PRE-GAME [Round 9, 2024] Broncos vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karapani drops a lot of balls- seven in six games and they're not under pressure either just kicks down field. He's in position but then straight in and out.

Broncos do eye checks in the pre-season maybe he was sick that day.
Dropped ball is kind of our thing when it comes to our outside backs if the last month of football is anything to go by.

For the data fans.

Rogers
80 minutes
1 try
8 goals
20 points
16 runs
144m
1 line break
1 line break assist
1 try assist
10 tackles
0 missed

Didn't kick the ball once, just let's Hamiliton do it while he unleashes running.
Pretty much the ideal 6 if needed for us. A high footy iq guy who will know to play his role and get the ball to the players that can do most with it.

Roosters are the only team with a higher differential than us. Both their attack and defence is pipping us. But not by much. We have one more win, and one fewer loss (no byes). However, one of their wins was against us.

Penriff players and fans know they’re fucked if the Broncos put together an 80 minute performance against them.
They know the Broncos aren’t scared and we have firepower all across the park!
It’s like the Storm. The mystique is broken, we’re coming for you every game.

Karapani drops a lot of balls- seven in six games and they're not under pressure either just kicks down field. He's in position but then straight in and out.

Broncos do eye checks in the pre-season maybe he was sick that day.
Should slot right in to our backline then with those sort of stats

Penriff players and fans know they’re fucked if the Broncos put together an 80 minute performance against them.
They know the Broncos aren’t scared and we have firepower all across the park!
It’s like the Storm. The mystique is broken, we’re coming for you every game.

If we ever put together an 80 minute game, we'll beat everyone else in the comp by 30. Penrith maybe 20. The reality is, our team is stacked but also, we've never come close to an 80 minute performance.

Roosters are the only team with a higher differential than us. Both their attack and defence is pipping us. But not by much. We have one more win, and one fewer loss (no byes). However, one of their wins was against us.

Sharks also have a better average differential but with the teams they've played, it doesn't really count...

After this weekend we now have the 3rd best attack, 7th best defence and 3rd best differential - all averages of course to avoid the bye issues. Even with all our outs and the Vegas hangover.

I expect us to overtake the Rorters when we belt them by 20 or so on Friday night, as well.

If we ever put together an 80 minute game, we'll beat everyone else in the comp by 30. Penrith maybe 20. The reality is, our team is stacked but also, we've never come close to an 80 minute performance.
I think defensively we have put on 80 minute performances. Probably alot of last year. In attack I think we just play a high risk high reward brand of football and back our defence to get us out of trouble.

Prediction for the score I am Predicting 34 to 10 😂😂😌😌

I think defensively we have put on 80 minute performances. Probably alot of last year. In attack I think we just play a high risk high reward brand of football and back our defence to get us out of trouble.

I am dreaming of the day when we play mature - plug away until we earn the right to throw it around.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching our team's attack, we are the best team to watch in the comp comfortably because we can score from anywhere but not every line break needs to have a low percentage pass thrown. We have enough fire power to score on the next tackle.

It's going to be an arm wrestle. The difference at the end won't be more than 14 or so.

Our game is like chalk and cheese to Vegas. If we have Reyno and Walsh fit plus Cobbo, look out. Shame Mam won't be playing because I reckon we'd be out with a massive point to prove, more than we already do.

Our boys will be out to make a statement and the Roosters will know it. If we both play to our best, they don't have a hope, don't let the scoreline against St George fool you, they gave up, we won't and they still scored a lot.

Badel and Craddock reporting that Sailor may be called on to play five-eight against the Roosters.

They haven't got any quotes from anyone at the club ... but they did managed to get a quote from Sailors daddy saying that he could handle the position if called to play there

here is what Dell said:

“Tristan is the ultimate team player,” Wendell said. “He can play five or six positions, including five-eighth or halfback.

“There is no doubt Tristan can be the answer in the halves. The Broncos have Jock Madden as another option, so it comes down to Kevvie, but Tristan has the IQ to play in the halves.

“Fullback in his main position but Tristan just wants to be in the 17.”

Sailor would be okay at 6 if it was against most other teams but you just know Manu will be running at him all game and Manus hard to handle for the best of defenders.

Don't like the talk of moving Billy to 6. If he is our best 9, it means we are weakening a key position to attempt to plug a gap at 6, when we have a capable replacement in Rogers. I wouldn't consider Sailor at 6 due to his defensive decision making being at best mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.