State of Origin Game I - QLD vs NSW

Buzz Rothfield now trying to say on Twitter that Morgan will play fullback with Ponga on the bench. If they include Ponga on the bench over Milf they are buying into the hype plain and simple. Milf would be such a better pick.

Ponga was always going to be in camp wasn't he? For the experience. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him in for game 2 or 3 injuries and form of the team depending. I think you shift Inglis or Holmes to the back and bring Oates into the side. Or do the shuffle with Inglis to FB, Morgan to centre and Milf to the bench.

Milf to bench is the way to go imo

Ponga was always going to be in camp wasn't he? For the experience. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him in for game 2 or 3 injuries and form of the team depending. I think you shift Inglis or Holmes to the back and bring Oates into the side. Or do the shuffle with Inglis to FB, Morgan to centre and Milf to the bench.

Inglis to fullback and Morgan to centre is the better option IMO.

Sounds like Ponga will be taking the 14 spot.

Bad decision.

Buzz Rothfield now trying to say on Twitter that Morgan will play fullback with Ponga on the bench. If they include Ponga on the bench over Milf they are buying into the hype plain and simple. Milf would be such a better pick.

I don't agree. The bench player needs to provide value and be assimilated in to the team even if the 6 & 7 are doing their job well. In the past, it's been as a running back-rower, usually at lock, to blood them. Cronk did it. Morgan did it. Hunt would be capable of it. Milford I don't think is capable. He'd be great if we had an injury anywhere in the 1-7, so Morgan could plug that gap and we'd have a ye' ole Milford+Hunt combo, but otherwise he'd be taking up a bench spot that we could really use with an extra forward.

I don't agree. The bench player needs to provide value and be assimilated in to the team even if the 6 & 7 are doing their job well. In the past, it's been as a running back-rower, usually at lock, to blood them. Cronk did it. Morgan did it. Hunt would be capable of it. Milford I don't think is capable. He'd be great if we had an injury anywhere in the 1-7, so Morgan could plug that gap and we'd have a ye' ole Milford+Hunt combo, but otherwise he'd be taking up a bench spot that we could really use with an extra forward.

In 2008, QLD used Slater off the bench with great success. Hunt would start and move into the pack when Slater came on.

They could do the same thing with Milford and Morgan.

I don't see the need for a 4th forward on the bench. It's not going to make much difference.

It would be too late to pick Oates now.

You would want someone that’s been in camp and has had preparation.

Morgan to whatever QLD Cup feeder club he’s affiliated with, Holmes to the Sharks, Oates to wing and anyone to fullback

We need to rush Gillett back to play five-eighth. Moose to hooker, McCullough to lock, Oates to left wing, Isaako to fullback, Boyd never seen in the jersey again.

Oh sorry that was my Broncos suggestion.

Slaters done a hammy
Safe bet would be to run Boyd straight into the side
Even if it’s not a fullback, he could play centre or wing at the drop of a hat
No way do they contemplate ponga especially after he played a game on Saturday night

I'd even consider Holmes to fullback and bring Oates back to the wing

I reckon Slater will play, this sort of shit gets thrown into the fan days before every game 1 or decider. If not I'd go Holmes to fb Oates to wing

Sounds like Ponga will be taking the 14 spot.

Bad decision.

Shit decision. You either throw him in the deep end at 1 and leave the team as is or you leave him out. I'm more leaning towards having him at FB the more I think about it. Gives us another kicker and causes the least disruption. I'd much prefer Inglis marking up on Roberts than Morgan.

It would be too late to pick Oates now.

You would want someone that’s been in camp and has had preparation.

Didn't Milf and Ponga fly to Melbourne today? Have they been in camp up here training with the squad or something?

I reckon Slater will play, this sort of shit gets thrown into the fan days before every game 1 or decider. If not I'd go Holmes to fb Oates to wing

Walters has ruled him out, not said he's in doubt. He aint playing.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • kiwibronco
  • Manofoneway
  • dasherhalo
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.