock ons

Agree, brick hands Vatuvei needs to be shaken up early. Once he is, it's almost comical to watch.

Always hard to pick the result when we play these *****.

Which SJ will show up ..?

Hope McGuire is right to go for this, Copley would be handy as well.

Just hope we don't go into our shell because it was great to watch us trying things against the Cows.

We can certainly win this, we just need to get into an arm wrestle with them by completing sets early to wear out their forwards then use penalties and errors to allow Milf and Hunt to take over the game like they did last night. Start piling the points on and the Warriors will capitulate like they always do in the second half. And yes, bombs away on Manu.

Lolohea looks suspect under the bomb. If Tomkins is out Lolohea will be fullback, so I'd actually bomb to him if Sam is out. Let's hope he is, because he's looked a much improved player this year.

Oates opposing Manu makes me feel a lot better. Whatever Vatuvei is, he is very fast for his size, and last year he scored 17 tries - Copley was our best with 16. I think it is a mistake to under estimate brick hands who can also be a brick wall.

The Warriors are all about SJ and Tomkins ... and I think Hurrell will be back. They will score points given the slightest amount of space and time. But then who doesn't know that.

For mine, we just continue to develop the same combinations and game plan: Milford-Hunt; Milford-Glenn, Hunt-Gillett. Parker offloading.

Our strength is edge play and getting it out wide with Kahu making up the numbers in the line. I hope Thaiday continues to pass the ball more and die with it less. For mine he did a lot to make the ball work for us last night.

As always, control the middle, let the ball do the work.

Our spine is starting to strengthen nicely. Really looking forward to this one.

-Reed +Copley
-Nikorima +Dodds/Garbutt/Molo

We're going to need more size against the Warriors.

-Reed +Copley
-Nikorima +Dodds/Garbutt/Molo

We're going to need more size against the Warriors.

Are they that much bigger than the Cowboys? I'm more worried about giving SJ and Tomkins (if he plays) too much space and time which aside from their own speed and footwork, they can get the ball to Hurrell (if he plays) who is one big man who is very damaging.

I also think mongrel, momentum and determination is the antidote to the Warriors who fall apart under sustained pressure, especially out wide.

In any case, if the speed of our passing game continues to improve, and we get the ball moving out wide, for mine, we can do the Warriors in a very tough match.

Vidot wasn't as strong tonight, Minto caught him out a couple of times in defence. He came off the bench again.

Vidot wasn't as strong tonight, Minto caught him out a couple of times in defence. He came off the bench again.

Yep, he's on the outer.

I can't help but give Bennett the benefit of the doubt. He's 4 from 4 so far on off season cullings. Hannant, Barba, Hoffman and Kennedy have all been terrible additions to their respective clubs.

Last edited:
This is one game where I'd be happy for Blair to continue his brick-wall defence. We need every bit of help to stop whichever Big Man Running Very Fast has come off their endless Big Men With Speed production line.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Justwin
  • Jedhead
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • Bish
  • ivanhungryjak
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Allo
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • Spoon
  • Browny
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • broncotville
  • BroncosAlways
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.