PRE-GAME [Round 8, 2024] Broncos vs Wests Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let you in a secret ?
I type with one finger .

Just sit and think before speed typing a response ?
I`ll file that along with your team selection suggestions . LOL .

That’s not a secret.

Maybe not Cup games, but I think players like Cleary and Luai played a season or 2 in the under 20's comp at the time. I am hoping Mozer is as good as everyone here thinks he is, but he can wait another 12-18 months, instead of us forcibly ruining a good thing because we're scared of losing him. A lot of examples of teams changing what works for potential and it all ending horribly (us included).

If we really want him to get some experience, we should loan him to someone for a season (works well for players like Arthars and Grant).
A lot of them also debuted between 2014-18 too. They then when onto about 5 years of finishing between 6-12th from memory.

Titans v Warriors should be a reminder that the Broncs shouldn’t take the Tigers lightly tomorrow. No complacency please!
I agree but wahs have been extremely below avg this year. They've looked awful in a few games now. Our losses have been pretty much down due to injuries not poor performances.

edit: Actually only bad game from us this year was the mickey mouse match in Vegas on the non-regulation sized field. Doesn't really count imo.

100% but wahs have been extremely below avg this year. Our losses have been pretty much down due to injuries not poor performances.

edit: Actually only bad game from us this year is the mickey mouse match in vegas on the non-regulation field.
Vegas game also included an injury to our left edge in within the first 5 minutes and we were in the game until the final 10 minutes (just after racism)

Yeah, just like last year there's not been a game (yet) that we haven't had a chance to win. Souths was the only game last year where we got proper torched, and 2 of our losses this year have been to top tier teams with crucial injuries early.

If we don't take them lightly, we win this by plenty. Steamroll the forwards and the points will come. I want to see us play the power game through the middle before trying to go around them this week.

So, a few games this week with 50+ points scored by the winner.

Is it one of those weeks? Is there any real reaosn why we cant do the same and lay the smackdown on?

I mean, Arey should be looking to torture this Union debutant Solomon Alaimalo with torps and grubber kicks behind him..

As long as we have no other key injuries after this game it's fine.

they’ll be training on Monday so that’ll be the test to see how they’re going. No need to stress

It kind of partly played in the off season but sadly Paix doesn’t want to move. He intends to fight his way into the 17.
I don't find fault with the guy’s intention but i hope he realizes it very soon that the chances of him making the 17 regularly with us are very slim.
Don't reckon his cup form this year thus far warrants automatic selection in iur 17.
I would say, it’s a rushed up signing from our coaching & R&R teams. His current extension doesnt make any sense given we’ve Mozer who we see as our future @9.

Tye other fact is that no other team would lke to punt on him(yet).
I think we signed Paix at a highpoint where bulldogs might have been after him and before it was clear he was 4th choice. In hindsight not great. He will be on our list until his contract ends.

Typed in wrong thread. Will repost there

Yeah, just like last year there's not been a game (yet) that we haven't had a chance to win. Souths was the only game last year where we got proper torched, and 2 of our losses this year have been to top tier teams with crucial injuries early.

If we don't take them lightly, we win this by plenty. Steamroll the forwards and the points will come. I want to see us play the power game through the middle before trying to go around them this week.
50+ this game. If we control possesion. We can score every set of 6. zjust need to not make errors

50+ this game. If we control possesion. We can score every set of 6. zjust need to not make errors
With cobbo and mam it’s 50+. Without them it’s 30-0

With cobbo and mam it’s 50+. Without them it’s 30-0
Mariner and Arthars will compensate and have a day out onbtge edges
Our back five will all score. Tiges best player is Api and he cannot stop our edges. Starve them of possesion and this only ends one way. We know ref will try to kerp it competitive though

The last 2 games, Redcliffe and Raiders, we could have put 50 on them both. We’ve left a lot of points out there and not particularly difficult ones either.

If we can continue improving from our sloppy start then this is a game to show it.

50 up for the Broncos

Interesting that Kevvie said Payne could probably have played last week. It is good because it shows we are being conservative with out injured players and also means Reyno probably has been treated carefully too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Bish
  • Pablo
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.