State of Origin - Game 1 Discussion

Looks like Fifita could be suspended for Game II after the NRL finally concluded it's investigation into his arrest back in December.

It just seems to be speculation but what an odd decision that would prove to be.

Looks like Fifita could be suspended for Game II after the NRL finally concluded it's investigation into his arrest back in December.

It just seems to be speculation but what an odd decision that would prove to be.

I thought they were satisfied with his version of events and weren’t going to dish out any sanctions?

Apparently there’s a photo posted on social media that the QLD players have seen and it’s pissing them off.

I’m on my phone and can’t post it but it’s of Luai standing over Kaufusi yelling.

If I were Green, I would have a large print out of that photo at training and put it on their lockers before the game. See if that fires them up.
The media are calling it a powerful photo. Up there with the likes of the Berlin Wall coming down.

Sounds dumb to not delay the punishment by a further week or so to avoid suspending a marque player from the games biggest event, 6 months after the incident.

Sounds dumb to not delay the punishment by a further week or so to avoid suspending a marque player from the games biggest event, 6 months after the incident.
It does sound dumb, until you realise the timing is deliberate.

Fifita could be as damaging as Mitchell at his best if he is switched on. I would have thought he'd be switched on after the demolition on Wednesday too. I'd definitely would have proffered to have him play.

It seems there's a good chance Chambers could be called into the squad.

He's been pretty solid the past month for the Sharks. His defence is still a concern, but no worse than Capewell's.

Still gives me nightmares picturing him in a QLD jersey, though.

I'm pretty sure Jayden Campbell is a Blue, Tweed Heads product and I'm not sure if Presto's eligibility plays a factor as well. That's easily remedied with either Ponga, Brimson or Walsh going to fullback.

Jayden is definitely a Queenslander.

Grew up on the Gold Coast. Played his junior footy at Helensvale Hornets and attended Helensvale high school.

Game 2 Squad:

1. Brimson
2. Holmes
3. Opacic
4. Gagai
5. Mulitalo
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Papali
9. Hunt
10. Foutuakia
11. Capewell
12. Kafusi
13. Tino

14. Grant
15. Welch
16. Fifita
17. Arrow

I doubt green will be smart enough to pick this and we will likely end up with chambers or Mbye in the centre spot and coates back on the wing. Coates and feldt simply doesn't deserve to be picked, Mulitalo will gain more meters from the back then Coates stupid sideways running. they should actually pick a centre instead of a 2nd rower, tom is the best option currently. Grant offers a lot more of the bench in this stage of his career instead of just being a tackling bag for 40 mins and then being to tired to offer anything in attack, we can use hunt and him like Melbourne do. Bench is so much stronger then game 1.

It'll probably be something like:

1. Allan
2. Holmes
3. Opacic
4. Gagai
5. Feldt
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Papalii
9. Hunt
10. Welch
11. Capewell
12. Kaufusi
13. Tino

14. Walsh
15. Arrow
16. Phototaker
17. Fifita

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.