Sharks expose how to shut down Milford

You've professed your outside back prowess, I'm sure you understand how sport is.

In my experience, the most competitive players will push you to your limits, along with the rules. Basketball is a good example for those who have played open-grade. It's supposed to be a non-contact sport, but up against the strongest competitors, there are hidden knees, shoulders, elbows, hands holding your balls whilst your about to jump for a rebound, etc. If you react to every one of those moments in a game, your team mates won't be your team mates long.

I'm not saying it's right; it is what it is. I played 100% clean in all sports, and yet I relished the niggle. It meant I had the opposition worried.

Teaspoon of cement.

It works both ways. The opposition is pushing Milford to his limits, Milford is pushing the refs to their limits. I have seen on multiple occasions this year where Milford has received a penalty the 3rd or 4th time he's pushed for one. It gets the refs attention. Once, the refs will ignore it. Second time, the refs might have a vague interest in watching what's going on, but see it as more milking. The opposition then gets the idea that they can continue with the niggle and they won't get pinged. So they go a bit further and are more careless. Ref this time deems it too much and the whistle comes out.

It's a "whole of game" thing. Watch really closely, and you'll see that after the opposition do get penalised, Milford hits beast mode. The opposition know they can't keep holding him down, Milford knows he has more room to work, and the shredding begins.

I understand your logic, but I think it's very flawed.

Try-scoring opportunities are lost for the sake of milking a penalty ~four incidents later.

When he does it, the defenders have normally fucked around so long that the defensive line is already set. That's the whole reason the defenders do it. So there's no harm in an extra couple of seconds milking it.

Nah, it really isn't. Otherwise I (and others) wouldn't be upset.

But the defensive line is already set, like Morkel said. If you are going to be so dismissive of others points, why discuss?

XXXX you are misquoting my comment and taking it out of context. But feel free to continue if it suits your agenda.

Let it go mate....we've moved on.

Nah, it really isn't. Otherwise I (and others) wouldn't be upset.

Agreed. I'm a huge Milf fan .....
suspicious.gif

But I really wish he'd get it out of his game. It would have more of an effect if the referees weren't expecting him to look up with that huge crybaby puss EVERY TACKLE. If he were more like Locky or some of the other greats who took everything in their stride, then quite possibly the refs may react with a penalty if he once got up with that "what about that sir" expression.

At the end of the day......the game is all about momentum and slow play the balls kill it.

Darius is a shocker for it....but, I think he's improved markedly this season.

Agreed. I'm a huge Milf fan .....
suspicious.gif

But I really wish he'd get it out of his game. It would have more of an effect if the referees weren't expecting him to look up with that huge crybaby puss EVERY TACKLE. If he were more like Locky or some of the other greats who took everything in their stride, then quite possibly the refs may react with a penalty if he once got up with that "what about that sir" expression.

At the end of the day......the game is all about momentum and slow play the balls kill it.

Darius is a shocker for it....but, I think he's improved markedly this season.

What I wouldn't give to overhear a player on a ref mic saying "what about that sir?" Or even better, "he's been doin' it all night ref!"

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.