PRE-GAME [Round 9, 2024] Broncos vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got found out twice in the cows trial and then the Dolphins match where he replaced Mam with 10 to go. He missed his assignment while sliding out behind Oates. His efforts at 1... Hard pass. I reckon Rogers would be a better fit

Got run over by a big back rower against the Cows .
Not the 1st time this has happened to a half . Seen it happen to Ezra too .

I think the Sailor can`t tackle meme is exaggerated . If he was as bad as some make out he wouldn`t be in the top 30 at a Kevvie Walters led club .

I think the Sailor can`t tackle meme is exaggerated . If he was as bad as some make out he wouldn`t be in the top 30 at a Kevvie Walters led club .
Yep. This is exactly right.

Mam's alright, I reckon. He's missed a few but he's put some good shots on big men. Fifita and Taumalolo come to mind. Haven't seen Sailor put in the same effort

Mam's alright, I reckon. He's missed a few but he's put some good shots on big men. Fifita and Taumalolo come to mind. Haven't seen Sailor put in the same effort

Re Ezra . Still not flawless . [And I love Ezra ]
He didn`t take anyone a cpl of weeks back and they ran past him like he was a spectator .

Like I said the Sailor can`t tackle meme is exaggerated . Kevvie wouldn`t have him in his 30 if that was true .
A cpl of misses and he`s condemmed for not being capable of tackling .

That’s what mam is for, I just want someone who is defensively responsible for this game.
I thought we were talking about a Mam replacement. In which case, we need someone with a bit of pace who can spark something.

Re Ezra . Still not flawless . [And I love Ezra ]
He didn`t take anyone a cpl of weeks back and they ran past him like he was a spectator .

Like I said the Sailor can`t tackle meme is exaggerated . Kevvie wouldn`t have him in his 30 if that was true .
A cpl of misses and he`s condemmed for not being capable of tackling .

Sailor isn't in the 30 as a back up half though, he is the back up fullback and regardless of how good Lockyer went at both, there is a reason why they are considered very different positions.

Hell yeah, I was really warming up to Jock stepping in as a 6/7. Has put in a couple of solid back to back performances.

Really be nice if Cobbo is fit to play. Absolutely love Arthars but not sure he can contain Manu .

I thought we were talking about a Mam replacement. In which case, we need someone with a bit of pace who can spark something.
We were, but looks like this conversation is irrelevant anyway.

He could be back!

Good signs for Mam and Jock both, might we finally be getting some luck with injuries?
Delete this now!!

Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Really be nice if Cobbo is fit to play. Absolutely love Arthars but not sure he can contain Manu .
Everything ive seen of arthurs has been class over the past 2 years, including defence. I rate him a step down from cobbo in attack because of Cobbo's X factor, but he rarely makes mistakes.
Im quite confident he will hold up, provided his winger and second row do their jobs.
I was a little dissappointed with Mariner against the Tigers but im putting down to rust and walsh's hot blood in attack, throwing wayward passes. Hearing what brisbane's attacking coach said about getting walsh to slow his game down , sound like music to my ears.
There are a few in the team that get a little too exited with the ball in hand. Its why reynolds stands out so much when playing.

Everything ive seen of arthurs has been class over the past 2 years, including defence. I rate him a step down from cobbo in attack because of Cobbo's X factor, but he rarely makes mistakes.
Im quite confident he will hold up, provided his winger and second row do their jobs.
Real challenge with Arthars is his size. He defends well, but there are some big, fast centres running around these days and they will unfortunately just bust through his tackles with pure physicality. Cobbo seems far more physically suited for these encounters.

Going to be, again, a real interesting team list Tuesday.

Been interesting to read the thoughts of my fellow Broncos tragics about how to replace Madden at 5/8th.

I kinda always come back to a simple home truth; Kevvie will rarely change a winning team.

So, kinda expected someone to come in and play with a number 6 on their back, the rest of the team stays the same.

But, if this news is accurate - the guy coming in to play that number 6 could be...Mam!

That would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.