PRE-GAME [Round 9, 2024] Broncos vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like the talk of moving Billy to 6. If he is our best 9, it means we are weakening a key position to attempt to plug a gap at 6, when we have a capable replacement in Rogers. I wouldn't consider Sailor at 6 due to his defensive decision making being at best mediocre.

Well it isn’t like Smoothy isn’t capable, he’s at a similar level to Walters so it isn’t weakening the position at all, plus it would allow us to play our highly rated junior and get games into him.

Well it isn’t like Smoothy isn’t capable, he’s at a similar level to Walters so it isn’t weakening the position at all, plus it would allow us to play our highly rated junior and get games into him.
Giving Mozer his chance would the only silver lining in that move. Billy can patch 6 in case of injury, but he just isn't a playmaker. He is so slow. And the Roosters are genuine contenders. I doubt Kevvie will go that direction.

Brown lining in that selection is we stand to get Paix at 14.

Badel is speculating Sailor. Unless Kevvie has said something off mike, it doesn't seem to have any basis.

Sailor is pretty accurate replacement for Mam tbh. Will be a danger running the ball but possibly a target in defence. We know he will have a crack that is for sure.

ABC reported that Keary left ANZAC Day in a moonboot. So they might be without Keary, Tupou, and Tupouniua. Bin chicken Radley will no doubt play.

Broncos staggering the ticket release so the crowd will be down on what it should be, but it will be volatile. Can't wait.

Hey all, have dropped in a few comments here and there but trying to get more active as I’m always reading through the threads.

I’m a fan of seeing how sailor holds up with a run at 6. Had a poor game against the storm which I think has turned a few heads away (mine included somewhat) but in the games before that he’s shown great short kicking, pass selection, knowing when to get the ball to space and no hesitancy with hit ups/running if he sees space. Seems to have a good eyes up ability in his game and just looks comfortable with ball in hand, there’s no “running through the motions” which I think stifles a few of our options (primarily madden, but he’s shown glimpses).

My only short fall would be how his defence will hold up + if he can keep all of the above praise up after 25 tackles, but I think the upside is worth a test.

Roger’s is probably the safest pick, liked what I saw last time he played. Walters also wouldn’t be a bad shout in case we get halves injuries in a later game (plus mozer exposure).

Hey all, have dropped in a few comments here and there but trying to get more active as I’m always reading through the threads.

I’m a fan of seeing how sailor holds up with a run at 6. Had a poor game against the storm which I think has turned a few heads away (mine included somewhat) but in the games before that he’s shown great short kicking, pass selection, knowing when to get the ball to space and no hesitancy with hit ups/running if he sees space. Seems to have a good eyes up ability in his game and just looks comfortable with ball in hand, there’s no “running through the motions” which I think stifles a few of our options (primarily madden, but he’s shown glimpses).

My only short fall would be how his defence will hold up + if he can keep all of the above praise up after 25 tackles, but I think the upside is worth a test.

Roger’s is probably the safest pick, liked what I saw last time he played. Walters also wouldn’t be a bad shout in case we get halves injuries in a later game (plus mozer exposure).
I think if Mam can't play it has to be Rogers. We need someone who can take over in case Reynolds goes down. I don't believe Sailor can do this.

As much as I hate it, Roosters are probably a top 4 side this year. This will be a good test for our boys, only other top side we've faced so far was Melbourne, and we deserved to win that game but blew it.

Would be great to really stamp our premiership credentials by running up a big score on the chooks.

As much as I hate it, Roosters are probably a top 4 side this year. This will be a good test for our boys, only other top side we've faced so far was Melbourne, and we deserved to win that game but blew it.

Would be great to really stamp our premiership credentials by running up a big score on the chooks.
We also played the Panthers.

Kevy said it all in the presser - There wont be a field size advantage for the chooks this game. Walsh will have another meter and a half to run this week which will be a massive advantage in comparison to our last game! Also our forwards will be up for it. Willison instead of Tapau. Looking forward to it.

I'm not saying Smoothy isn't capable, if you read what I wrote closely that's fairly obvious. But, if Walters is our 9, he should remain there, he still has improvement needed and moving him to 6 won't help that.

I'm not saying Smoothy isn't capable, if you read what I wrote closely that's fairly obvious. But, if Walters is our 9, he should remain there, he still has improvement needed and moving him to 6 won't help that.

But if your choice for 6 is between Walters, a guy who can play in the halves and FAR more importantly, can defend well or Sailor, a guy who is almost a total unknown there, you have to think about that too, particularly when you have what appears to be a gun coming through who can take the 14 jersey.

The context here cannot be ignored, it isn't a choice in a vacuum. It allows us to get game time into our highly touted junior with the luxury of having an extremely capable 14 who can easily play starting 9. We aren't talking about a long term change here either, it is just until Mam can come back, most likely 1-2 weeks later. This isn't going to impact significantly on Walters ability to play / improve as a 9 for such a short-term change.

In any case, if Mozer does come on as everyone hopes, with him and Smoothy, Walters best shot is to probably convert into a half/utility to extend his career anyway. Even if this part isn't true, the point stands, for the short-term, surely one has more hope Billy can hold the fort without screwing anything up than Sailor who has not proven himself to be able to defend that well in the front line, Walters certainly can.

I did a dumb thing today a bought tickets for this game instead of using my membership password.
I have three tickets in section 707 for two adults and one child (u17) that I paid $74 for. I'm happy with $50 if anyone wants them?

Please no sailor at 6, he’s rank in defence. Put someone there that can tackle we don’t need the extra offence.
If your five eighth isn't a whiz in attack, they should look for another job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncomax
  • GCBRONCO
  • The Don
  • Behind enemy lines
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • Mr Fourex
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Rough and Ready
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.