10. Tamou
11. Myles
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

Barba
Tolman
Shillington
Fensom

well boyd shouldnt be there since he was pretty terrible all year. theyll still most likely choose him though.

ryan hoffman should be there also, but he wont be. he has been absolutely outstanding this season. i cant see them picking fensom on the bench either.

well boyd shouldnt be there since he was pretty terrible all year. theyll still most likely choose him though.

You don't understand rep selection do you? Once you're in the team it's hard to play yourself out of it - or for someone else to play you out of it.

There's stuff all wing quality in the NRL.

i do understand, but just because you played a test match 6 months ago shouldnt change the fact that you played terribly nearly every match since, especially when youre a fullback playing out of position on the wing.

Shouldn't, maybe. But the fact he's done the job for Australia before (not just 6 months ago), and Queensland, means he'll rightly be looked at more favourably than nuffies being talked up like Ash Graham...

i do understand, but just because you played a test match 6 months ago shouldnt change the fact that you played terribly nearly every match since, especially when youre a fullback playing out of position on the wing.

You fishing again.

If I was the selector this is the team I would pick

1: Billy Slater
2: Brett Morris
3: Greg Inglis
4: Josh Morris
5: Akuila Uate
6: Jonathen Thurston
7: Cooper Cronk
8: Matt Scott
9: Cameron Smith (captain)
10: James Tamou
11: Nate Myles
12: Anthony Watmough
13: Paul Gallen

14: Luke Lewis
15: Dave Shillington
16: Dave Taylor
17: Aiden Tolman
(Ben Barba) 18th man

1. Slater
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Inglis
5. Uate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Tamou
11. Myles
12. Wattamong
13. Gallen

And since Tim Sheens is the coach:

14. Williams
15. Boyd
16. Tuqiri
17. Ryan

I'll post a team later but those concerned with injuries and incumbency I hope this can be something of a guide...

ANZAC Test Team
1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jonathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Paul Gallen (vc)
9. Cam Smith (c)
10. David Shillington
11. David Taylor
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Luke Lewis

14. Daly Cherry-Evans
15. Ben Hannant
16. James Tamou
17. Anthony Watmough

List of unavailable players (needs updating) Ben Creagh, Brett Morris, Trent Merrin, Beau Scott, Mitchell Pearce, Jake Friend, Tim Grant, Bryce Gibbs, Jamal Idris, William Zillman, Ben Hannant, Matt Gillett, Corey Parker, Sam Thaiday, Andrew McCullough, Justin Hodges and Peter Wallace.

Where are Nate Myles and Matt Scott BP?
You named Hodgo and Thaiday while they're on the injury list

And NO, David Taylor has no business being in that list, especially not ahead of Nate Myles or even Ryan Hoffman! :ohmy:

I'll post a team later but those concerned with injuries and incumbency I hope this can be something of a guide...

ANZAC Test Team

The full VB Kangaroos train-on squad is: Josh McGuire (Broncos), Ben Te’o (Broncos), Matthew Scott (Cowboys), James Tamou (Cowboys), Brent Tate (Cowboys), Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys), Dan Hunt (Dragons), Tim Mannah (Eels), Matt Ryan (Eels), Darius Boyd (Knights), Akuila Uate (Knights), Lachlan Coote (Panthers), Michael Jennings (Panthers), Kevin Kingston (Panthers) Luke Lewis (Panthers), Greg Inglis (Rabbitohs), Nathan Merritt (Rabbitohs), John Sutton(Rabbitohs), Dave Taylor (Rabbitohs), Blake Ferguson (Raiders), David Shillington (Raiders), Daly Cherry-Evans (Sea Eagles), Brett Stewart (Sea Eagles), Glenn Stewart (Sea Eagles), Anthony Watmough (Sea Eagles), Tony Williams (Sea Eagles), Paul Gallen (Sharks), Wade Graham (Sharks), Nathan Stapleton (Sharks), Martin Kennedy (Roosters), Greg Bird (Titans), Nate Myles (Titans), Scott Prince (Titans), Feleti Mateo (Warriors), Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers), Chris Lawrence (Wests Tigers), Beau Ryan (Wests Tigers) and Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers).

Still needs Bulldogs & Storm players but that's the official squad for the time being.

My side
1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jonathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Mat Scott
9. Cam Smith (c)
10. James Tamou
11. Greg Bird
12. Luke Lewis
13. Paul Gallen (vc)

14. Ben Barba
15. Nate Myles
16. David Taylor
17. David Shillington

I value incumbency which is why Taylor gets the nod over Hoffman & Te'o as my bench fringe runner. Myles on the bench behind Bird because Bird is a fringe player where as Myles plays more like a lock.

Barba at 14 because rep coaches love their utilities and the idea of Barba coming off the bench to create havoc would be cool in what will be a nothing match.

Last edited:
These one-off tests are usually blow outs so I can see Barba tearing them apart.

Last edited:
When was the last time an Australian test team didn't have any Broncos?

Can't think of any example, but I'm probably missing something obvious.

When was the last time an Australian test team didn't have any Broncos?

Can't think of any example, but I'm probably missing something obvious.

I remember end of year 2007 match only having Civo, and that was his last year at the Broncos (until this one), so I dunno if he was still under contract...

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.