Seibold signs with Broncos for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Media talk.
Most of the media talk comes from somewhere. Usually someone on either side trying to drive the narrative one way or the other

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Most of the media talk comes from somewhere. Usually someone on either side trying to drive the narrative one way or the other

Seems to be one way traffic for mine. White said Wayne will be here next year, Wayne says he wants to be here next year, the players want him for one more year - seems to be Souths with the beef. If the swap were to happen, the reason would have to be pretty damn good after half a year of “Wayne will be here in 2019”.

I think Souths are keen to move Seibs on ASAP.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Seems to be one way traffic for mine. White said Wayne will be here next year, Wayne says he wants to be here next year, the players want him for one more year - seems to be Souths with the beef. If the swap were to happen, the reason would have to be pretty damn good after half a year of “Wayne will be here in 2019”.

I think Souths are keen to move Seibs on ASAP.
Yeah 100 %.
However, there are clearly factors inside of BBQ that are wanting Bennett out and I'm sure it is those who'd support an early swap. But the club doesn't need to swap them out. We have the most to gain from either path next year. Souths have the most to gain from the swap now

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Why don't we just take both for the year. Let Siebold learn from the best. He said he studied Bennett before he began coaching so I am sure he wouldn't say no to it.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Yeah 100 %.
However, there are clearly factors inside of BBQ that are wanting Bennett out and I'm sure it is those who'd support an early swap. But the club doesn't need to swap them out. We have the most to gain from either path next year. Souths have the most to gain from the swap now

Man that bbq WAS a big deal, hey?

But yeah I’m sure some of them want Wayne gone ASAP, but they will look like assholes if they don’t have anything more than ‘untenable’. Ball seems to be in Wayne’s court, where he likes it.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Why don't we just take both for the year. Let Siebold learn from the best. He said he studied Bennett before he began coaching so I am sure he wouldn't say no to it.

Seibold wants to be his own man and coach, and the club is looking for something different. Zero chance imo. Also doubt Souths want a caretaker for a year.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Wayne, Seibs, doesn’t matter. Whoever it is, is just a place holder until our Lord and Savior Hodgo is ready to make the step up to first grade coaching.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Wayne, Seibs, doesn’t matter. Whoever it is, is just a place holder until our Lord and Savior Hodgo is ready to make the step up to first grade coaching.
Nah Hodgo isn't our lord or savior, he would also just be holding down the joint till the Immortal Scott Minto delivers us to premiership glory.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Bluntly it is best for all, including our players off contract to, to have the swap done now. 12 months under a new coach is much easier to negotiate with.

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
Props to Seibs for calling this mismanaged shit out, yet 48 hrs is up and still no one in broncs management has the spine to give the fans certainly and clarity?

**** those *****.

Bronc's are starting to be like the Seinfeld opener where we are all just being clothes cheerleaders.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Props to Seibs for calling this mismanaged shit out, yet 48 hrs is up and still no one in broncs management has the spine to give the fans certainly and clarity?

**** those *****.

Bronc's are starting to be like the Seinfeld opener where we are all just being clothes cheerleaders.

how many times do the Broncos management have to say that Bennett will be the Brisbane Broncos coach in 2019

surely they don't need to hold a press conference every time the media decide to write a new article on the subject ... they would be doing nothing else until the 2019 season starts

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
There's nothing to clarify. Bennett will be our coach for 2019, unless, or until that changes, there's no comment to be made.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Steve Renouf sums up fan frustration as he calls for Broncos to end the coach swap saga with South Sydney
Broncos legend Steve Renouf has called on the club to end the Wayne Bennett saga as the NRL outlined plans to crack down on coach poaching.
Bennett has left his staff in the dark as to when, if at all, he will return to Red Hill after finishing his commitments with the England Test team earlier this week.
Secret talks between representatives of the major players are underway to clear the way for Bennett and South Sydney coach Anthony Seibold to immediately swap clubs.
An agreement has yet to be reached, however that situation could rapidly change given both clubs’ private desire to cut ties with their current coaches.
0a60fd1d2868b1f25ad24d56511f8082

media_cameraIt is reasonable to ask why the deal can’t be done now. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt)
Bennett, 68, has signed a two-year deal to coach the Rabbitohs from 2020 while Seibold had committed to a four-year tenure at Brisbane, also from 2020.
Both clubs have commenced pre-season training.
Seibold fronted for Rabbitohs training this week despite the likelihood he will not be there beyond Christmas.
A defiant Bennett has insisted he is committed to coaching the Broncos next season, however that will not transpire if a palatable agreement can be reached.
Renouf, who scored 142 tries for the Broncos, urged the club to finalise the matter so it could focus on next year’s premiership campaign.
204e1064e9889c1b113eeae1095b94a8

media_camera”The Pearl” doesn’t want it to drag on any longer. (David Kapernick)
“They need to call it and get on with it,” he said.
“There is a lot of money in a sacking. You’d like to think it wouldn’t come to that.
“There could be just a clean swap done and we’ll see Anthony here next year.
“It is a bit frustrating, mainly for the fans to be honest.”
7f0f9813dddd7e8fb0c3795dbe71f3ea

media_cameraSeibold has already expressed his frustration. (Monique Harmer)
The likely Bennett-Seibold swap would be the biggest move in a hectic coaching carousel which has seen the Tigers (Michael Maguire), Panthers (Ivan Cleary) and Sea Eagles (Des Hasler) sign new coaches.
At a meeting of club CEOs and the league on Wednesday, it was agreed the NRL would look to introduce rules to prevent clubs from poaching contracted coaches.
“I’d describe it as a unique period of the game’s history,” said NRL chief Todd Greenberg.
“I haven’t seen it before but it’s something I need to look carefully at to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
“What we have seen is impacts on clubs, fans and supporters with the recent changes in coaches. We’d be crazy not to look into it.
“There is 16 coaches and they play a significant role in the game. They are leaders in the sport.
“I’m not going to go around and change a rule without having a discussion with them.
“I want to hear their views. It doesn’t mean I’ll agree with them or do what they suggest, but I’d be crazy to not listen to such a significant part of the game.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...y/news-story/6399b5068a7f6992cab8032403dcc9c7

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
I feel like the Broncos Executive team could speak to the fans more.

No comments about a coach swap or why it could work if no swap happens

TPJ, Oates and Lodge not still not resigned and McGuire might be off to the Cowboys. Did they officially announce O'Sullivan?

I feel the Broncos keep fans waiting on lots of things for no good reason. Is it that hard to confirm departing players, name our development players for 2019 and to keep fans up to date about big issues that are being discussed. They are not exactly leaders in sharing info with the fans. I think fans would also like to know the rationale for their decisions.

Why buy a membership or jersey if you don't know what you are buying? The only answer is loyalty I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • rj9
  • Waynesaurus
  • sooticus
  • jd87
  • Xzei
  • broncoscope
  • Foordy
  • Skathen
  • Huge
  • lakers133334
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • kman
  • Justwin
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.