PRE-GAME [Round 7, 2024] Broncos vs Raiders

Anyone been to the Lord Alfred? My mates mentioned meeting there for pre match drinks…. A quick look at their website though, has a picture of a Redcliffe player….. hmmmmm

Yes it is what do you expect with me I know where everything is in Toowoomba

Anyone been to the Lord Alfred? My mates mentioned meeting there for pre match drinks…. A quick look at their website though, has a picture of a Redcliffe player….. hmmmmm
Isn’t this usually the unofficial away team watering hole? Although the Caxton usually gets a lot from both teams.

I recall someone from the Riff saying before they won a GF they were often allowing opposition players to get away with cheap grubby shots for the sake of keeping discipline. Then they spoke about it as a team and decided no one gets away with any cheap grabby shit no matter what stage of the game or what the score is. They reckon this attitude of taking no shit and really keeping each other's back safe was the difference between making them a good team into a great team.

We need to adopt the same attitude especially with the gutless dog tactics of the Raiders. As I said earlier in the week, the first sign of anything grubby the whole team needs to put on a stink and ensure they know that it's our home ground and we won't stand for it. Our boys need to make the bunker and the ref take action, otherwise you get shit like Milf last week who never even got penalised!
I thought about this a couple of days ago. We play the game hard, but as gentleman.

The Storm, Raiders, Penrith are really grubby in the play of the ball area.

Always a facial, a forearm, raking the ball, or trying to rip at the arm carrying the ball.

Harry Grant pulling Carrigans ponytail, Munster's facials, or Luia's antics.

It's tempting to replicate, but the way we play the game makes me prouder. I'd rather a gallant defeat than a grubby win. I'm ok with being old school.

Please post what a pint or pot costs. Drinking out has become ridiculously expensive these days. I was charged $25 for 2 schooners.

Currently in Brisbane i am thinking about going for a walk before the game

Please post what a pint or pot costs. Drinking out has become ridiculously expensive these days. I was charged $25 for 2 schooners.
Costs me 16 bucks for a pint of hard solo near my work. Maybe a dollar cheaper elsewhere if that. Ginger beer similar.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Bronx48
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Bish
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • lynx000
  • Kev_Guz
  • Jedhead
  • Broncosgirl
  • vertigo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Loch Ness Monster
... and 75 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.