Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
20:00

Dolphins

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is out there but honestly I thought Billy did a good job with his kick selections in the second half for the Storm game so probably worth it in my view(keep in mind storm was full strength) and Billy had to move there after a hard stint in the middle, because Billy has clearly worked on his kicking game even as a 9 in the last few years he isn't a bad choice there, and Mam stepped up from I saw playing on the right if we are serious having him as a future 7 this is a good game to let him show it.

1. Sailor/Walsh(depending on Walsh being ready)
2. Arthurs
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner
6. Walters
7. Mam
8. Jensen
9. Mozer
10. Willison
11. Oates
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Hethrington
16. Hunt
17. Te Kura
18. Sailor/Madden(if Walsh is in)
Willison is good enough to start, let's not kid ourselves he isn't a rookie he has been around the squad for over 4 years now he can do the job and has been very impressive this year.

Walters kick selection was honestly as good as it could be in the last game and he has a good boot on him too for distance, probably worth the selection over Madden for me, which brings Mozer in, it makes alot of sense when Te kura is in the team too.

I think Hunt is more solid than Baker for me, Baker might be better at middle but Hunt can cover edge WAY better even if he is still meh there.

18 Has to be Sailor for any game Reyno is out, Madden instead if Walsh doesn't play.

Oates impact in the last 2 games at edge is worthy of a start for me.

Can’t help but feel Mam is just a bit too immature yet for the 7. Seeing him running it on the last and Cobbo getting tackled when defending a small lead against the storm 40m out… Not smart footy.

But it’s an experience thing and I’m just an armchair expert. 🤷🏿‍♂️

This is out there but honestly I thought Billy did a good job with his kick selections in the second half for the Storm game so probably worth it in my view(keep in mind storm was full strength) and Billy had to move there after a hard stint in the middle, because Billy has clearly worked on his kicking game even as a 9 in the last few years he isn't a bad choice there, and Mam stepped up from I saw playing on the right if we are serious having him as a future 7 this is a good game to let him show it.

1. Sailor/Walsh(depending on Walsh being ready)
2. Arthurs
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner
6. Walters
7. Mam
8. Jensen
9. Mozer
10. Willison
11. Oates
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Hethrington
16. Hunt
17. Te Kura
18. Sailor/Madden(if Walsh is in)
Willison is good enough to start, let's not kid ourselves he isn't a rookie he has been around the squad for over 4 years now he can do the job and has been very impressive this year.

Walters kick selection was honestly as good as it could be in the last game and he has a good boot on him too for distance, probably worth the selection over Madden for me, which brings Mozer in, it makes alot of sense when Te kura is in the team too.

I think Hunt is more solid than Baker for me, Baker might be better at middle but Hunt can cover edge WAY better even if he is still meh there.

18 Has to be Sailor for any game Reyno is out, Madden instead if Walsh doesn't play.

I agree that Walters kicking is improving, but I swear to god if he kicks it on the 4th down the fullbacks throat again, I will have kittens.

I agree that Walters kicking is improving, but I swear to god if he kicks it on the 4th down the fullbacks throat again, I will have kittens.
I'd pay to see that happen.

Given the way the thread title is formatted I'm assuming this is our home game, but just want to confirm

Ezra’s kicking looked good enough but what didn’t look good enough was our attack, seemed a lot better once Billy was calling the plays. At least we were running sweeps and not just rucking it up in their 20. Further evidence (as if it were needed) that playing 5/8 and playing halfback are completely different propositions.

It’s going to be Jock Madden though, that’s why he’s in the squad, he’s not Adam Reynolds but not many are.

Given the way the thread title is formatted I'm assuming this is our home game, but just want to confirm

All pre-game thread titles follow the same format with the Broncos listed first.

But yes, this is a Broncos home game.

Sailor 6 Maam 7.

No more Baker.

Id hate to think of making Oates play 50-60 minutes in the second row. His defence just simply wouldn't hold up and if you wanted him to start to play big minutes he would have to get some match fitness in Q Cup for it to work.

Theres two backline/halves options. Option 2 lets us carry an extra regular forward on the bench.

1. Sailor
  2. Arthars
  3. Staggs
  4. Cobbo
  5. Mariner
  6. Mam
  7. Madden
Or

1. Cobbo
  2. Arthars/Mariner
  3. Staggs
  4. Mariner/Arthars
  5. Oates
  6. Mam
  7. Sailor

One of our best attacking plays against the storm was the try Cobbo and Arthars bombed. It was nicely set up by Walters and mam with slick ball movement. Hopefully we see more of it against the dolphins. Should be easy points.

Theres two backline/halves options. Option 2 lets us carry an extra regular forward on the bench.

1. Sailor
  2. Arthars
  3. Staggs
  4. Cobbo
  5. Mariner
  6. Mam
  7. Madden
Or

1. Cobbo
  2. Arthars/Mariner
  3. Staggs
  4. Mariner/Arthars
  5. Oates
  6. Mam
  7. Sailor

Option 1 is by far the better option.

Walsh is also a chance to come back ... And after seeing Walsh in the coaches box last night, Kevvie might need to tie him to the chair to stop him taking the field, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • Organix
  • Justwin
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Gympie devil
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • MrRobot
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.