Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Soccer sucks. It's only popular because everyone can play it at some level. The fans sing for 95% of the game to entertain themselves and have very little to get excited about for the majority of the game. Terrible sport, their fans are weirdos and the players are pretentious dorks. **** soccer.

And yet still preferable to AFL.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I tend to agree with you on the point where you say the players are all pretentious dorks. Back in the day it was a game for hard men, but it was slowly but surely rubbed out. Much like what is happening in at the moment in league.

We're already seeing players fake injury and laying down for very little reason other than to gain a penalty.

Some players are a bit up themselves, but we get those in the NRL ( and other sports ) as well tbf. The majority seem like decent enough players to me when you look at the amount of players just in the English game for example. When you look at how many professional players there are in the game all over the world you are going to get the odd idiot.

Certain aspects of the game have made it worse. The lack of tackling, these days, and dont get me started on the shit show thats VAR.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Man Kev has such a weird nervous energy.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I can’t see a win.

We’re still too vulnerable. They are playing with a lot of confidence.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Either my beloved Broncos are going to dominate or my over-inflated Sharks infested SVRL team is going back to the top of the ladder.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
not expecting a win but I could see one. Reynolds needs to force them to play boring footy, the forwards need to back him up.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Nice wankfest that was channel 9

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I'm not too concerned about Wade Graham. Almost a full year out of footy, he'll be rusty

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Do our blokes really have to wear a fucking suit before the fucking game? Must be fucking annoying.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
FRa6lsDVgAEyVQw

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
"The Broncos have never had a lock that ball plays" Yeah except for Wally Lewis, Terry Matterson, Corey Parker....

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
That was interesting hearing Oates say he’s up for a few cut out passes straight to him bypassing Herbie.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
As a nipper my uncle took me to the 1973 Scottish cup final. Rangers v Celtic. The crowd offical figure was 122,700. There was a riot where police rode in on horses to separate the fans. absolute pandemonium.
i went to a Botafogo v Flamengo in brazil (local arch rivals apparently) those fuckers are crazy, riots, bon fires from the timber seating ripped up , security with Ak's the whole lot.
great game to Botafogo down 5-1 in the first half and came back to win 5-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.