Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

How good was TPJ!!!! If that was an audition for lock forward, he LOCKED it down for me.

Oates was immense once again too. Other than one dropped bomb, he was close to our best player. Such a gun winger.

Milford keeps improving his game. Finally got a try assist too!

Alex Glenn...a lot of people want him gone, but all I see is a fighter, and still a damn solid one too. I still prefer him to Su'a.

Bird threw some nice passes, but I hope he starts to get involved more. Come more infield and the left side too.

I don't see what Isaako offers that Kahu doesn't. He doesn't even seem faster. I'd be dropping him for Kahu once he's back.

Nikorima might not be a long term option in the halves, but I still love the little guy. He's such a talented player. I'd be looking at him as a possible fullback in the long term.

Oh, and how much better did our attack look without McCullough's """"organising"""" when in the opposition 50? No more sets of 5 one out runs followed by a kick when you are 20 metres out.

Agreed. Alex Glenn was excellent tonight, as he has been all season in reality.

Surprised no one’s talked much about Opacic. He played well defensively, took hit ups and passed the offload that saw Oates score.

He’s like Reed 3.0 (much improved version so I skipped the 2.0)

He was pretty solid tonight.

Came up with a try assist, was there in support a lot, didn't shy away from taking a hit up and was solid defensively. He made 29 tackles. When was the last time you saw a centre make 29 tackles?

Kahu's kicking isn't too bad either, when he doesn't have a groin injury. He's also a much better defender, and I haven't noticed a real difference in speed.
In Kahu’s defense he tends to play better alongside Jimmy and is slightly better at reading the defense play when the opposition is attacking. Could always move Isaako to FB (though Boyd did put in some effort tonight).

Surprised no one’s talked much about Opacic. He played well defensively, took hit ups and passed the offload that saw Oates score.

He’s like Reed 3.0 (much improved version so I skipped the 2.0)
Reed being compared to anything Opacic does at this point is embarrassing.

Good win by the broncs. McGuire should not be playing hooker - Broncs only started playing well when Niko came on. Milf played really well. Short and long kicking game was fantastic. Bird’s confidence will only improve when he loses some weight but I still thought he had a good game. He’s still a much stronger half than Niko.

I expected Haas to be more explosive. He doesn’t seem to have above average leg speed but that frame was hard to put down and he’ll eat the metres up in attack as he matures.

Korbin Sims.

13 runs for 119 metres
27 tackles, 3 missed
2 tackle breaks
1 offload
1 line break assist

Take a bow. Probably his best game for us.

We should quit while we're ahead.....and unload Sims now. We won't get another one of these games from him (ever) and the risk of him fucking things up the next time he plays is odds on.

Missed the game tonight fellas. Just watched the highlights and saw Bird in the number 7 jersey. Lol, that's a big halfback we got. 100kg?

Anyway, good to see we got the win

Kodi had a a very good game, he should have started at hooker.

Thaiday cannot keep up with the new boys around.

The pack went very well, exceptionally well, and had mungrel.

Boyd played well and got very involved and found a voice.

Oates should consider staying on the wing, the new bunch of forwards coming through are a step ahead of him in durability - and hes playing fantastic on the wing - playing very much like his late 2015 form and getting into open field and space a lot. Maybe his fitness has come back up?

Good game. Badly needed. Nice to see building but still very up and down performance (admittedly not helped with injuries).

A lot of silly errors still and intermittent structure at best which can be exposed by better teams. Next step is to build some consistency and structure. Still don’t see how this spine wins a premiership.

Special mention to Sims but still has to be on notice. He was really good but has to repeat it next two weeks in a row or go to QCup. Can’t have a player that shows up once every 4-6 weeks. Might as well play a young bloke.

Haas really good debut. Be nice if he gets a game next week, short stints maybe 20-30 mins a game only but looks worth the investment.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.