Seibold - 5 games in

why ... because he is backing the boards decision.

White career, like all CEO's, will be pegged to the health of the business

He took a punt and sacked Wayne for Seibold. If that turns out to be an error he should cop the flak for it.

He took a punt and sacked Wayne for Seibold. If that turns out to be an error he should cop the flak for it.

no he didn't ... the board did, it is his job to carry out the boards direction.

one of the people that made the decision was Darren Lockyer, but i don't hear you whinging about him sacking your mate for failing to get the job done

no he didn't ... the board did, it is his job to carry out the boards direction.

one of the people that made the decision was Darren Lockyer, but i don't hear you whinging about him sacking your mate for failing to get the job done

Whinging?

He took accountability for it. I’m sure he’ll get the credit if it succeeds
Like any good ceo would.

BTW, I was just wondering. Were you a Broncos fan from 1988-1991? If you held the same lofty standards for a new coach you do realise Bennett wouldn't have made it past his 1st year. He had most of the QLD side and alot of internationals too. Surely you see the irony in your relentless BS?

Like any good ceo would.

BTW, I was just wondering. Were you a Broncos fan from 1988-1991? If you held the same lofty standards for a new coach you do realise Bennett wouldn't have made it past his 1st year. He had most of the QLD side and alot of internationals too. Surely you see the irony in your relentless BS?

What relentless BS? I didn’t say anything negative about Seibold. Just that if it fails, White should go. That’s what happens when you stick your neck out, if it ***** up you get your head chopped off.

It's my view that Siebold can finish anywhere in the 1st 12 teams this year and keep his job. If however, he fails to make the 8 this year and just scrapes it next year he is gone. If he only makes the 8 this and next year, he's gone. If they make the 4 next year, he'll see out his contract. If he wins it, any year, he'll write his own.
If he goes through, the board will have to go with him, so they are invested in him making every step a winner (or to be seen to at least) until he delivers (there's nothing wrong with that, we all are, to a point).
IF though they don't make the 8 this year, there will be others going for sure. At that point, there will be too much at stake to go with the status quo.

What relentless BS? I didn’t say anything negative about Seibold. Just that if it fails, White should go. That’s what happens when you stick your neck out, if it ***** up you get your head chopped off.
iu

Love Lockyer and Langer to death but maybe their respective voices on the board and behind the halves ears every play is detriment to our premiership success.

It's my view that Siebold can finish anywhere in the 1st 12 teams this year and keep his job. If however, he fails to make the 8 this year and just scrapes it next year he is gone. If he only makes the 8 this and next year, he's gone. If they make the 4 next year, he'll see out his contract. If he wins it, any year, he'll write his own.
If he goes through, the board will have to go with him, so they are invested in him making every step a winner (or to be seen to at least) until he delivers (there's nothing wrong with that, we all are, to a point).
IF though they don't make the 8 this year, there will be others going for sure. At that point, there will be too much at stake to go with the status quo.

I dont think its good enough if we dont make the 8 personally. if we finish lower than 10th ( unless we get decimated by injury ), i think he should go, that wouldnt be acceptable

I dont think its good enough if we dont make the 8 personally. if we finish lower than 10th ( unless we get decimated by injury ), i think he should go, that wouldnt be acceptable
Thats my opinion on what would probably happen, not should, and I agree, but if he went in his 1st year, the board, or at least the most vocal critics of Bennet would have to go with him. I think they'd argue he hasn't had the time to mold the team in his image (and to a point I'd be in agreement, but only to a point).
Up to about 12th place they would still be in the hunt for a spot, or at least making a good run at the end (considering our start). With that the board could argue a win or two away is there abouts, and not worth abandoning the siebold experiment.
Repeating though would guarantee his, and a few others ends.
Certainly, our senior players are already on tenderhooks with their careers this year and missing the 8 would certainly finish a few.
Next year, it would be all on siebold.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • bert_lifts
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • ezpz
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.