NEWS TC Robati stood down. Sexual Assault Charge

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Maybe the club has heard the whole story and told him it's best if he sits out rather than front the NRL. Last I heard the NRL has a no-fault stand-down policy that applies to cases like this. You can read about it here:

How it's been applied:

Why it didn't apply to George Burgess (5 years), in a case that might be similar to TC's (but we don't know that):

The Canberra Law Review picked it apart (good luck reading this):

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the no fault policy is only for incidents with a large potential prison sentence. I remember 11 years being the number thrown around.

The incident as described in the article above doesn't seem to fit that category.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the no fault policy is only for incidents with a large potential prison sentence. I remember 11 years being the number thrown around.

The incident as described in the article above doesn't seem to fit that category.
i mean the only difference between burgess and tc is sexualy touch and sexualy assault be fucked if i know the difference lol
i guess touching has a 5 year term

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
True, but the player in question plays for Broncos so, heck yeah, every rule counts & no rule should be bent including the ones that are not yet in existence.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

That's correct.

But IIRC, they added a discretionary component to the policy for crimes against women.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

It's 10 years or more IIRC. All of the information I'm reading says the max sentence for the type of sexual assault TC has been charged with is 10 years.

Either way the NRL also has the discretion to stand down players for crimes against women which they are taking a hard stance on. If the Broncos didn't stand him down, the NRL would have.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Heard Robati is in further trouble driving unlicensed? Can't confirm.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Dumbass. Had a few decent games at the back of 2021 and done nothing since. Not worth the noise surrounding him.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Might be time to cut TC loose.

Fair nuff......

You'd think he'd be laying pretty low. Stupid is as stupid does.......

Where are our forward leaders......club legends....?
Why aren't they helping these young and dumb fucksticks?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
It’s not even his first driving offence. Send the flop to the Phins.

Probably should’ve held onto Hoskings

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Fair nuff......

You'd think he'd be laying pretty low. Stupid is as stupid does.......

Where are our forward leaders......club legends....?
Visiting their mum in prison?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yep let's cut him loose so the Roos...I mean some club can benefit from the work we've put into him.

Active Now

• Allo
  • The Don
  • Old Mate
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manlyman
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Strop
  • Jeza23
  • Foordy
  • Griffo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • Browny
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.