TENNIS Tennis

Who is the Greatest of All Time?

• Federer

• Nadal

• Djokovic

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
He is in the Bahamas now so it doesn’t seem like he has a problem with traveling. He is injured but not seriously and he specifically said that the idea of playing without crowds didn’t sit right with him. Why would he give that as his first reason even before mentioning his injury if it wasn’t the main factor. You are the one talking shit as usual.
Does he not live in the Bahamas? Believe he lives there due to taxes purposes etc.

Every time people start saying Kyrgios is ok now he’s just a month or so away from doing something that makes him look like a complete twat.

Nah. Just because he isn’t the stereotypical quiet tennis player doesn’t mean he’s the devil. He’s just him, unapologetically. He’s done a hell of a lot of good in the past couple of years.
If the biff was allowed in tennis he’d have a nose like Blake Ferguson’s.

He did. I’m sure he had better financial possibilities in Wimbledon, and injury-wise was likely in a better place.

**** people love to tear down tall-poppies regardless of logic. Not aimed at you mate, I just agree with Nashy. It’s his right to choose to go to a struggling Japan.
Firstly I agree with him not going to Tokyo, I think it is fucking crazy that the olympics are going ahead. Him not going regardless of reason is one of the few things I respect him for.

As for tall poppy syndrome that’s rubbish, at least in terms of my respect or lack there of for him. If it was tall poppy syndrome I would be ripping down Djoker, Federer and Nadal but they have earned every ounce of respect the get. I hate his attitude and I hate that he is wasting his talent. Like I said I hate his under arm serves and it is against the spirit of the game and when I play against people that emulate that it ***** me off.

Nah. Just because he isn’t the stereotypical quiet tennis player doesn’t mean he’s the devil. He’s just him, unapologetically. He’s done a hell of a lot of good in the past couple of years.
What good has he done?

Firstly I agree with him not going to Tokyo, I think it is fucking crazy that the olympics are going ahead. Him not going regardless of reason is one of the few things I respect him for.

As for tall poppy syndrome that’s rubbish, at least in terms of my respect or lack there of for him. If it was tall poppy syndrome I would be ripping down Djoker, Federer and Nadal but they have earned every ounce of respect the get. I hate his attitude and I hate that he is wasting his talent. Like I said I hate his under arm serves and it is against the spirit of the game and when I play against people that emulate that it ***** me off.
whats wrong with the underarm serve tho? i like it if its a genuine tactic as sometimes it does look like it is from him. But yes i cant stand it when its used for tanking etc.

whats wrong with the underarm serve tho? i like it if its a genuine tactic as sometimes it does look like it is from him. But yes i cant stand it when its used for tanking etc.
What’s wrong with it is that it shouldn’t be done. It is a provision in the rules that does not specify that a serve needs to be over arm so that for people that aren’t pros and are older players or have shoulder injuries can still play the game. Nick and people like him exploit that to try and get an easy point because the opposition needs to stand so far back for overhead serves. For mine it is akin to the underarm bowl in cricket and once you see enough old blokes fall over running in to try and get the under arm serves that young players emulating captain fuckface you get pretty sick of it.

Novak, at the start of this pandemic, was the cause of many people being infected, through his absolute utter arrogance. Not a peep.

He doesn't deserve shit, he should be back home, and sitting all this shit out. But because he's top dog, he gets a slap on the wrist, a forced media apology he didn't agree with, and praise.

A grade flog.

He is in the Bahamas now so it doesn’t seem like he has a problem with traveling. He is injured but not seriously and he specifically said that the idea of playing without crowds didn’t sit right with him. Why would he give that as his first reason even before mentioning his injury if it wasn’t the main factor. You are the one talking shit as usual.

As has been said, he resides there.

I don't care if it's the main reason, or the smallest reason. He is literally injured, and doesn't want to push himself in front of no crowds. Big deal. It's just something people who don't like the guy are latching onto.

Surprised some numpty hasn't said he's un-Australian yet.

Novak, at the start of this pandemic, was the cause of many people being infected, through his absolute utter arrogance. Not a peep.

He doesn't deserve shit, he should be back home, and sitting all this shit out. But because he's top dog, he gets a slap on the wrist, a forced media apology he didn't agree with, and praise.

A grade flog.
ah yes i completely forgot about this, and nick called him out on it but a lot of tennis and novak fans took it as nick being jealous of his success. Imagine the outrage is nick was partying in the middle of a pandemic

Here's the actual statement too;

"I also wouldn't want to take an opportunity aware from a healthy Aussie athlete read to represent the country."

Dammit Nick, if only you'd put this line first 🙄

FMD. I don't even like Tennis that much to care this much. I just think this guy gets a fuckin rough deal from fans, because the media told them to hate him for a while.

Meanwhile. Lleyton Hewitt was a spoilt little fucking flog too. Media loved him so it's not the same with him.

As has been said, he resides there.

I don't care if it's the main reason, or the smallest reason. He is literally injured, and doesn't want to push himself in front of no crowds. Big deal. It's just something people who don't like the guy are latching onto.

Surprised some numpty hasn't said he's un-Australian yet.
And I don’t care if you think he’s a flog or not. You are entitled to your opinion but if you are going to put shit on someone else for having an opinion then get your facts right. It had nothing to do with travel and he didn’t say he was withdrawing because of injury either just that he isn’t 100%. He doesn’t want to play without crowds so he is going to get his body right and play tournaments in America. I am entitled to think he’s a flog for giving up his ‘dream’ of going to the olympics for such a pathetic reason. For what it’s worth I do agree that he’s been better lately and I am aware that he has done some good things for charity as well but this is weak.

Incredible start by Barty. Plus kiva looks nervous AF.

First set Barty. Kiva has settled down and looks far more comfortable

Big break there by Ash. If she can hold this serve she can serve this out.

Scratch that kiva looks horrible again

Active Now

• Santa
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Pablo
  • Battler
  • Alec
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.