PRE-GAME [Round 7, 2024] Broncos vs Raiders

Interesting Karapani has made his way to the extended bench. I wonder if he'll be the next (there's Pereira but he's just that step below what's required at NRL level, though he absolutely busts his arse no question).

So no Haas or Mariner even in reserves, so I guess they are still at least a week away.

The Raiders are a strong team, this is a really good test for us. If we can beat them with this bits and pieces side, I will believe in us again this season fully with the weaponry we have to return.

I'd also be playing Te Kura in this one instead of Sailor.

Interesting Karapani has made his way to the extended bench. I wonder if he'll be the next (there's Pereira but he's just that step below what's required at NRL level, though he absolutely busts his arse no question).
IIRC he was there last week.

Yep not against it, just not keen on it being Sailor while we are still so patchwork. Unfortunately, with Oates needed to start, not sure who else it could be.
If part of the goal is to see whether Sailor can replace Madden, then it makes sense. I'd rather he figured that out at training, though and started Sailor there. Do or die.

Karapani has more versatility tbf makes more sense if they aren't expecting an injury specifically on the wing.

I definitely trust Kevvie with managing the team, and his decision making.

I just hope it's horses for courses, and not, we lost backs in one game and now I'll always carry a back.

I think again the bigger packs, and while we are running out with Fletchet Baker as a starting prop, we need the muscle on the bench. He will be gassed after 12 minutes against the Raiders.

Corey Jensen is coming into his own, I really do hope to see an up tick is Bakers performances.

If part of the goal is to see whether Sailor can replace Madden, then it makes sense. I'd rather he figured that out at training, though and started Sailor there. Do or die.
Sailor is cool as a fullback, but I'm a bit suss on him playing anywhere else. We lost a lot when he came on for Mam last week, and he's defence in the line has been pretty bad - try last week, and he did something similar earlier in the year which led to a try (maybe it was the trials).

I dont think he's that super sub cover we are looking for (I.e. what Oates was brought on the bench for).

Oates came in off his wing nearly every defensive set last week. I’m sure the raiders will target this. The dolphins weren’t good enough to exploit it.

I can’t believe we have to see Oates on the wing again…. They’re going to eat him alive lol Unless he dramatically improves miraculously within a week.. I’m going to try and be positive 😂

Sailor is cool as a fullback, but I'm a bit suss on him playing anywhere else. We lost a lot when he came on for Mam last week, and he's defence in the line has been pretty bad - try last week, and he did something similar earlier in the year which led to a try (maybe it was the trials).

I dont think he's that super sub cover we are looking for (I.e. what Oates was brought on the bench for).
Mariner should be back next week. Which should also mean Oates is back on the bench, with Sailor either back in Cup or replacing Madden. Let's see what happens this weekend before completely writing him off.

The thing I'm worried about with Oates isn't the high ball, it's the kicks behind him with his turning circle and speed off the mark.
It was a bad catching night last week but generally it's a strength of his and I expect it to be better this week. Fogartys kicking game worries me though.
I might feel different if we lose but I am kind of glad we aren't risking any of our injury returns against this grub of a team. Worst in the comp, and considering they are competing against the panfers and roosters competing for that title that's a hell of a lot of grubbiness.

The thing I'm worried about with Oates isn't the high ball, it's the kicks behind him with his turning circle and speed off the mark.
It was a bad catching night last week but generally it's a strength of his and I expect it to be better this week. Fogartys kicking game worries me though.
I might feel different if we lose but I am kind of glad we aren't risking any of our injury returns against this grub of a team. Worst in the comp, and considering they are competing against the panfers and roosters competing for that title that's a hell of a lot of grubbiness.
Yea, Walsh will need to do double time to back him up. Although Oates is experienced enough to hopefully anticipate some of those moves.

Unread

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • broncos4life
  • BooKhaki
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • Pablo
  • lynx000
  • Thelmus
  • Foordy
  • mieko
  • Porthoz
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.