PRE-GAME [Round 6, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon the injury to riki is pure gamesmanship. I reckon he lines up to play in the BR.

I meannnnn - obviously the picture was probably taken before the injury, but are you really going to post this if he hurt his ankle?

Slide 3:

Also, he wasn't seen "HoBbLiNg OfF aT TrAiNiNg". Tinfoil hat stuff, but maybe the journos are just driving adsense revenue because as soon as the words "Broncos Injury Crisis" are printed our fanbase (and the NRL fanbase at large) flocks. Keen to see how this plays out tomorrow.

That is Selwyn in the pic , not Jordan Riki ??

That is Selwyn in the pic , not Jordan Riki ??
Scroll to slide 3.
IMG 5338

Schuster has been granted an immediate release from Manly - should we chase him as long as Manly put up most of his freight and we can keep him away from Maccas?
He has been released because he didn`t look like getting back into 1sts any time in the near future .
Heard the ABC radio guys say he is a turnstile in NSW Cup .

Personally I am in favour of loading up anyone who suggests we sign Schuster into a cannon and firing them into the sun its that stupid of a suggestion.
I said interesting pick up, but I'd try to do a loan deal. He wants out, we need a back rower for now. Works the best for everyone. If he gets back to his best, Manly can offload him at the end of the season. If not they get him back.
It wasn't even the worst idea in this thread, which is alarming.
Maybe not, but I'll stand by starting both dummy halves in some capacity, especially if the Dolphins are starting Aiken in the second row.

Against top opposition I agree but the dolphins pack sucks just as bad. I back Hetho and Te Kura to pick up the slack, I don’t back any of these other blokes to defend well at second row for 80. I don’t think we have a choice for a full 80 at the minute unless we go scratching for an exemption to play Stuckey or Patston.

Stuckey has had the most non-event three games.

At this rate maybe we should train sarcastaball style to try to avoid injuries.

Maybe not, but I'll stand by starting both dummy halves in some capacity, especially if the Dolphins are starting Aiken in the second row.

Schuster was a shit idea, no denying that. I can't really get my head around Seibold's thought process either, pretty sure he made the call to give him that contract?

Aitken has turned himself into a genuine utility in the NRL, can play centres or second row. Not great at either but as we are finding out ourselves, clubs need someone who can play that sort of a role. I don't think it's any great shock that he's starting there.

I think hethrington needs to go to 2nd row, unless patston can be drafted into the squad breaking nrl rules (we aren't the storm or panthers so I doubt they will).

There's no indication to me at all that hethrington can't do a job there. And it needs to be spelt out to him that it will increase his value in the squad, his days as a middle will be devalued given the emergence of te kura and willison.

There is no way the Broncos would be granted an exemption for the injuries to Rikki and Piakura in the second row.

They are not long term, they have six backs as development players, and they only have 28 players in their 30.

The first thing they'll say is fill your 30.

Schuster was a shit idea, no denying that. I can't really get my head around Seibold's thought process either, pretty sure he made the call to give him that contract?

Aitken has turned himself into a genuine utility in the NRL, can play centres or second row. Not great at either but as we are finding out ourselves, clubs need someone who can play that sort of a role. I don't think it's any great shock that he's starting there.
Yeah no denying Aitken is doing pretty well, and we don't seem to have a great answer to that role. But while we don't have any depth in the second row right now, and our props rotation is where it is, we still have most of our 9's. Which kind of is where my thinking was there starting both. Using who we have in a sense and adapting the 14 role to cover for two hooker sized guys instead of one and using that bench rotation a bit better.

Also with Reynolds out, having that extra playmaking option in Billy loose to take some of the pressure off Madden in the opening 20 minutes seemed a bit clever, even if unconventional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • marw
  • broncotville
  • Foordy
  • Griffo
  • Galah
  • johnyE
  • lynx000
  • Socnorb
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.