Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
317E2C2B 9108 4D13 95C5 121A7C0E3FD4

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Best defensive effort I've seen in four years. Totally nullified the likes of Hynes, Taliki and Kennedy. A bit more of this could result in a playoff spot. Haas's shoulder is a real concern though.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Very happy with the entire 17 except Herbie and Gamble

Fantastic win, this is probably the best we've played in a good few years, we were in control the whole game, actually scored smart trys, defended great.

Credit to Walters, if it isn't just a flash in the pan performance and we can improve on that, I'll be thrilled.
Although his passing is a bit of a meme Herbie made some massive plays for us in this game out of defence, Gamble was shaky but better then last week and showed some of what he was doing last year, he needs to improve though but I would still keep the side as is.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Easy win in the end. They had nothing, but what we had to do in defence we did well. Staggs and Arey the 2 standouts for me, but i think Cobbo is flying under the radar a little. His defence the last couple of weeks has been outstanding.
Cobbo has been great at staying on his wing and trusting the inside men to make the tackle.

A couple times tonight Kennedy or Hynes went the run because the outside defence weren't biting and coming in early

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Although his passing is a bit of a meme Herbie made some massive plays for us in this game out of defence, Gamble was shaky but better then last week and showed some of what he was doing last year, he needs to improve though but I would still keep the side as is.
I would too, I can't bag out Gamble much because I love his effort and as much as I don't rate him, I think he pumps the team up which makes him more valuable than he otherwise would be.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Herbie’s passing was inexcusable tonight though. Oatsey must have Amber Hearned in his locker or something

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Cobbo has been great at staying on his wing and trusting the inside men to make the tackle.

A couple times tonight Kennedy or Hynes went the run because the outside defence weren't biting and coming in early

Probably not a coincidence Arey is on that side of the field. I always knew he was a good player, but he is better than i thought tbh. He defence is good, and like i said earlier, he's just like Locky in a lot of ways. Has that calming influence and just gets everyone organised. I think the last 3 weeks he's been our most important player and our best player. He's not only brilliant in his own right, he's making everyone else better.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Great effort in defense and great effort from our back 5 too, probably left a few tries out there with not passing to support

Talakai was out of his depth

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
That was simply incredible, that defence was incredible.

For so long out of the game TMM is very impressive. He is in the spine until further notice as far as I am concerned.

For mine that was a big statement about Kevvie’s coaching both in terms of the boys playing for him and the tactics/game plan. They just showed how to dismantle the Sharks.

Maybe we can stop hearing about Talakai now? He is not a centre unless he can play against skinny Ron Jeremy every week. Staggs is so much better than him it isn’t funny and it is insulting that they were even compared all week.

Nicho Hynes is so over-rated and Reynolds showed why you buy him and not Hynes. **** everyone in the media with your bullshit about a bungled signing, you are all absolute shit stains.

Up the fucking Broncos!!!

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
As bad as Gamble was his hands where all over our tries.
He made some good passes but do the several errors he made make up for that? His kicks were god awful. Dropped ball also threw some shocking passes and failed to get into dummy half after Oates made the break because he was too busy yelling at the players around him. That was a shocker of a game, saved only by a few decent pass on to individual brilliance to score.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Santa
  • Behold
  • Bucking Beads
  • Scdeac
  • Harry Sack
  • MrMoore
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.