[RUMOR] Griffins future in doubt, Bennett/Walters to coach?

I expect a good old lynching, I'll bring the pitchforks if someone brings the torches.

I share your frustration, but don't be tricked into thinking we have a great roster just because we supply so many origin players. The bronco's have, and will continue to supply the fodder for the jewel in the Nrl crown. I can't remember a team suppling 4 player from no 13 on the ladder, would have been more except for injuries. Hook bears the brunt of that work load on the players. There's only so much a coach can do, you can't coach speed and you cant coach a mouse to be a lion. Gould said in the commentary against the dogs. No team can be up forever, But our rock bottom has happened, and it's up from here

Hook has plenty of valid excuses as mentioned above, especially the backline destruction we suffered this season, but the one thing that really makes me doubt him is how we went backwards fitness wise and how our ruck defence went to shit.
I suspect both those last two things are connected, as is another fundamental aspect of our game: line speed (or lack thereof)!

That is not something that can be blamed on the backline, and most of our forward pack was on the field outside of Origin...

We won through Origin last year, and won some good games too, so it is absolutely no excuse. [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION], you've nailed it - I think a fair chunk of our issues this year have been fitness related. If we get that right, hopefully we get out line speed, aggressiveness, defence, and all those other pieces back on track where they should be.

I give him until Origin next year - but I expect to see some massive changes across the paddock right from Round 1, and will be VERY vocal if there's not.

Speaking of coaching potential a story on the Walkers will be in the Courier soon.

Yeah I was wondering when something about them was going to be mentioned. ....

I met Chris Walker about 2 years ago - he was working as a bobcat operator for Turf Force (Titans sponsor, as he was still signed with them at that stage) on one of my jobs, had a good half-hour chat about footy :thumbup1: Seemed a nice enough bloke, decent bobcat operator too :biggrin:

Think he is talking about Ben and Shane whom are coaching the Ipswich jets , maybe could see one of them working for the broncos next year !

I'd put him under close scrutiny now. Unless we see both a change in results and improvements in the areas we all know the team is lacking then he needs replacing. He cab remain defensive assistant coach.

He can remain defensive assistant coach.

or assistant to the regional manager ...

dwight_schrute_profile_page.jpg

419950-griffin.jpg

I really don't want him anywhere near the Broncos if he gets the sack from head coach. What would make you think that he would be ok as a defensive assistant coach when we probably had one of the worst years in Broncos history?

I really don't want him anywhere near the Broncos if he gets the sack from head coach. What would make you think that he would be ok as a defensive assistant coach when we probably had one of the worst years in Broncos history?

hmmm... probably because when he was defensive assistant coach our defense was the shit and since kearney has been in charge of defense it has gone to shit!?!? just an assumption...

That is not good enough. He's head coach, whoever is head coach needs to take the blame. How a head coach can see such an apparent drop in defense and not step in to correct is beyond me. I tend to believe that he had nothing to do with why, as you claim, our defense was good while he was coaching there.

That is not good enough. He's head coach, whoever is head coach needs to take the blame. How a head coach can see such an apparent drop in defense and not step in to correct is beyond me. I tend to believe that he had nothing to do with why, as you claim, our defense was good while he was coaching there.

So when he was in charge of defence, like his entire job was defence, you dont think he was responsible for his defence being so good?!?

hmmm.....

Would you mind filling me in on who was responsible for our excellent defence if that is the case?

The players and head coach. Locky might have had something to do with it.

The players and head coach. Locky might have had something to do with it.

Most definitely. I mean Henjak was such an amazing coach, I have no doubt his leadership trickled down and affected our defence in SPITE of Hook. Your right, it is more likely that the head coach, players, buck the bronco, climate change and the GFC had more impact on our defence than our DEFENSIVE coach.

FTR I am not a Hook fan and want him gone as much as most, but **** me credit where credits due.

I think Locky had a lot to do with how well we played across the whole park. He always moved up in defense, one of the first kick chasers and I think the guys did not want to let him down. Throwing the head coach in there was a bit of sarcasm. You need to relax a little I think. He is our head coach right now and our defense stinks, he's to blame one way or another. Which is why I don't want him to have anything to do with the Broncos anymore. Hell he could turn it all around next year and learn from this and be out best coach in history. I will happily admit I was wrong, but you and I both know that's very unlikely.

Defense comes down to aditude there for players r at fault , I also think fitness was a major factor . So you can only blame the coach when the problem doesn't get fixed , so imo will wait till next season before I ask for hooks head.

I think Locky had a lot to do with how well we played across the whole park. He always moved up in defense, one of the first kick chasers and I think the guys did not want to let him down. Throwing the head coach in there was a bit of sarcasm. You need to relax a little I think. He is our head coach right now and our defense stinks, he's to blame one way or another. Which is why I don't want him to have anything to do with the Broncos anymore. Hell he could turn it all around next year and learn from this and be out best coach in history. I will happily admit I was wrong, but you and I both know that's very unlikely.

Mate I am calm, I just dont see a point in talking shit for the sake of it.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • lynx000
  • mitch222
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • Ondi
  • Mister Wright
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.