PRE-GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Storm

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

We all remember what happened last time Kodi was a utility against storm at Suncorp.... well I don't because I drank until that night disappeared from memory.

Although if a winger goes down this time we have Sua and Bird who can shift to the centres and Opa and Jet to the wing.... sooo hopefully no Vuni vs gnome this time round

I can only call k-Nik, k-nome now. Thanks.

We're back to standard fare on NRL360 - more Lodge, more Broncos arrogance.

We could maybe turn this into a positive.

If the Broncs pay out the $1.6 m compensation in the form of a loan or some other way so as not to have it included in the cap then sign Lodge up to a long term contract at a lessor amount than he could get at other clubs it's a win win win.
Lodge is free to play, we get a good prop at a discount under our cap and a big get fucked to Kunt and co as well as the back flipping NRL .

Listening to the bleating would be magnificent.

We could maybe turn this into a positive.

If the Broncs pay out the $1.6 m compensation in the form of a loan or some other way so as not to have it included in the cap then sign Lodge up to a long term contract at a lessor amount than he could get at other clubs it's a win win win.
Lodge is free to play, we get a good prop at a discount under our cap and a big get fucked to Kunt and co as well as the back flipping NRL .

Listening to the bleating would be magnificent.
Why would the Broncos hand out a loan to a guy that has played six games for the club? How would he ever pay it back? By delivering phone books on the side? The club isn't stupid enough to hand out that sort of loot to some prop with a shady past who may or may not have a future in the organization.

Why would the Broncos hand out a loan to a guy that has played six games for the club? How would he ever pay it back? By delivering phone books on the side? The club isn't stupid enough to hand out that sort of loot to some prop with a shady past who may or may not have a future in the organization.

That would depend how much we want to keep him.
If he is valued at 600k and we can get him for 300k under our cap and the other 300k goes off the loan then all good.
Obviously I'm simplifying things but you get the idea

That would depend how much we want to keep him.
If he is valued at 600k and we can get him for 300k under our cap and the other 300k goes off the loan then all good.
Obviously I'm simplifying things but you get the idea
I don't think he is worth all the hassle. He has been playing well but that isn't reason enough to try to solve all his problems for him. He got himself in the shit and he'll need a big shovel to get himself out. If that means being de-registered, then so be it. We are all accountable for our own actions and Matt Lodge is no different. If I fucked up in the fashion that he did, I certainly wouldn't expect my employer to make things right even if I was a star employee. Many tough times ahead for him and so there should be.

I don't think he is worth all the hassle. He has been playing well but that isn't reason enough to try to solve all his problems for him. He got himself in the shit and he'll need a big shovel to get himself out. If that means being de-registered, then so be it. We are all accountable for our own actions and Matt Lodge is no different. If I fucked up in the fashion that he did, I certainly wouldn't expect my employer to make things right even if I was a star employee. Many tough times ahead for him and so there should be.

Think you're missing the point mate... It's not about putting Lodge in a better position or solving his problems, its about the Broncos keeping a talented young front rower on the playing roster at a potentially reduced rate under the salary cap.

$300k to Lodge under Salary Cap, $300k to Victims (Assuming it falls outside the cap) is much better than $500k-$600k under the cap. Might be the only way we are able to keep him from cashed up Sydney clubs too

Think you're missing the point mate... It's not about putting Lodge in a better position or solving his problems, its about the Broncos keeping a talented young front rower on the playing roster at a potentially reduced rate under the salary cap.

$300k to Lodge under Salary Cap, $300k to Victims (Assuming it falls outside the cap) is much better than $500k-$600k under the cap. Might be the only way we are able to keep him from cashed up Sydney clubs too
Essentially that's what the NRL are suggesting. They say they won't register a contract unless the player has entered into an agreement/arrangement to pay the 'victims'. So any contract would likely have a component of the money paid out. It would be the same for any club I imagine.

Essentially that's what the NRL are suggesting. They say they won't register a contract unless the player has entered into an agreement/arrangement to pay the 'victims'. So any contract would likely have a component of the money paid out. It would be the same for any club I imagine.

Agreed... But as one of the largest and most successful RL clubs, the capacity for the Broncos to make this happen from a financial perspective is much higher than some other clubs.

Lodge should just do what I do when I get a ticket in the mail, pay them back $10 a week. He would technically be paying them back

Lodge should just do what I do when I get a ticket in the mail, pay them back $10 a week. He would technically be paying them back

Pretty much. $500 a year for 60 years. A lot closer to a fair figure than 1.6 million!

Did it occur in Commiefornia? 1.6 mil is like a week's rent there.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Painin the Haas
  • Mr Fourex
  • Financeguy
  • TimWhatley
  • lynx000
  • maddo
  • jd87
  • Dash
  • Fatboy
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • eggstar10
  • Wolfie
  • mitch222
  • Culhwch
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.