Sam Thaiday

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
So apparently if you're not a Broncos supporter, you are likely to hate Sam Thaiday.

Anyone else noticed this? In the past year or so, I've heard so many people talk about how much they really don't like him because he's a grub. Apart from being 3rd man in to fights (which he is guilty of often, and shouldn't do), I can't see what's so bad about him. Is that really the one thing that incenses people? He gets overzealous about his team mates having handbags with the opposition and that's enough to make him one of the most disliked players in league?

Am I missing something I can't see through my Bronco tinted glasses?

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Yeah they hate him so bad. It's definitely the 3rd man in thing cos He's not a grubby player. I've never seen him head high or spear tackle.

They also hate Hodges, I understand hating Hodges, but not Sammy T?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Who cares, he is an absolute gun. As for him being third man in big deal he doesn't deck blokes from behind he runs in to stick up for his mates. Would be an awesome bloke to play alOngside IMO.

Also heard a bs rumor Sammy t has signed with parra lol

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
On Hodges, does anyone feel he has been a little less of a grub/trouble maker on field since returning this year?

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Even Bronco fans hate him, Rocky Will be booing Sammy T for the rest of the season.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
So apparently if you're not a Broncos supporter, you are likely to hate Sam Thaiday.

Anyone else noticed this? In the past year or so, I've heard so many people talk about how much they really don't like him because he's a grub. Apart from being 3rd man in to fights (which he is guilty of often, and shouldn't do), I can't see what's so bad about him. Is that really the one thing that incenses people? He gets overzealous about his team mates having handbags with the opposition and that's enough to make him one of the most disliked players in league?

Am I missing something I can't see through my Bronco tinted glasses?

It's racism. They hate him because he's black.

OK, that's probably not it. I think it comes down to the fact he's a character. We all know characters in the game aren't welcome. We want bland, generic heroes that give credit to the boys and play for the full 80 minutes and come away with the two points.

Sam has a bit more colour (pardon the pun) about him.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
On Hodges, does anyone feel he has been a little less of a grub/trouble maker on field since returning this year?

Because he has been injured & wasn't playing. :wink:

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
He certainly didn't cause NSW any trouble on Wednesday night.

You're kidding right ??

He was awesome on wednesday night ..... ran great lines, tackled like a demon, scored a try.

He was fantastic.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
You're kidding right ??

He was awesome on wednesday night ..... ran great lines, tackled like a demon, scored a try.

He was fantastic.

Dukey was referring to Justin Hodges.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
It's racism. They hate him because he's black.

OK, that's probably not it. I think it comes down to the fact he's a character. We all know characters in the game aren't welcome. We want bland, generic heroes that give credit to the boys and play for the full 80 minutes and come away with the two points.

Sam has a bit more colour (pardon the pun) about him.
You got that right.

I personally love characters in the game. The BS cliches/generic players are so boring.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
God you people are blind. Queenslanders are by far the most one eyed supporters in any sport.

I love Sammy. But here are some reasons why opposition supporters don't like him:

- 3rd man in ALL the time
- Massive whinger
- Can dish it but can't take it

He has two on field facial expressions. Whining indignation, or arrogant celebration. Which isn't a worry when he plays for your team, but I can understand why other fans hate him.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
God you people are blind. Queenslanders are by far the most one eyed supporters in any sport.

I love Sammy. But here are some reasons why opposition supporters don't like him:

- 3rd man in ALL the time
- Massive whinger
- Can dish it but can't take it

I covered 3rd man in
Massive whinger? He whinges, but massive? How about you take your blues glasses off, he's not that bad.
Can dish it but can't take it? Examples? I think you pulled that from your arse.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
I love thaidays third man in style, because unlike the pussies who use it to cheap shot people with a punch thaiday just gets in there and let's the opposition know that if you f#%k with one Queenslander you f%#k with them all. He doesn't come in swinging.

Compare that to creaghs third man in style of pushing in the back and then running away lol

I can see why people dislike him for it, but really, being disliked for sticking up for your mates isn't a bad thing in my books.

Last edited:
Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
I love thaidays third man in style, because unlike the pussies who use it to cheap shot people with a punch thaiday just gets in there and let's the opposition know that if you f#%k with one Queenslander you f%#k with them all. He doesn't come in swinging.

Compare that to creaghs third man in style of pushing in the back and then running away lol

I can see why people dislike him for it, but really, being disliked for sticking up for your mates isn't a ad thing in my books.

This.

Honestly, if your team-mate is in a blew and the opposition player has landed a few, are you expected to just stand there and let him get the **** beaten out of him?

This criticism of Thaiday being third man in is blown WAY out of proportion. I will say that the one in last year's Origin when he charged Jennings's back when Jenning wasn't looking, that wasn't cool. But most times he does it he is standing up for his mate. Like when the Blues players had a hold of Taylor's arms as O'Donnell upper cutted him. Of course you're gonna run in to protect him! Maybe if the Blues had a bit more sense of playing for each other they would understand.

Would love to be in the trenches with Sammy T. Would hate to be in the trenches with Rocky.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • theshed
  • Johnny92
  • The Don
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • Tim K
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • broncotville
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.