Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

It isn't up to the match review to penalise players, just whether it's worthy of a suspension.

A fore-arm to the face (which you see plenty of) isn't worth it.

At the very least, they're consistent.

consistently fucked .....

The biggest positive for mine is that there is still plenty of improvement in Brisbane, while I can't see as much in Cronulla. Milford by his lofty standards had an incredibly poor game and his penalty just as Maloney threw it over the sideline effectively lost the team the match. If Brisbane had have held on there, it would have been a completely different game. Instead it gave Cronulla another opportunity, Alex Glenn falls off a Bukuya tackle which throws the defence into sixes and sevens and the Sharks score off the back of it. From there they were playing seven pocket theory football and it was coming off for them.

The pleasing thing for Brisbane is that they know they can chase points. Through out the entire year, the Broncos have largely played from infront and were rarely if ever under pressure. A performance like that can give them the belief they need to improve. Further they can learn where they can improve for few instances. There were times where the cohesion wasn't there. I blame that in part to the dummy half situation and the type of games they've been playing. They haven't thrown a lot at opposition teams because they haven't had to. Cronulla on the other hand have won games in the past few weeks based on their ability to score points.

A lot of people seem to be laying into Ben Hunt. While he came up with some poor plays, it should be noted the play that got Brisbane back into the game happened inside the opening few minutes. A smart kick on tackle three put Brisbane on the front foot defensively and forced a mistake from Jack Bird. A few plays later, Hunt puts forward a calculated kick, Reed competes and Oates happens to be in the vicinity to take it. That play right there swung the game for Brisbane and turned the game on it's head. If he can play with that sort of maturity, Ben Hunt will turn out fine. In fact, I thought the mistakes he made were unlucky. Namely the intercept to Beale which appeared as if it came off the arm of Graham making the tackle. Also I've seen people blame him for that 10-15m set at the death, but the referees were completely at fault there. The first tackle on Boyd was the most obvious flop and second effort you'll see but the referees didn't have the cajones to make a call.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • BroncoFan94
  • Behold
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Hurrijo
  • Alec
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.