[RUMOUR] THREE significant signings in the pipeline

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Re: [RUMOR] THREE "Significant" signings in the pipeline - The Australian

Any players who don't like Barba coming can just **** off, it's an open market after all.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

There was a small tidbit in the Courier Mail a couple of weeks ago that was in a similar vain, bout how unhappy and shocked the players were with the treatment Wallace got and it was a wake up call that it could happen to anyone so according to the article players were now going to test themselves on the open market where as previously they would just automatically re-sign.

Can't have players running the club it's one of the things that stuffed up the Raiders,
And the Tigers

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013

So what, we don't sign anyone and keep the exact same squad and pray that some time in the next ten years they get there shit together? Sounds like a great idea coach!

Woah. Dude. I was just making a comment in relation to the psychology of the players. I said they need to perform better, but you need to go about it the right way. That's all.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Woah. Dude. I was just making a comment in relation to the psychology of the players. I said they need to perform better, but you need to go about it the right way. That's all.

I wasn't meaning to have a go and didnt mean that to come out so bad. I just think a lot of these guys are way to comfortable.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013

I wasn't meaning to have a go and didnt mean that to come out so bad. I just think a lot of these guys are way to comfortable.

Fair enough, and I agree with you. All we can do is hope they come out next year and show us a new attitude.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Fair enough, and I agree with you. All we can do is hope they come out next year and show us a new attitude.

Very true. Hopefully this is the kick in the pants they need

M

mystico

BRL Player
May 20, 2010

This thread title so badly needs a U.

B

brodster_1

BRL Player
Jul 2, 2013

Yeah, we have developed a culture of mediocrity and tantrum throwing, barba definitely won't gel with that. **** the players this is the most ridiculous **** I have heard. I sincerely hope you have made this up cos if this is honestly what the players think they can go **** themselves and get out of the jersey. **** me that's attrocious

Didnt make it up unfortuantely, Its what I've been told, but it doesn't mean I agree with it, I find disappointing, immature and petty. The broncosis an environment where players are made to feel welcome and part of a family. The word Bronco seems to have lost meaning though.

A

azza

NYC Player
Jun 30, 2013
I think that too many of the players have come up together in the 20's and think they deserve to stay together and are all in love. **** that, shake up the house, they deserve it as they have not been delivering. These guys are earning alot more than any of us will see and we are hearing this crap. Perhaps the Wallace and Norman situation is what they needed.

Also regarding Hoffman, Ive said it before that I have always been his biggest fan, but if this is his attitude and he is going to sulk about it well lets just find another winger/not quite complete fullback.

Last edited:
Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
We have about 3 wingers sitting on the side lines, all injured. Next season we'll have about 4 or 5 wingers (Copley, Kahu, Hoffman, Yow Yeh, Drew[?]) competing for 2 spots.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
We have about 3 wingers sitting on the side lines, all injured. Next season we'll have about 4 or 5 wingers (Copley, Kahu, Hoffman, Yow Yeh, Drew[?]) competing for 2 spots.

Copley is a centre, Hoffman wants to play Fullback, Yow Yeh might not play, Drew is too young, we could potentially have 1-2 wingers for next season

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Copley is a centre, Hoffman wants to play Fullback, Yow Yeh might not play, Drew is too young, we could potentially have 1-2 wingers for next season

Hmmm. All the people I mentioned can play and have played on the Wing. Are you arguing semantics?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Hmmm. All the people I mentioned can play and have played on the Wing. Are you arguing semantics?

Just because they've played there doesn't mean they're "Wingers".. I'd personally have Kahu and Hoffman on the wings and be done with it, nobody else is good enough to replace them in our squad, JYY at right centre if he's fit, if he's not, Oates.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Just because they've played there doesn't mean they're "Wingers".. I'd personally have Kahu and Hoffman on the wings and be done with it, nobody else is good enough to replace them in our squad, JYY at right centre if he's fit, if he's not, Oates.

Semantics :sad:. Anyway, I can see your point. It's good to have depth in different positions at the very least.

H

hidethesuspect

Banned User
Sep 2, 2013
I think there is some truth to the players not being happy about Barba signing. They can all suck a big fat dick as far as I am concerned.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008

I heard from a bronco that not many are happy about barba joining the club at all and are sticking up for hoffman who everyone at the club is expecting to sign elsewhere.

Well the Broncos better tell the players that they're not in charge of the club & that no player is guaranteed a First Grade spot.

Sick of players trying to run their club. If they don't like it, leave.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Echoing the majority here, those who are unhappy with the signing are free to move elsewhere.

Maybe if they concentrated on playing better and not playing club politics, we would've finished higher on the ladder.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • The Strapper
  • Shane Tronc
  • Wolfie
  • Strop
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.