PRE-GAME [Round 8, 2024] Broncos vs Wests Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely fear for our capability to retain Mozer if he doesn't start getting a strong sniff this year. Other clubs are throwing 19 year olds out there on the regular these days and a club is going to come knocking with a top 17 spot for him if we're not careful. Next year is the final year of his current deal.
Not this again...

Earn it or go make some easy money down the coast for a contract or 2 while your value decreases playing for a bottom feeder team. If they aren't willing to earn it they aren't the type of player you want at our club, full stop. Culture and work ethic far outweigh talent, surely 2020 showed us all this...

Whether people like it or not billy walters was a puzzle piece in the grand final run, would we have won the gf with a 20 year old rookie who is obviously still finding his feet in qld cup? So if he's not going to improve us, why have him in the team?

Mozer has a clear pathway at the Broncos... 30yr old Billy and 25yr old Smoothy with sub 50 games arent being setup as the next decade of hooking at the Broncos.

If Mozer's name is popping up then it's his manager because he wants to talk contract extensions.... Mozer if off contract end of next year, which means Nov 1 is in play.

Broncos will be wanting to extend him before then... it all just sounds like typical player manager vs R&R shenanigans

I genuinely fear for our capability to retain Mozer if he doesn't start getting a strong sniff this year. Other clubs are throwing 19 year olds out there on the regular these days and a club is going to come knocking with a top 17 spot for him if we're not careful. Next year is the final year of his current deal.
Grand finalists don't go pecking at the hands of 19 year olds. He does his time, learns his craft and comes in when he's ready. If not he ***** off to the titans and the broncos unveil the next best thing.

The other thing.. he plays in the middle, he's going to take some time before he's ready to mix it with the big rigs week In week out.

Hooker Billy Walters is set to play despite battling an ankle injury he suffered at training.

Piakura / Walters / Riki all injured ankles at training .
If there a pattern here ?
I didn't even know Billy was capable of an injury, it's the first time I recall him ever having one since he joined us.

Not this again...

Earn it or go make some easy money down the coast for a contract or 2 while your value decreases playing for a bottom feeder team. If they aren't willing to earn it they aren't the type of player you want at our club, full stop. Culture and work ethic far outweigh talent, surely 2020 showed us all this...

Whether people like it or not billy walters was a puzzle piece in the grand final run, would we have won the gf with a 20 year old rookie who is obviously still finding his feet in qld cup? So if he's not going to improve us, why have him in the team?
Who is Reece Walsh for $200.

Who is Reece Walsh for $200.

literally the worst example possible.

we didn't throw Walsh into the side just to keep him. and he had a far easier path to the NRL than Mozer does.

you really have to think if you'd rather us be a team like the Panthers or a team like the Titans or the Tigers of the last decade. if you think we should be a team like the later, then we should bring Mozer in immediately, regardless of if he is the best option at the time. a team like the former never considers bringing a young player into the side because they fear losing them.

Our 2020 team is a direct result of doing exactly as you propose. that didn't turn out too well for us.

Jeez we fight over such random and mundane things on here sometimes.

I guess all this winning has made the forums a little boring, so we have to find something to argue about ;)
It's got me missing @Huge . Loved a good argument and would never give an inch.

The forum is smelling blood, Tiger blood. So a few are itching for it, good to see haha.

literally the worst example possible.

we didn't throw Walsh into the side just to keep him. and he had a far easier path to the NRL than Mozer does.

you really have to think if you'd rather us be a team like the Panthers or a team like the Titans or the Tigers of the last decade. if you think we should be a team like the later, then we should bring Mozer in immediately, regardless of if he is the best option at the time. a team like the former never considers bringing a young player into the side because they fear losing them.

Our 2020 team is a direct result of doing exactly as you propose. that didn't turn out too well for us.
Remind me what I proposed?

He should be given a sniff. Players will leave (Reece) if teams need quality youth coming through and there are very few great hookers right now. We just got insanely lucky Reece's personal situation caused him to fall back into our lap.

Should we push players out to make way for him? No. Billy has a busted ankle, rather than playing at 75%, why not have Smoothy take the reins with the kid on the bench. Seems like a good way to reward him and show him he's close, no?

It's got me missing @Huge . Loved a good argument and would never give an inch.

The forum is smelling blood, Tiger blood. So a few are itching for it, good to see haha.
Still lurking. I like spirited debate but I would like to think the numerous times I've admitted I got something wrong would be remembered. Hope you're well and happy.

Still lurking. I like spirited debate but I would like to think the numerous times I've admitted I got something wrong would be remembered. Hope you're well and happy.
Huge please tell me who is your next Kennedy?
Since that boy has left relevancy and all, you surely have a new one(not trying to rag on you or anything but know you love to pick and stick on a player is all).

Don't want to suggest a talented youngster like Willison who would actually be good long term but yes.

Remind me what I proposed?

He should be given a sniff. Players will leave (Reece) if teams need quality youth coming through and there are very few great hookers right now. We just got insanely lucky Reece's personal situation caused him to fall back into our lap.

Should we push players out to make way for him? No. Billy has a busted ankle, rather than playing at 75%, why not have Smoothy take the reins with the kid on the bench. Seems like a good way to reward him and show him he's close, no?

Why do I need to remind you when you just proposed it again.

But since you've asked you're proposing dropping someone who.is fit to play for a player who we is not currently in our best 17, because you're afraid he might sign elsewhere.

That's not how the best teams operate.

Fcked if I know ?
Google is your friend buddy . LOL .
Thinking that you know more about the players and their readiness to play and the combinations and strategies than the coach is deluded .

eg Did you know Ezra and Selwyn weren`t playing this week ?

Maybe 1910 can slip you Kev`s email addy or you could pop in at training on Tuesday mornings and give Kevvie the word on the team list for the weekends ?
I need to remember when dealing with you, that you are straight from a Facebook comments section.

How do injured players have anything to do with it. Just sit an think about what is being discussed before speed typing a response.

Well from a wooden spoon to 14th, 9th and runners up of the competition.. I'd call that a success. Probably every team in the comp would too barring penrith. Find a team that's improved more than ours over a three year period.

Not much between the ears bookhaki. Pretty poor point you raise really.

Winnings comps is a success. Where did I say Brisbane haven't improved? Plenty of clubs go from the bottom of the table to competing, and then back down the bottom.

Rip Terry Hill before I mention this. Champion player and person by all accounts.... but the broncos better be ready, I think benji will have them up for this at campbelltown for Terry Hill, its their old Boys day as well supposedly.

Rip Terry Hill before I mention this. Champion player and person by all accounts.... but the broncos better be ready, I think benji will have them up for this at campbelltown for Terry Hill, its their old Boys day as well supposedly.
That has got my alarm bells ringing. Hope our boys are well aware of this. As it will be fully determined Tiges that will turn up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Manlyman
  • Browny
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • lynx000
  • Justwin
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • The Don
  • kiwi2
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • Waynesaurus
  • Volvo Driver
  • Dash
  • sooticus
  • bert_lifts
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.