PRE-GAME [Round 9, 2024] Broncos vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win this I'm going to walk down to Easts Leagues club in full Broncos gear, right into their Artie Beetson themed Roosters bar and drink 2-3 reasonably priced beers while I talk loudly to nobody in particular about how overrated Brad Fittler was and how the Roosters can only win a premiership by buying it and refuse to leave until Uncle Nick comes and carries me away himself.

If we win this I'm going to walk down to Easts Leagues club in full Broncos gear, right into their Artie Beetson themed Roosters bar and drink 2-3 reasonably priced beers while I talk loudly to nobody in particular about how overrated Brad Fittler was and how the Roosters can only win a premiership by buying it and refuse to leave until Uncle Nick comes and carries me away himself.

ghosts side GIF

No such thing as reasonably priced beers nowadays.... sooo

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Can't we get a home game for once on a clear day with zero chance of rain.

My $5 Woolies poncho held up pretty well last game, let's see if it can back it up tonight

This game will be a good guideline for us I think.

The games we’ve lost this season, well, we can perhaps forgive Vegas, as a one off.
Panthers was disappointing and should have done better at the Storm. Scoring 32 points there and not winning…..

Need to keep the momentum going.

This game will be a good guideline for us I think.

The games we’ve lost this season, well, we can perhaps forgive Vegas, as a one off.
Panthers was disappointing and should have done better at the Storm. Scoring 32 points there and not winning…..

Need to keep the momentum going.

We've only lost to 3 teams that are going to be fighting for top 4, one of them in a stupid Vegas stadium not fit for purpose and one where we lost our fullback in like the first minute and despite playing like rubbish, were still not really blown off the park (although it was a comfortable defeat). The Melbourne game stings though because two of their tries were extremely contentious and we bombed how many of our own? That Arthars drop that would have sealed it still ticks me off.

We've only lost to 3 teams that are going to be fighting for top 4, one of them in a stupid Vegas stadium not fit for purpose and one where we lost our fullback in like the first minute and despite playing like rubbish, were still not really blown off the park (although it was a comfortable defeat). The Melbourne game stings though because two of their tries were extremely contentious and we bombed how many of our own? That Arthars drop that would have sealed it still ticks me off.
We've lost players to injury in the first half of every loss so far.

The injuries early in games across the league has actually been crazy this year... not sure if I can recall it being so disruptive as what it has been this year.

And sure you could be super critical of all those games but in all of them the opposing team had the upper hand in terms of playing environment (field size, home game) and injuries (by some margin to) so to be super critical of that first month is pretty tough going. Not to mention all of this was in the first month of losing a lot of key players so to have a tough run first month with a heap of injuries and new inexperienced blokes picking up the slack it’s really tough criticism imo. We have turned the ship around substantially since and have played tremendous footy short on players. I think we need to leave that month in the rear view mirror and just write it off as an unlucky month which it was. Hasn’t overly affected us we are just a game or two behind the 8 ball now. Which is fine it just means we have something to chase which I don’t think is a bad thing for us it will reduce complacency.

The roosters are a real threat to the comp this year. They've got weapons right accross the park.

I'll be disappointed if we don't turn up for this and put in a big performance because it feels like we have something to prove. Regardless of what actually happened in the games, to date our only 3 losses have been agaisnt genuine top sides. If we lose this one as well questions probably start getting asked about if we can match it with the top sides.

On top of that, while we've hsd good performances the last 3 weeks it feels like they haven't been complete 80 mins performances. All of them we left points on the field and let in late tries. I'm not saying we've been bad but i would love to see a full 80 minute performance to show what we are capable of.

I like the idea of running big men at keary and walker all night, i think in general halves arent targeted enough but these guys are both small and would be good to dent walkers confidence by making him miss some tackles.

One final point, if we drop one more ball over the line or bomb one more certain try I'm going to explode. You just cant be doing that especially agaisnt the good teams who generally only leak 2 or 3 trys game. We have to take every opportunity.

The roosters are a real threat to the comp this year. They've got weapons right accross the park.

I'll be disappointed if we don't turn up for this and put in a big performance because it feels like we have something to prove. Regardless of what actually happened in the games, to date our only 3 losses have been agaisnt genuine top sides. If we lose this one as well questions probably start getting asked about if we can match it with the top sides.

On top of that, while we've hsd good performances the last 3 weeks it feels like they haven't been complete 80 mins performances. All of them we left points on the field and let in late tries. I'm not saying we've been bad but i would love to see a full 80 minute performance to show what we are capable of.

I like the idea of running big men at keary and walker all night, i think in general halves arent targeted enough but these guys are both small and would be good to dent walkers confidence by making him miss some tackles.

One final point, if we drop one more ball over the line or bomb one more certain try I'm going to explode. You just cant be doing that especially agaisnt the good teams who generally only leak 2 or 3 trys game. We have to take every opportunity.

I feel like our home final game against Storm last year was the closest to 80 minutes we've played. I reckon the boys will be up for this game and will put in a solid effort. I'm expecting Broncos to make a statement tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.