Teen giant Payne Haas makes big impression at Broncos pre-season training

I've said all along i dont think he will get that close this year, but at the same time, if he is knocking down the door and playing well in ISC ( i'm presuming he'll be playing there ) then i think Wayne will have no hesitation about throwing him in if he is needed.
Where else could he play? ISC is the only option now isn't it?

they are still young enough to play in the leagues below the ISC (e.g. Colts)

I was about to make a dick of myself and say “why can’t he just play in the Under 20’s”. Brain’s fried.

Thanks for the reply, guys.

Got some big fellas coming into our squad.

Was more thinking if he struggled a bit he might be dropped down a level like Foordy said.

You get them 1 in life time like players that can can handle anything and become great and I believe Haas is that.

He wasnt even our best forward in the u20's

He could play BRL i think.
Do they even bother assigning players to a BRL club? You'd have to think most Broncos contracted players could play ISC at the very least? What comp does Tanah Boyd play in?

Hopefully wayne cuts it out, experience hasn't been working for us.

Neither will choosing rookies over experience.

A rookie may be able to provide good impact to start off with but their inexperience in the NRL starts to hurt them when they start to drop off a bit because they can’t maintain that for long. Unlike the experienced players. Eventually they burn out.

Wayne knows what he is doing. He is a 7 time premiership winning coach remember?

Do they even bother assigning players to a BRL club? You'd have to think most Broncos contracted players could play ISC at the very least? What comp does Tanah Boyd play in?

They dont, but at the same time their affiliate club can ask them to play BRL. Wouldnt happen a lot, but it has happened on occasion.

people are in such a rush to get our kids into the NRL team ...

we should be developing them properly, not rush them into the side because they are playing well against other kids.

we should develop them similarly to Webcke and Civoniceva who were both given plenty of time in the lower grades to prepare and develop their bodies and games. they didn't debut for the top grade until they were in their 20's.

if we develop them right we could have a couple of quality long term forwards to build or pack around ...

if not and we get them in way before they are ready, we risk another tale of a talented youngster that failed to live up to his potential.
I agree but the issue with the game today is all it would take is a team to come in and throw cash and a starting spot at a young guy who isn't getting a gig in first grade and they'll be gone.

Loyalty is just about dead especially when it comes to the young guys coming through, they have managers in their ears telling them how much they could earn... just look at jnik

Neither will choosing rookies over experience.

A rookie may be able to provide good impact to start off with but their inexperience in the NRL starts to hurt them when they start to drop off a bit because they can’t maintain that for long. Unlike the experienced players. Eventually they burn out.

Wayne knows what he is doing. He is a 7 time premiership winning coach remember?
Oh well if he's up to it, I'm all for it. Su'a played a few games at his age.

I think he'll ge a run, maybe Fifita as well. You'll find its probably in their contracts. Footy ain't just about the game, you have to build your brand too and the sooner the better.

There's footage in the Korbin interview of D Fifita, he's already bigger than Korbin at 17. He'll be an absolute beast if we keep him, like Hess but bigger.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • Bish
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncs1459
  • Foordy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Waynesaurus
  • Scorchie
  • mrslong
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • whykickamoocow
  • broncos4life
  • Wendall Taylor
  • NSW stables
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • Fatboy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.