PRE-GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Sharks

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I agree and I'm stumped to why we have been so bad , most teams concentrate on their defensive patterns at the start of the season.
South Sydney weren't this bad were they?
I didn't really rate Souths defence last year, but I think they finished 4th or 5th. They were no where near east or Melbourne though who I think are the only benchmarks in the league.

Their defence was probably still set up from Madge's time in charge. I would like to see a dedicated defensive coach on Seibold's staff. I think Ben Cross is there but I think he is the wrestling coach?? He has got his work cutout if so because we've never put serious time into wrestling from what they look like on the field

Macca has no line breaks no line break assists and no try assists this year.

Macca has no line breaks no line break assists and no try assists this year.

He’s had 1000 tackles though and played every minute. That’s enough isn’t it?

I remember the last time someone got talked up to take on Jimmy, it was Gela-Mosby who got torched by the Jet. Xerri is something else though.

I've never been a fan of sweeping changes and I'm still not no matter how we're going, but I do think we need to pull the pin on Boyd at fullback. I don't believe he'll be dropped completely unless there's more to that injury he "carried into the game" today (cheers for that btw Darius). At this point a simple swap of him and Bird would seemingly be least disruptive to the team, while still giving us a different dimension at the back.

1. Bird
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Roberts
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Pangai Jr.

14. Staggs
15. Fifita
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan/Ofahengaue

I believe this team could get us the win next week. If Boyd is out, Staggs straight into centre and the bench could be Fifita/Flegler/Carrigan/Ofahengaue.

1 . Boyd
2. Oates
3. Fifita
4. Jet
5. Isaako
6. Milf
7. McCullough
8. Lodge
9. Nikorima
10. Haas
11. Glen
12. Gillett
13. Bird

Staff Ofahengaue Fledger Tpj

Thought when we got Seibold he might try a few things but he’s just as stubborn as Wayne but doesn’t do stubborn as good . Don’t think the players believe in him

1 . Boyd
2. Oates
3. Fifita
4. Jet
5. Isaako
6. Milf
7. McCullough
8. Lodge
9. Nikorima
10. Haas
11. Glen
12. Gillett
13. Bird

Thought when we got Seibold he might try a few things but he’s just as stubborn as Wayne but doesn’t do stubborn as good . Don’t think the players believe in him

What’s your reason for putting Fifita in the centres?

1 . Boyd
2. Oates
3. Fifita
4. Jet
5. Isaako
6. Milf
7. McCullough
8. Lodge
9. Nikorima
10. Haas
11. Glen
12. Gillett
13. Bird

Why do you fancy Bird in the middle , he is struggling to tackle anyone who has a slight step or a fend.

He’s had 1000 tackles though and played every minute. That’s enough isn’t it?

Not when we are getting judged very much for our defence so no that’s definitely not enough. It’s our own fault for having him play every minute it’s not necessary.

Not when we are getting judged very much for our defence so no that’s definitely not enough. It’s our own fault for having him play every minute it’s not necessary.
Yep, 80 mins was a bit much for him. He did great for a kid playing his 4th game but there were times when he was absolutely exhausted out there. I'd rather he play 50-60 mins keeping him fresh to incorporate his ball playing skills and that step that we all know that he has. Obviously, he has been instructed to hold onto the ball and carry it forward. That will change in time.

Last edited:
Yep, 80 mins was a bit much for him. He did great for a kid playing his 4th game but there were times when he was absolutely exhausted out there. I'd rather he play 50-60 mins keeping him fresh to incorporate his ball playing skills and that step that we all know that he has. Obviously, he has been instructed to hold onto the ball and carry it forward. That will change in time.

I think they were talking about Macca.

I think they were talking about Macca.
Whoops, that'll teach me for not reading far enough back on the thread. Macca does need a breather for some impact type player for 20 mins but unfortunately that sort of player doesn't exist at the club.

Whoops, that'll teach me for not reading far enough back on the thread. Macca does need a breather for some impact type player for 20 mins but unfortunately that sort of player doesn't exist at the club.

Well, it's Kodi. But the club has dug a hole with that one.

Well, it's Kodi. But the club has dug a hole with that one.
Yep, no other half back options either. We need to be patient with him, he is still only 23, he is gradually becoming a better player. I have been his biggest critic but I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel for him.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • Scorchie
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • LittleDavey
  • azza.79
  • BruiserMk1
  • Harry Sack
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncorob
  • Galah
  • pennywisealfie
  • Financeguy
  • Browny
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.