Season 2012 Best game

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
In your opinion, whats been the Broncos best game this season?

I'd say the Manly game at Suncorp, despite the loss... Titans at home was pretty good too, and Souffs twice.

Souths game in Perth IMO.

The byes.

Wallace & Norman didn't make any mistakes. :tongue_smilie:

Yeah, both times we played Souths and the Manly game at home despite Parker's missed goal kicks.

I look for key moments / situations in a season and I thought the Broncos were really in for a good year after the win against Canberra in round seven .. if memory serves me correct Wallace was injured for that match so the broncos had basically two rookie halves running the show in Norman and Hunt .. the team was a bit slow out of the blocks but just ran riot after that .. the enthusiasm and the defense and spark in attack was really solid that night and certainly suggested good times ahead ..

I think that was the team's 5th or 6th win in a row at that stage so they probably entitled to bit of a let-down, but to put in such an enthusiastic performance as they did that night told me that this squad was just really hungry to succeed and get better week after week ..

But, as seems the norm with Broncos sides in recent years, they play all of their best football at the start of the season and get progressively WORSE as the season goes on until they reach a point where they become the WORST team in the comp, incapable of beating anyone ..

HMMM, best game of 2012?

That would have to be this weekend when we flog the dogs and put our season back on track :)

A man can dream can't he?

most of our wins havent been the most exciting games this year.

id agree the manly game was probably the best game.

Souths game in Perth IMO.

I was so proud of the team after that win, it set up our season.

After being down, getting a bunch of shit calls and losing players to injury we came back to win.

Would be nice if the team could get back in that frame of mind.

Rd 3 v Newcastle

Despite some awful defensive reads, we actually created some terrific tries, including a decent 2nd man play with Hoff pretty much in the right position, some good structured passing by Wallace and Norman (yes, honestly), and a beautiful play with Macca and Gillett.

If we could attack like that, we would be sitting much higher up the table.

There are points in this side.

That's a tough one, even when we've won I've been fuming for the most part (R1, R3, R5, R6, R13, R15, R19)

You'd have to go with Round 4 just for the way we were able to stick it out against an imposing Souths side. They could have won that game so many times and fortune certainly seemed to favour them but through the work of players like Hunt, Gillett & McGuire we turned the game around. That try to Hoffman is still probably my favourite try of the season, sheer determination from a gutsy player.

Also had an Origin '98 moment where one second your hands go to your head wondering WTF our playmaker was thinking only for it to end up as a gem of a play as Hunt swoops between a number of Souths players to scoop up the play. Norman sums up the situation and Beale finishes it off in style.

I don't think that win would make Top 3 some years which shows how frustrating this season has been but I was certainly proud of the boys and it gave me plenty of belief.

I agree with the Manly game as well. I would have felt so gutted if I still didn't feel so proud of the boys.

vs Manly. A proud effort but really one we should never have lost (much like the Cowboys game in round 2).

Round 23 against the Bulldogs. After losing quite a few in a row we really found some muscle in the forwards and Ben Hunt won us the game with a MOTM performance.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Brocko
  • Culhwch
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Big Del
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.