State Of Origin - Game 2 - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Shillington is slated to return Round 15, the weekend of Origin II.

I know QLD doesn't care so much about form, but Shillington's been poor this year, so I doubt he'd just walk straight back into the team.

Mal has been spotted having a secret meeting with Steve price. Interesting

QUEENSLANDER said:
Nsw need to drop morris. he is a myth at origin level. Good club finisher but thats it. They NEED hayne in that side. Pearce and soward were not doing enough play making to worry QLD, hayne would take care of that. If i was a blue selector, i would bring in hayne for morris, farah for ennis, and lahrs for king.

As for us, inglis and / or hodges to come in if fit, lillyman to make way for taylor.
I would agree with all those changes for both teams.

Right now NSW don't really have the attack to worry us. Although if NSW want to keep two hookers then I would drop Young ahead of Ennis, he's a waste of space. Hayne>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Morris, he's always been one of NSW best at origin level and King is hopeless.

If Teo hits form he would be a good option off the bench in place of lillyman.

For all those calling on Taylor to replace Lillyman - You expect QLD to field a team with only 1 front rower on the bench? lolz

Have you thought about the type of players they are? Lillyman is a prop adept at defending in the middle third. Taylor is neither.

If anything it would be Taylor to replace Parker.

m1c said:
For all those calling on Taylor to replace Lillyman - You expect QLD to field a team with only 1 front rower on the bench? lolz

Have you thought about the type of players they are? Lillyman is a prop adept at defending in the middle third. Taylor is neither.

If anything it would be Taylor to replace Parker.

Lillyman's not a prop. Just because he wears an 8 or 10 for the Warriors doesn't make it so. He was shown up last night. Worst prop on the field (yes, worse than King).

I'd shift Myles up front when Taylor comes on. Myles plays the same regardless and he has the ability to rumble forward like a prop.

How isn't Lillyman a prop? He carts it through the middle all day for the Warriors.

He had a mixed night and had the unfortunate title of being our worse but he showed some good signs out there - a couple of good carries and strong hits.

There's no way he was worse than King. Had it not been for 2 errors most people would have thought he was solid.

the changes QLD need to make for game 2 are, IMO:

- Nielsen out for Inglis (if fit)
- Lillyman out for Taylor
- Parker out for Johnson
- if Tonga is unavailable, Hodges ONLY IF he has played a game before the origin and came through fine.

i dont agree with dropping Tonga for Hodges just because Hodges is available. Tonga has been great since coming back into the team and had done nothing to deserve to be dropped. Hodges is injury prone, and he would not have stayed on the field for the full 80 minutes carrying an injury like Tonga did.

Parker did pretty well for us, some nice runs and offloads, but lets not kid ourselves - his value to a team is as a workhorse. an 80 minute player who gets through a bunch of work. starting line and never interchanged or not in the team IMO. and with the QLD pack, theres no place for him in the starting line, so theres no place for him in the team IMO.

Lillyman, well he just didnt do much that was impressive.

also wasnt really impressed with Hannant. i know civo and scott are just leagues ahead of every other prop, but we really started to lose it when Hannant and Lillyman were our main battering rams. but for lack of better alternatives, Hannant keeps his spot for mine.

I thought Hannant was the 3rd best prop on the field by a fair stretch. Some of his extra efforts in defense were outstanding. He definitely belongs at this level.

AP: Your bench only has 1 front rower.

Johnson would be starting right AP?

Anonymous person said:
the changes QLD need to make for game 2 are, IMO:

- Nielsen out for Inglis (if fit)
- Lillyman out for Taylor
- Parker out for Johnson
- if Tonga is unavailable, Hodges ONLY IF he has played a game before the origin and came through fine.

i dont agree with dropping Tonga for Hodges just because Hodges is available. Tonga has been great since coming back into the team and had done nothing to deserve to be dropped. Hodges is injury prone, and he would not have stayed on the field for the full 80 minutes carrying an injury like Tonga did.

Parker did pretty well for us, some nice runs and offloads, but lets not kid ourselves - his value to a team is as a workhorse. an 80 minute player who gets through a bunch of work. starting line and never interchanged or not in the team IMO. and with the QLD pack, theres no place for him in the starting line, so theres no place for him in the team IMO.

Lillyman, well he just didnt do much that was impressive.

also wasnt really impressed with Hannant. i know civo and scott are just leagues ahead of every other prop, but we really started to lose it when Hannant and Lillyman were our main battering rams. but for lack of better alternatives, Hannant keeps his spot for mine.

Agreed on all points except Parker. I agree that his value to a team is as a workhorse, but the exact same thing has to be said about Johnson, who you say should replace Parker. I think Parker brings more than Johnson could off the bench, so IMO should get to retain his place for now. Only just though.

yeah, parker did enough to keep his spot, a few handy offloads especially, which johnson couldnt do

lets be honest. morris makes rep teams based on the fact he is a twin. media froth on it.

much like in days gone by wolfman made rep teams cos he had a beard. jizz.

i thought parker was pretty good when he came on. hes a grub too so it makes for a good bit of banter with nsw supporting mates

I've never thought Parker is a grub tbh, he just tries to act tough and fails. Like when he can't land 1 decent punch after 6 swings.

Like most players who are trying to hit but have half their team hanging off them pulling them out of the fight.

1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Gasnier
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Bailey
9. Ennis
10. Snowden
11. Bird
12. Scott
13. Gallen (C)

14. Gidley
15. Lewis
16. Mannah
17. Merrin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Lostboy
  • Swordfish
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • lakers133334
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • phoenix
  • Justwin
  • armchair
  • Brotherdu
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.