PRE-GAME [Round 6, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I eat my words, but shit that is a crap team list.

How baker has kept his spot, i have no idea. The bench is tiny, coming against Wallace, Nichols and Kerr I think we will be marched up the field again.

Without reynolds kicking game, and handful of players that actually provide go forward, I think we will not have a lot of territorial advantage.
We generally attack better from our half anyway. Don't need the territory.

Stand out player on the wing was he?
Yeah played well there and in the centres too. Was more of a five-eighth/halfback back then but certainly played well enough and was one of the better prospects coming through.

Plenty of second/third generation talent came through and hardly made an impact, Sailor was obviously a stand-out player.

What team would you go with? Te Kura > Sailor? Taupau > Baker? Anything else?

Walsh, Sailor and Mam could be pretty entertaining to watch.
I'm sure they've got some trick plays up their sleeves.
Our forwards need to really lay the Platform and work the dolphins middles over. We could put 50 on them but if the forwards don't do their job this isn't going to happen.

We generally attack better from our half anyway. Don't need the territory.
It's constantly defending our half and goal-line that I am concerned about. It is a lot weaker than last year.

Melbourne showed everyone it last week.

I think Baker is going to have his best game. I think he’s going to make us all eat humble pie. I think we’re all going to be in here next week saying wow, where did that come from?

I base that on absolutely nothing, but this Fireball whiskey is lovely.

Ps
That tv Ad on ‘Phinland’ is pissing me off. Finishes with the bloke on the roof of suncorp with the slogan ‘this is Phinland’….. Bullshit wankers

Bellamy used Paps off the bench before he was given the fullback role full time. Quite successfully, too.

They had Cam and Brandon was coming on as a lock, but I imagine Patty is going to play 70+ minutes. Point is, it can work if done right. There doesn't need to be an injury in the back line for him to come on.

They aren't the only team that have done it, either.

Yeah played well there and in the centres too. Was more of a five-eighth/halfback back then but certainly played well enough and was one of the better prospects coming through.

Plenty of second/third generation talent came through and hardly made an impact, Sailor was obviously a stand-out player.

What team would you go with? Te Kura > Sailor? Taupau > Baker? Anything else?
I'm dropping Baker for Te Kura and Sailor is going for either bringing in Peirera on the wing and leaving Oates in his 17 role, or Tapau.

Let's be honest here, the only one we REALLY have a problem with is Baker and for good reason. Sailor was always going to be there like it or not.

If you sub out Baker for Te Kura (to the bench and Willison to start), we would all be happy with that.
I'll be interested to see how Sailor goes and in what role he ends up playing... if he can somehow hold his own in the middle then we could have a Kodi style supersub available to the squad again.

Baker being selected is a surprise, but Kevvie is showing that he's going to back him... it's now up to Baker to show him the same amount of faith.

If he doesn't then I think he'll be out, because Haas is due back very soon... it'll be 4 weeks post surgery next week.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see a late change with Te Kura in, but Kevvie usually shows his hand early during training, so we'll know soon enough if that's going to be the case.

I think Baker is going to have his best game. I think he’s going to make us all eat humble pie. I think we’re all going to be in here next week saying wow, where did that come from?

I think some of the criticism he's copped about not tackling Wishart was a touch unfair, I think the effort on Howarth on the play before deserves just as much criticism, that was a lightling quick play the ball.

I think some of the criticism he's copped about not tackling Wishart was a touch unfair, I think the effort on Howarth on the play before deserves just as much criticism, that was a lightling quick play the ball.
I think he hasn't copped enough criticism on it. The only time I've seen it mentioned in any media was Kemp on his podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.