Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

imagine the backlash Seibold would cop if they thought he was blaming the refs for yet another loss. He’s already copping it from all ends for the slightest mention of an excuse.

He pissed the fox sports crew off, they are going to bash him all year and as long as he lasts. There's already an article today from them saying he was absolutely fuming at the Carrigan strip call and how we were dudded.

So he barely made any mention of it and they are painting it as if he said straight up the refs cost us the game anyways.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it is because he wanted to get Nui on the field and this is Paix 2nd NRL game and doesn’t want to kill him.

The guy can’t win, if he didn’t sub Paix people would be blowing up that Paix was exhausted and Nui was riding the pine.

I agree with you, however for mine, given Paix has to have a rest, I felt Dearden was the better option for the bench. He could have added some spark as hooker. Isaako there was a waste of time and space.

Watched some of the game back before leaving for work this morning and the inconsistency of the 6 again rule is legitimately making me want to stop following.

Look at pretty much all our 6 agains this year (wouldnt be more than 8 anyways id guess) but nearly all of them are late game to get the count up and they are tackle 1 and 2.

Then you see the ones we concede. Theres no way Manly weren't holding us down equally as long as we did for some of their 6 agains. There was 2 that were rapid play the balls and they still got 6 again.

Ruining the game

He pissed the fox sports crew off, they are going to bash him all year and as long as he lasts. There's already an article today from them saying he was absolutely fuming at the Carrigan strip call and how we were dudded.

So he barely made any mention of it and they are painting it as if he said straight up the refs cost us the game anyways.

Maybe I’m paranoid and usually I chuckle at people who say this but damn the fox commentary felt one sided last night. Obviously that’s partly because we were trash the second half but it felt like they couldn’t give us any wraps.

At one point they said “fingers crossed they kick this” when Manly were converting one of their comeback tries.

Pretty sure it is because he wanted to get Nui on the field and this is Paix 2nd NRL game and doesn’t want to kill him.

The guy can’t win, if he didn’t sub Paix people would be blowing up that Paix was exhausted and Nui was riding the pine.
Our forwards were absolutely buggered in the second half, even with Lodge getting a free interchange, but we had 5 interchanges left with 5 or 10 to go. Seibold hasn't used the bench effectively.

I cab understand giving Paix a break but Issaaco isn't a good enough hooker you want him playing dummy half when the game's on the line. This isn't one-handed blindfolded rocket surgery, if Seibold's plan was to rely on a young ISC half-who-cant-play-80-at-hooker as our only backup 9 he probably should have had a better plan than to push our fullback into dummy half when it's do or die.

Maybe I’m paranoid and usually I chuckle at people who say this but damn the fox commentary felt one sided last night. Obviously that’s partly because we were trash the second half but it felt like they couldn’t give us any wraps.

At one point they said “fingers crossed they kick this” when Manly were converting one of their comeback tries.

Read the shitty match report on NRL.com - it is all about Manly, that all the good things we did were the result of Manly being off or Manly mistakes. Utter shit.

Anyone who doesn't think there is a bias against the Broncos across the NSW border is just plain wrong. It sucks, and the best way we can deal with this shit is to start winning games which we will when Fifi and TPJ return.

Our forwards were absolutely buggered in the second half, even with Lodge getting a free interchange, but we had 5 interchanges left with 5 or 10 to go. Seibold hasn't used the bench effectively.

if that’s true, that’s crazy. The players were visually fatigued and our game fell apart. He could’ve given Haas or Offa a 10 minute spell to finish strong. Does he have no faith in his bench? At least when TPJ and Fifita are back he’ll have no excuses with all our depth. Might start lasting full games.

Courier Mail Player Ratings:

1 Jamayne Isaako – 6
2 Xavier Coates – 8
3 Kotoni Staggs – 7
4 Darius Boyd – 6
5 Herbie Farnworth – 7
6 Anthony Milford – 5
7 Brodie Croft – 5
8 Matt Lodge – 7
9 Cory Paix – 6
10 Payne Haas – 8
11 Corey Oates – 5
12 Joe Ofahengaue – 5
13 Pat Carrigan – 7
14 Tesi Niu – 4
15 Ben Te’o – No rating
16 Rhys Kennedy – 4
17 Tom Flegler – 5

1 Jamayne Isaako – 6
2 Xavier Coates – 8
3 Kotoni Staggs – 7
4 Darius Boyd – 6
5 Herbie Farnworth – 7
6 Anthony Milford – 5
7 Brodie Croft – 5
8 Matt Lodge – 7
9 Cory Paix – 6
10 Payne Haas – 8
11 Corey Oates – 5
12 Joe Ofahengaue – 5
13 Pat Carrigan – 7
14 Tesi Niu – 4
15 Ben Te’o – No rating
16 Rhys Kennedy – 4
17 Tom Flegler – 5

How does Coates get an 8? Yeah offensively he was great but defensively he gave away too many penalties. Also felt Oates deserved more than a 5. Thought he was quite good. Better than Offa

if that’s true, that’s crazy. The players were visually fatigued and our game fell apart. He could’ve given Haas or Offa a 10 minute spell to finish strong. Does he have no faith in his bench? At least when TPJ and Fifita are back he’ll have no excuses with all our depth. Might start lasting full games.
I believe it's true, NRL stats are showing we only used 7 interchanges and one HIA. As I recall Seibold has always had issues with bench rotations, relying far too much on predetermined schedules so he'd keep gassed players on the field way too long and other times he'd pull them off too early.

1 Jamayne Isaako – 6
2 Xavier Coates – 8
3 Kotoni Staggs – 7
4 Darius Boyd – 6
5 Herbie Farnworth – 7
6 Anthony Milford – 5
7 Brodie Croft – 5
8 Matt Lodge – 7
9 Cory Paix – 6
10 Payne Haas – 8
11 Corey Oates – 5
12 Joe Ofahengaue – 5
13 Pat Carrigan – 7
14 Tesi Niu – 4
15 Ben Te’o – No rating
16 Rhys Kennedy – 4
17 Tom Flegler – 5

its crazy that Haas is so good that a performance like last night is only an 8 for him. If Rhys Kennedy got the same stats it’d be a 10 and it’s own article.

80 minutes
18 hit ups
191 metres
105 post contact metres
4 tackle breaks
4 line breaks
45 tackles
0 missed tackles
0 errors

Aiden Funua Blake was next level during his stint though. Completely spanked us.

How does Coates get an 8? Yeah offensively he was great but defensively he gave away too many penalties. Also felt Oates deserved more than a 5. Thought he was quite good. Better than Offa
In Meyn's words:

"Terrorised Manly’s left side with his soaring leaps all night and scored a sensational try. A real weapon out wide for the Broncos and should be persisted with despite giving away a crucial penalty. "

Meyn & Badel found five things worth saying after the narrow loss:

1/ "The Broncos lack experience to be a consistent team. They are capable of playing some exciting and energetic football but don’t have the runs on the board to control a game for 80 minutes. That isn’t going to change until the team becomes more experienced and that takes time."

2/ "Broncos coach Anthony Seibold may have to pull the trigger on his halves pairing and inject young gun Tom Dearden. Halfback Brodie Croft is still yet to cement Brisbane’s No. 7 jersey. Croft had a horrible start when his first kick sailed out on the full and struggled to take control. Five-eighth Anthony Milford just doesn’t take on enough responsibility and only ran the ball five times."

3/ "The Broncos have unearthed the next Greg Inglis in freakishly talented winger Xavier Coates. “A lot of players get compared to Greg Inglis but Xavier Coates, my god he is a clone,” said NSW Origin coach Brad Fittler after Coates soared over rival winger Tevita Funa to score. Coates is a star on the rise."

4/ "Broncos veteran Darius Boyd took a step towards silencing his critics with an encouraging performance. Boyd scored his first try of the season, was denied a second by The Bunker and contained dangerous Manly centre Moses Suli. The Broncos’ left-edge defence is still a worry and Boyd will have to improve to remain in the team."

5/ "The Broncos would kill to have Daly Cherry-Evans at their club. The Manly halfback took control when the game was on the line and guided his team to victory. Cherry-Evans oozes class and composure, something the Broncos are badly missing."

McHunt
TBF I basically completely agree with all these points, though Coates reminds me more of Folau than Inglis

I agree with you, however for mine, given Paix has to have a rest, I felt Dearden was the better option for the bench. He could have added some spark as hooker. Isaako there was a waste of time and space.
Croft should be at 9 , dearden 7 and paix 14.
If everyone thinks Milford's been stinking it up , Croft hasn't been much better.
I think that's our best option until turpin gets back

If everyone thinks Milford's been stinking it up , Croft hasn't been much better.

As I said earlier somewhere, I'll reserve judgement until the full side is on the paddock and Croft and Milf have time to work on their new combination as our halves pairing. Again, I was encouraged by their performances in Rds 1 and 2. Turps definitely makes a difference at 9.

And our PTB speed is way too slow.

TBF I basically completely agree with all these points, though Coates reminds me more of Folau than Inglis
Reminds me more of a young Mal Meninga. You're talking about his hair, right?
[automerge]1591919356[/automerge]
The difference is we were never expecting Croft to do anything other than feed the ball to Milford for him to do his magic. We're also paying him **** all. I would say Croft is delivering about par with expectations.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • sooticus
  • mrslong
  • mystico
  • Kev_Guz
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.