OPINION Surely this is a hatchet job

Not to turn things overtly political, but when you have News Ltd involved, you also have the Liberal party MO in your back pocket. Bleed things dry and let corruption reign king. Then it becomes someone else's problem that will be framed as being their fault. News and Rupert have always been about power and influence, not money, or success so to speak.

It disgusts me they still own our club. I don't see that changing anytime soon. We sell papers, we sell clicks and we sell a hell of a lot more when we suck because the combined number of people that hate us is bigger than our fans, and they revel in our downfall. Not to mention our generic fan is an idiot that only gets their 'Broncos news' through the CM/Fox anyway. It makes no sense from their perspective for us to be well run when you can report the downfall year after year while also blowing all the Sydney clubs + Storm at the same time.

Nah I actually just think people at this club thought Seibold was the next Bellamy.

I definitely don’t think your theory is implausible, but honestly I think we’re just shit at the moment, I don’t think there’s any grand conspiracy. Ineptness, incompetence and arrogance is a simpler explanation, it’s just hard to accept that it’s happened at our club. We’re just shit at the moment, happens (or will happen) to every club. I’m sure there will come a time in the future when the storm are shit for a period too.

I definitely don’t think your theory is implausible, but honestly I think we’re just shit at the moment, I don’t think there’s any grand conspiracy. Ineptness, incompetence and arrogance is a simpler explanation, it’s just hard to accept that it’s happened at our club. We’re just shit at the moment, happens (or will happen) to every club. I’m sure there will come a time in the future when the storm are shit for a period too.
Yeah it’s like 9/11, when something so chaotic and unpleasant happens everyone wants to believe that it has to be part of a large unseen dark plan because the idea that it could just occur otherwise is too much of an existential nightmare...I mean except 9/11 actually was a conspiracy

Morkel could legit be the next Tom Clancy if he converted his conspiracy theories into books lol.

Media companies buying sporting teams was a bit of a thing ten, maybe twenty years ago. Synergy, if you will. But they're mostly offloading them to multi-billionaires these days and paying the broadcasting rights. Fat cats like owning restaurants and sporting teams. It's a flex more than an investment, and they usually offload them after they figure out they're not the greatest money spinner. Even Clive Palmer bought one.

Murdoch might end up offloading the Broncos if anyone will take them. News Corp sold the LA Dodgers. Disney sold the Ducks (the irony.) Comcast sold off the 76ers. Etc. Maybe News has more vested interest in Australia with Fox Sports, the Telegraph and Courier Mail. Someone has to pay the bills, so that pissed off thing you're feeling, that's part of what keeps us interested in the ongoing saga. The game itself only lasts 80 minutes, but the talking about it goes 24/7.
Why would they sell? Its traditionally profitable, costs them nothing, promotes their other media businesses and gives them direct influence at the NRL as a voting member of the commission.

PETER NOLAN

Change my mind. Same guy that bought Parra a spoon, bought us almost malevalent levels of ineptitude in regards to retention and recruitment.

He'd have to be sweating bullets over the pending arrival of DD.

PETER NOLAN

Change my mind. Same guy that bought Parra a spoon, bought us almost malevalent levels of ineptitude in regards to retention and recruitment.

How the **** did he get a gig with us after that shit?

How the **** did he get a gig with us after that shit?

There are a lot of questions they need to be asked about what the heck has happened over these last few years, it could border on corruption.

You'd think if this new CEO has any idea about what needs to be done, we will see Peter Nolan sent packing within the first few weeks

The recruitment has been a non-stop car crash, time after time we are losing quality young players. It's a credit to how much talent we actually have that after losing 3-4 genuine guns we still have some good ones coming through

Wouldn't all these so called "reviews" we've had over the last few years highlight Nolan as a key **** up? But he's still here. I'm not so sure he gets moved on under the new CEO when he comes in. I think Nolan is getting looked after by someone higher up.

Wouldn't all these so called "reviews" we've had over the last few years highlight Nolan as a key **** up? But he's still here. I'm not so sure he gets moved on under the new CEO when he comes in. I think Nolan is getting looked after by someone higher up.
He already got sacked once by Cullen after we missed the finals for the first time back in the Henjak days, surely he doesn’t survive a spoon.

He already got sacked once by Cullen after we missed the finals for the first time back in the Henjak days, surely he doesn’t survive a spoon.

Why was he bought back?

Yeah I can't pin the recruitment of Nolan on Morris. How he has survived for this long though...

Does anyone know if Kevvie rates Nolan? @Smokin' Joe @1910

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.