SOO Teams 2010

I'd go

1) Slater
2) Tuqiri (if he stays in form)
3) Inglis
4) Tate (havent seen him yet this year - is he good to go?)
5) Folau

Sadly Boyd misses out with this but I would NOT complain one bit if he's selected instead of Tuqiri - and I guess, rightly so.

My only worry with Tate at centre rather than wing for Origin is Folau will be starved of the ball outside him. Tate is brilliant defensively in Origin but is a very selfish attacking player and usually makes his winger a spectator. I would be happy with Folau inside of Tate if they want Tate instead of Tonga and then you play Tate at centre in defense and on the wing in attack.

The Gymp said:
My only worry with Tate at centre rather than wing for Origin is Folau will be starved of the ball outside him. Tate is brilliant defensively in Origin but is a very selfish attacking player and usually makes his winger a spectator. I would be happy with Folau inside of Tate if they want Tate instead of Tonga and then you play Tate at centre in defense and on the wing in attack.

100% Agreed. TBH I don't see the big deal with switching players around in D esp if they are on the same side so it can be done with ease. They should be prof. enough to be able to do this!

The Gymp said:

I don't see it being a problem to be honest. Folau has gotten a MOTM award in an Origin game with Tate playing inside him and for the other game he wasn't exactly "starved of the ball".

Tate played awesome today as well. He goes in ahead of Tonga easily IMO.

I wouldn't say easily but he certainly helped his cause. Was his hard running old self today.

Tonga has been better than Tate so far this year IMO, their form over the next few weeks should decide who gets the spot.

elyod138 said:
Tonga has been better than Tate so far this year IMO, their form over the next few weeks should decide who gets the spot.

+1 Tonga should be front runner at the moment. I wouldn't rule Tate out though.

Why not both now that Izzy is out for a month?

Tonga played right centre last year and he was fine.

The Rock said:
And just one the NSW team...I can't decide the forward pack yet as I haven't been convinced yet by a number of forwards, but I know what my outside backs will look like...

1. Jarrod Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Timana Tahu

Not far off the Mark IMO.
JH and BM are seriously shoe-ins.
Next on the list is MJ - I think they'll pick him.
I think they will go Tahu personally as well.

Not sure about the last centre spot though. Josh might have a leg up because of his brother.

draggx said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Im very surprised at all the ppl leaving tonga out and putting folau in centre. hes played only a handful of games at centre recently, while tonga is in brilliant form. his defence is second to none in the centres, and him and thurston have a brilliant combo. Add into that boyds poor form and i cant see any reason not to have folau on the wing where he has played all his origin, and tonga in the centres. dont forget how tonga ripped them a new one last year with his defence alone giving us 2 tries if i remember correctly.

Boyds poor form?

watch him last night?

leave Tuqiri out, Izzy to wing and Tonga in the centre

noticed when i posted that? 2pm yesterday... since i wasnt using my time machine i hadnt seen him play last night at time of posting...

up until last night he hadnt been in great form, he turned that around

#1 Kemp fan said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Im very surprised at all the ppl leaving tonga out and putting folau in centre. hes played only a handful of games at centre recently, while tonga is in brilliant form. his defence is second to none in the centres, and him and thurston have a brilliant combo. Add into that boyds poor form and i cant see any reason not to have folau on the wing where he has played all his origin, and tonga in the centres. dont forget how tonga ripped them a new one last year with his defence alone giving us 2 tries if i remember correctly.

I love how your the only one who is right come origin time because your the guru and the only person on this earth who knows anything about origin!

where the **** did i even suggest that im a "guru". arent i allowed an opinion now? i said i was surprised at tonga not being in many teams.... wow watch out, im such a know all.

its obvious u dont like me for watever reason (prob coz ur a stupid ****) but im allowed an opinion

The Rock said:
Dunno about that, Boyd has a outstanding game against the Dogs last week I thought.

either way, i think tonga is in better form, and since we already have a fullback in slater, and we need to fill a centre spot...........

Don't agree about Boyd's form QLDER but I go agree that he shouldn't ever be a shoe-in for Origin just yet.

if folau is out, definitely. i would see it as Boyd, inglis, tonga, tuqiri

^
Tough call on Tate - He's D in origin is amazing if he brings his A game. Furthermore --> He's aggressive and he wants to win... awesome origin traits.

I'm a big fan of Tate, would happily have him back at the Broncos as well.
I haven't watched him play much but seeing highlights he seems to be getting some nice touches so far this year.
I would have Tate in the team, he has experience, skill, speed and awesome defence. I don't think we need more "attacking" players with the backline and halves that we have.

Rocky, watching Friday night I would want Cooper inside Brett Morris down the left side. Cooper is built for Origin and has made it his fulltime job now to make Morris look even more awesome.

It would be cool to see the two brothers side by side though, both try scoring freaks as well.

Active Now

• azza.79
  • TimWhatley
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BruiserMk1
  • Alec
  • Broncs1459
  • Socnorb
  • Foordy
  • Skathen
  • Jedhead
  • mieko
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • Maddy
  • Justwin
  • Tim K
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.