/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

upload_2019-5-2_22-6-35.gif

As for the young kids in the middle, you can't criticise their effort however they clearly lack experience of playing 80 minutes against hardened opposition and a real glaring thing for me is the lack of skill also. Just crash and bash, limited footwork and no ability to play into or through the line.

I think Flegler is an exception, he's shown some pretty deft footwork at times this year and got through the line at one point tonight with it for a good gain.

I don’t blame isaako for being shit this year
He is literally getting no attack coming down his side to score a try
Left left left left left
It’s boring and repetitive and everyone has already worked it out
Souths laughed at us all night with that play

They had like 2 extra blokes in defence there every time we ran it, but we still kept trying it.

Does anyone here seriously think we’d be worse of with Wayne coaching right now?

The Isaako Boyd swap has to happen. It gets Isaako more involved and Boyd the **** away from Fullback. I don't give a shit about Isaako dropping balls, as long as he offers more in defence of grubbers and runs out of our end, then I'm okay with it.

If I’m a south fan, I’d really enjoy watching Milford bombing the balls, it’s a pleasure to see the south players easily catch the ball.

On the contrary, Oates, Isaako always make me nervous when they are trying to catch.

If Boyd want to play one good game from the whole season, I think this 300th game should be the one, so I can see him putting in some effort, but he’s just no longer good, tbh I’m a bit worried for Dearden as I watch him playing dummy throw quite a few ball make Boyd run, I don’t know if he gets in trouble for doing that because our captain is not doing that kind of job.

James should go to south or tell him he’s not in our future plan beyond this match, his professional ethics and attitude are way much lower than Staggs, Stagg deserves the center.

Oates is like a heavy sword, he can either destroy the defense or waste our opportunity. And his ball catching skill hasn’t improved at all. Too bad to be contract year, but tbh he doesn’t deserve more than 600k. What confuse me more is the whole team seems lack of moves except passing to Oates to finish, far too predictable.

If anyone still has the opinion that Joe should wear the Maroon jersey, they are mad, he’s just an average guy, that’s it.

I’ve proposed put Dearden as our no 7 several rounds earlier and get mocked for saying that, I’m just glad the kid didn’t let us down. He shows confidence in the second half. I guess he must be telling himself that “ play whatever I want, there’s no way I can be worse than these blokes”

I don’t know if anyone else find out, this season it’s always senior blokes let us down, the younger player they are, the better they are. Flegler, Carrigan, now Dearden.

I don’t know what’s club’s plan for this season, if they are still dreaming to get in top 8, they probably won’t change the current spine, and are praying the spine could use so called experience to win some once we are playing against Titans, bulldogs, warriors.......

Or the board or the coach is brave enough, taking some responsibility, debut more young blood, eying for the next season, and you know what, the young blokes might take us to the finals!

I honestly thought we could win tonight.

Maybe 2 flukey tries before half time broke us. But poor handling, lapses in or just flat out lazy defence and a 5-1 penalty count before the break certainly didn’t help.

Problem is, that seems to be the status quo at the moment.

I said it a few weeks back. We can’t chase points because we just implode trying.
Far too often we get complacent when we are in front and take the pressure off and we have an unparalleled ability to lose close games. Unless it’s a game like last week, you can never be confident we’ll win.

That said; I was, and still am, on the Seibold train. I might be proven wrong over time, but I’m staying the course. I just don’t think you can judge a coach on 8 games, or even one season. He’s inherited a terribly out of balance squad and simply can’t do anything to fix it overnight.

These problems are bigger than him and have been festering for far too long.

Strap yourselves in. As a club that expects success, this could be the season that really tests how loyal some fans are.

Two other takeaways though, already covered by some though:

- Roberts looks like he would rather be anywhere else;
- Dearden was solid, rugged and plenty tough for a little fella and super competitive - good signs from a very slight kid on debut.

Let's face the facts. We just don't have the fire power or the organisation in attack. Its fjust four ups then maybe shuffle it along the back line and hope swmthing happens. Then Milfords predictable high ball. We will win a few more games ,maybe.
I would like to have a new set of eyes run over the cattle we have and give some new suggestiona on how to make our attack more potent and less predictable . Maybe someone like Greg Alexander or even Danny Buderis.

Last edited:
our biggest problem is we are so young as soon as we make a mistake we drop our bundle. At the mo we are unable to come back from an upset. We need a captain with a ruthless streak that the boys are a bit frightened/in awe of. I don't think our present captain offers us anything.

Macca was slightly better tonight. I noticed he was saving energy by not running back to the ptb and letting young Deardon do the first tackle.

A few have said it over a few weeks, our rotation is worse than shit. Siebs needs to give himself an uppercut on this count. It's dead set woeful.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.