PRE-GAME [Round 6, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
People must be plain stupid if they don't think playing these forwards in such long stints isn't going to have an effect down the track.

Yes if you do it for a prolonged period of time ... I certainly don't think it does by playing these athletes for long stints for a short period of time while the team has been decimated with injury.

I also don't think that averaging 60 - 65 minutes a game in unreasonable for a player on 800k+ a year.

I am so sick of the shit from the media this week around "do we believe that Reynolds is only a hamstring?" Like just because he was upset, how dare someone show emotion and care enough about the team and the result to be upset when they will only be out for a few weeks.

Bunch of fucking scumbags.

Listening to Dr Mathew Johns , he seems to think a hammy strain at the knee area means tendon trouble . Which takes longer to heal than the muscle itself .

Broncos 38 dropouts since start of 23 season.

25 short- 65%
8 regained-32%

Knights have the highest percent with 46 dropouts.
32 short-69%
13 regained-40%
Who is last in the regained percentage?

Would also be interested on how effective receiving teams are at defusing short kick offs... feel like we really struggle when teams kick short to us.

Have we actually defused a short drop out this year??

Yes if you do it for a prolonged period of time ... I certainly don't think playing these athletes for long stints for a short period of time while the team has been decimated with injury.

I also don't think that averaging 60 - 65 minutes a game in unreasonable for a player on 800k+ a year.
Can't see how pay is relevant really. Money doesn't make you immune from burn out. A player on 800k a year isn't going to be any more resistant physically than somebody on 200k.

The 60-65 mins argument is fine when it's in a couple of stints. Carrigan tends to probably play 50-55 mins straight, if not more ( excluding this year where he is being flogged ) and is then playing under fatigue. That's not great for the players welfare.

Alright time for the head to head:

1. Walsh (Broncos) I really rate Hammer and the fact Walsh is likely underdone and injured evens this up a bit, even though they are totally different players
2. Isaako (The) He has always been a gun winger and is a weapon out there for The
3. Staggs (Broncos) Our centres are levels ahead of theirs with Herbie out, we need to make the most of it
4. Cobbo (Broncos) See above but I would really like him to take this game by the horns, he's been showing signs
5. Arthars (Broncos) He was elite last week aside from the dropped try, will be out to make amends
6. Mam (Broncos) He was arguably best on the ground last week
7. Katoa (The) He has levelled up, The have arguably the best 7 prospect in the game in him right now
8. Bromwich (The) I love Jensen and am really awarding this purely based on reputation, Jensen is going fantastically
9. Marshall-King (The) One of the best 9s in the game, he could be a huge point of difference
10. Flegler (The) Goodness me, even Flegs with one arm is 10 times better than the pillow wearing our ten
11. Bromwich (The) Hunt got really found out last week, he needs to just hold his own defensively and focus 100% on that, this is a huge problem area for us right now
12. Riki (Broncos) Well this one is a big question mark. If Riki is out, this goes massively into The's favour, as it will affect both edges and our middle
13. Carrigan (Broncos) Again this one is dependent on what Kevvie does to cover RIki if he is gone but as it stands, this is a massive plus in our favour

14. Smoothy (Broncos) Let's be honest, Milf is just about done and underdone, of course he will probably pull a game out of his butt against us but otherwise, Smoothy is better as a utility
15. Hetherington (Broncos) He is coming into his own again which is great
16. Nicholls (The) He is getting on but brings experience to their bench, a very good player
17. Kerr (The) He has been pretty decent this season to be honest and while I really rate Xman, he is coming back after a week off and doesn't have the runs on the board yet

9-8 Broncos but what happens with Riki and potential ripple effects has massive ramifications for this

Can't see how pay is relevant really.

Oh really?
......why don't you ask Anthony Milford that?
He's been crucified from pillar to post by Bronco's fans because he didn't win us a GF on his miiilliionnn dollar price tag.

1. Walsh (Broncos) I really rate Hammer and the fact Walsh is likely underdone and injured evens this up a bit, even though they are totally different players
2. Isaako (The) He has always been a gun winger and is a weapon out there for The
3. Staggs (Broncos) Our centres are levels ahead of theirs with Herbie out, we need to make the most of it
4. Cobbo (Broncos) See above but I would really like him to take this game by the horns, he's been showing signs
5. Arthars (Broncos) He was elite last week aside from the dropped try, will be out to make amends
7. Katoa (The) He has levelled up, The have arguably the best 7 prospect in the game in him right now
8. Bromwich (The) I love Jensen and am really awarding this purely based on reputation, Jensen is going fantastically
9. Marshall-King (The) One of the best 9s in the game, he could be a huge point of difference
10. Flegler (The) Goodness me, even Flegs with one arm is 10 times better than the pillow wearing our ten
11. Bromwich (The) Hunt got really found out last week, he needs to just hold his own defensively and focus 100% on that, this is a huge problem area for us right now
12. Riki (Broncos) Well this one is a big question mark. If Riki is out, this goes massively into The's favour, as it will affect both edges and our middle
13. Carrigan (Broncos) Again this one is dependent on what Kevvie does to cover RIki if he is gone but as it stands, this is a massive plus in our favour

14. Smoothy (Broncos) Let's be honest, Milf is just about done and underdone, of course he will probably pull a game out of his butt against us but otherwise, Smoothy is better as a utility
16. Nicholls (The) He is getting on but brings experience to their bench, a very good player
17. Kerr (The) He has been pretty decent this season to be honest and while I really rate Xman, he is coming back after a week off and doesn't have the runs on the board yet

9-8 Broncos but what happens with Riki and potential ripple effects has massive ramifications for this
Sounds like we kill them in the backs, and they kill us in the forwards. What's more important 🤔

Oh really?
......why don't you ask Anthony Milford that?
He's been crucified from pillar to post by Bronco's fans because he didn't win us a GF on his miiilliionnn dollar price tag.

In the case we are talking about though i dont think it's relevant. Highly paid players do have an expectation to perform to a very high level, that's why they get paid big money. I don't think it's the same when you are using somebodies salary to justify overplaying them.

I actually think Kodi has performed consistently better than Mam so far this year tbf.

FLEGS OUT!

Settle down wannabe head coach. You’re kidding yourselves if you don’t reckon Patty is burned by playing every fucking minute every game. After all, he’s a human & sadly not a robot.

Like you said, what do I know hey?
Lol all good don't drop your nuts. Just giving you a ribbing!

Broncos 38 dropouts since start of 23 season.

25 short- 65%
8 regained-32%
I would also like to know of the 17 short dropouts that we didn't regain how many of those did we concede points in that next set of 6 tackles?
I have a feeling short drop outs are a low percentage play and we should ditch them unless we are behind on the scoreboard with time running out.

Got run over for 1 try .
Let the same guy run in a try past him and took nobody = best on ground ??
WTF ???

I really don't see why we had to offload Capewell a year early.
You know I thought the same but if it was anyone but the Warriors I would say we keep him. Let's not forget the gift the Warriors gave us last year (reece walsh). But totally agree, he would be handy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Rowdy124
  • JamesC
  • Galah
  • NSW stables
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.