VOTE TEVITA PANGAI JR is BHQ Player of Round 8

Who is your player of the round (pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Arthars is surely our centre moving forward unless Staggs comes back. Mead isn't a centre but he will be handy wing depth.

Where the **** is Copley? Is he ded?

Weird from Kev to sign Copley and Asiata then banish them.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Arthars is surely our centre moving forward unless Staggs comes back. Mead isn't a centre but he will be handy wing depth.

Saw Copley sitting in the crowd on Friday night. Wasn’t in Broncos team wear or anything - strange.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Yep, all three of the signings in the offseason can't get a game, very weird.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
TPJ brings so much to that edge. He either runs over you and offloads, throws a cut out to the winger (like this video) or pops it to the centre.

By the end of the game the defence were in so many minds when he got the ball that he provided Arthurs with a half line break every time he got the ball - I hope that right side is fine tuned by the time Staggs gets back because it will be unstoppable if Staggs is receiving those passes.

Watch this try again and imagine being a defender if it was Staggs instead of Arthurs there. What a nightmare.

Also watch for TPJ to throw that pass back on the inside to Isaako. If Isaako calls for it on this play he’s in open space too. It’s a great shape.
Because the rest of his game was immense, what was overlooked was his play off the ball. His dummy runs were fantastic! He not only ran that way because that is what they play dictated but he ran the line with intent and looked like he was going to get the ball. He kept sucking their centre in giving more room for the outside players.

Our teams movement off the ball was generally a lot better which meant the defence was guessing instead of knowing who was getting the ball.

Kennedy did not get enough wraps. It was not a coincidence thst things changed when he got on the field. He ran with intent and either got an offload or quick play the ball and did a lot of support play. Numerous times gamble took the ball to the line and kennedy (and bullemore on occasions) ran up on the inside which kept the markers and held the A defender in, again resulting in more room on the outside. A very simple play but massive impacts upon the actual attack.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Who else stood up and started yelling when this happened?

In this video Milford doesn’t mark his man, instead goes for Taylor which forces Farnworth to mark the 2nd rower, leaving a 2 on 1 overlap for Oates - who did very well to stop the play, and amazingly well to juggle that ball. Oates than breaks away and Milford lazily jogs but never even tries to put himself in a position to be of use if needed. Farnworth covers the 8m head start Milford had on him and finishes about 35m ahead of him. Lazy ****

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
In this video Milford doesn’t mark his man, instead goes for Taylor which forces Farnworth to mark the 2nd rower, leaving a 2 on 1 overlap for Oates - who did very well to stop the play, and amazingly well to juggle that ball. Oates than breaks away and Milford lazily jogs but never even tries to put himself in a position to be of use if needed. Farnworth covers the 8m head start Milford had on him and finishes about 35m ahead of him. Lazy ****
I mentioned the exact same the other day. It was concerning to see and I wonder if Milf is nursing an injury still.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
One thing that struck me (actually being at the game and able to watch all the off-ball stuff you don't see on TV) was how much lazier Milf is than a few years ago at my last live game. Maybe my recollection is a bit off, but he used to be often showing up in support, always sniffing around the ruck, wanting his hands on the ball. I saw none of that lastnight, even with a team running riot, honestly he looked cooked. Whether it's a niggling injury, totally devoid of confidence, zero care factor...whatever it is, I don't know, but I don't like it. Gamble was pushing him around the park ffs!!

Sure he did some okay things as well, and maybe because of the pay packet and what I know he's capable of, I expect more (Fifita case in point, he made >100m and the rest of his stats were very decent as far as forwards go, but you'd swear he hardly touched the ball all game?). And sure he's never been a Teddy or Paps or Turbo type, literally ALWAYS there. But what I saw appeared to be a guy who either has zero desire to get back to the form that got him the big payday, or just doesn't have the physical capacity anymore. Which is horribly sad, because I'd love to see the guy get back to 2015-ish form with a solid HB beside him...but it's not looking good at the moment. IF he does, I doubt it'll be here with the Bronx.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Watch Herbie gaining on Oates from way back and Milford give up. All you need to know right there.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

not necessarily ...

IMO Asiata hasn't been used properly ... but the other 2 signings (Copley/Mead) were only ever going to be depth ... which we lacked in the outside backs.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He must be injured surely, he’s a shadow of his former self.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
not necessarily ...

IMO Asiata hasn't been used properly ... but the other 2 signings (Copley/Mead) were only ever going to be depth ... which we lacked in the outside backs.
I thought there was plenty of chance for Copley to come in, mind you I don't rate him, but I thought if Kev signed him he must've wanted him there.

I'm not fussed either way and hopefully Staggs/Farnworth can stay fit so Copley isn't even a chance.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I thought there was plenty of chance for Copley to come in, mind you I don't rate him, but I thought if Kev signed him he must've wanted him there.

I'm not fussed either way and hopefully Staggs/Farnworth can stay fit so Copley isn't even a chance.
Copley has only played 50 minutes of QCup all year.

Active Now

• lakers133334
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manlyman
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • rj9
  • Waynesaurus
  • sooticus
  • jd87
  • Xzei
  • broncoscope
  • Skathen
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.