PRE-GAME [Round 7, 2024] Broncos vs Raiders

This is Kevvies mojo - never changes a winning team unless forced to.

Having said that - I dont like the bench.

Also, we shall have to be on the lookout for this play, can't believe Canberra have brought this old chestnut back again?

ADKq_Nac650t89LV1lIO4BW3hQqUJPKHYaM_RfColNpr2aw0yU0KrYVEpjCFVvHXolYgPz5YIohoYB4PCeBaGV01H0kdGvdHp3nlrviFr1lI81QaHUMvdJJi-PVzB0AmmbeQCMSEzRpT8LimnmHR8vssmtAYZVmiFkMnVCCx_FnhKGRXel9q4opfKMUPLPylCN1qZygoVG-5RkBlDlLH2hGDbfHQvWoFPJAs6ZeR_s997ZFlDN3YhceQlfvVMfzp9m9Xg3Z5SPk=s0-d-e1-ft

I wonder if kevvy was or is tempted to swap Oates and Sailor to start the game at least. Subtle change but gives the team a completely different feel. Technically the same but would create a much stronger final 20 mins in a tired pack if no injury, and smoother injury swap for more positions. Would also alleviate any kick pressure issues with sailor definetly fast enough and good in the air.

Surely there are changes to this team. Not confident with it at all. From Corey’s lack of speed against a fast raiders backline, to Baker again being selected despite being average as ****.

Sailor is a total waste on the bench.

I actually don't hate the Sailor decision on the bench. I think we have evolved our game in the absence of big and robust middles, we are missing two of our starters and really aren't matching it in the middle on a weekly basis. Our backline don't seem to need time or space to create opportunities so as long as our middle is competitive these smaller blokes are going to wreak havoc the longer the game goes. Sailor is really a super sub. He can play so many positions, specifically if we lose a forward or BRer. Oates can shift into the forwards and Sailor play on the wing. He can also cover halves and FB. If we lose a centre he we can move Arthars from the wing.

Plus, Kevy has learned his lesson after changing a winning squad in 2022- Giving Mariner a few games for Brenko Lee. Got crucified!

I actually don't hate the Sailor decision on the bench. I think we have evolved our game in the absence of big and robust middles, we are missing two of our starters and really aren't matching it in the middle on a weekly basis. Our backline don't seem to need time or space to create opportunities so as long as our middle is competitive these smaller blokes are going to wreak havoc the longer the game goes. Sailor is really a super sub. He can play so many positions, specifically if we lose a forward or BRer. Oates can shift into the forwards and Sailor play on the wing. He can also cover halves and FB. If we lose a centre he we can move Arthars from the wing.

Plus, Kevy has learned his lesson after changing a winning squad in 2022- Giving Mariner a few games for Brenko Lee. Got crucified!
He can’t really play that many of them that well. If we had Piakura I’d be playing the extra prop over Sailor. Back him anywhere in the defensive line over Sailor anyday of the week. I’m not super critical of it on a short term basis but there needs to be e genuine plan around it. For example 60-65th minute Corey goes to second row and Tristan wing. I think it made way more sense to play Pereira RW, Arthars LW and Oates 17.

He'll be ok. Should be fitter from the last game. He just needs to focus on his catches. He had some good runs.
This is the game we really need Oatesys runs, Fogarty has a good kicking game, the Raiders have a big aggressive pack, we are playing with only one front rower at times.
Oates will run close to 200m this game.

He can’t really play that many of them that well. If we had Piakura I’d be playing the extra prop over Sailor. Back him anywhere in the defensive line over Sailor anyday of the week. I’m not super critical of it on a short term basis but there needs to be e genuine plan around it. For example 60-65th minute Corey goes to second row and Tristan wing. I think it made way more sense to play Pereira RW, Arthars LW and Oates 17.
He can play through the middle as well. Specifically if we use one interchange on the hookers he will be on the field with two middles. With how teams defend these days hes a perfect non dominant defender, wrap the legs and can quickly organise from second marker. The perfect counter to robust darters from dummy half like starling and levi. In attack, the raiders forwards are big, slow and open to exploit.

The new system they have to redeem tickets on your membership is shit.

I dont get why we’d rush some of these blokes back. Let them heal so they’re right for later in the season.
I agree - Canberra are more likely than any to be over the top physical / intend to injure out of all the opposition. Happy for troops to return when 100%.

That's basically what we have. Except Oates is starting. Sailor can take the wing if Oates moves into a forward role.

I can understand why Oates has the pecking order over Sailor on the wing, even though it seems an arse about way to do it.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • MrMoore
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.